Koichoco Info (Seiyuu and Other Review) and Discussion

littleshogun

Which is the best Girl in this VN?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best Girl in this VN?

• Isara
    • Chisato
    • Satsuki
    • Mifuyu
    • Michiru
  2. 2. Which is the best route in Koichoco?

• Isara
    • Chisato
    • Satsuki
    • Mifuyu
    • Michiru

This poll is closed to new votes

I finally got around to finishing my first route of this game (chisato's route specifically)

not bad I'd say, a lot better than what I was expecting at the very least.

I started off in the anti-chisato crowd and whilst I do still believe her t be a bitch, it is more understandable as during the early stage of her route and in the common route her feeling for Yuuki are tainted with sisterly protection from her problem. I was surprised at how they didn't go with the option that Chisato falls into even deeper despair and sees Yuuki not as her brothers replacement, but as her actual brother I.E by calling Yuuki Daiki. whilst that would've been interesting what we actually got wasn't too bad. Not very memorable and from what I've seen on this thread by no means the best this vn has to offer.

Here are my thoughts on the vn as a whole so far

It's pretty good and given that the last vn that I was really looking forward to was a bit disappointing I'm glad that this is keeping me as interested as I am.

It's done a good job getting me interested in school politics which is something I never thought I'd say.

I absolutely love the characters. Given how frequently all of the side characters appear it's amazing that I love each and every one of them. the only downside is the protagonist; Yuuki is not a particularly memorable protagonist and just seems completely dimwitted at times.

The art style is also pretty good, though I'm not sure how I feel about peoples ears being visible through their hair.

I finally got around to finishing my first route of this game (chisato's route specifically)

Hidden Content

Here are my thoughts on the vn as a whole so far

Hidden Content

Would have been funny if she said Daiki during a h scene :P

Disturbing is the word I would've used. But I suppose it takes all sorts to make a world. 

@TexasDice If you want to get youtube video for KoiChoco ED, I think there is. Here's the link to the user who upload Koichoco ED, although the ED is from PSP, so you'll hear Non-chan senpai ED but the rest of 5 ED should be the same I think. If some of you who already played all route find that PSP ED different from PC ED, please tell me.

The link:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2et1bKql49luBtOLVdQmwg/feed

Enjoy hear Koichoco ED, okay. To be honest I'm kinda disappointed that I couldn't hear the ED in Extra, only the BGM.

Edited by littleshogun

God damn am I loving Michiru's smile!

which is better? michiru's smile or isara's "aha"?

I like them both but for different reasons. Michiru's smile is something I appreciate ore because she's always so emotionless while Isara's 'aha' is simply an overload of cuteness.

If I had to choose between the two however I'd have to go with Isara, but it's a very close call.

Also... (Michiru spoilers)

Jeez, what right does Chisato have to come into another person's route and have the most emotional and heartbreaking scene of the vn (so far)!

finished the vn and i have only one thing to say:

"i love you, lets have sex!"

I can pretty much say the same thing to 95% of all the vns out there.

i didnt read 95% of translated vns so i didnt know however i encounter this at most 5 vns (have read 50 vns)

need to read more.

Not just translated. A good 90% of VNs have a romance theme anyway, so I expect the "meet and fuck" kind of setting for most of them. Also the current vn market swarmed with all this moege trash. 

I got nothing against moege, just the devs who just spam the market with these low quality moeges to make a quick buck (moeges are easier to sell than let's say yuri or NTR vns) and not make vns with decent story anymore. 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Finally got around to finish this

Isara:

Jeez, Chisato went batshit this route. Isara's personality can be summed up my polar opposite, so I didn't really enjoy her cheerfulness that much. But her route was an enjoyable read. The topic of discrimination against keitoku students made for a nice basis, but strangely enough, there just wasn't enough bullying or discrimination.

Satsuki:

Shows a cool front, but is actually quite mischievous. Personality-wise I liked her a lot. Satsuki's route focused more on the reason as to why Hazuki doesn't want to accept her family. And the confession, or revelation about her was something I found pretty interesting. In the end though, aside from enjoyment it also made me lament the fact that we don't have a Hazuki route.

Overall an enjoyable vn, the art being especially refreshing. I gotta say though, aside from the lack of a Hazuki route, a 3P with the monkey duo would have also been nice.

Routes: Mifuyu > Michiru > Satsuki = Isara > Chisato

Girls: Michiru > Satsuki > Mifuyu > Isara > Chisato

Isara:

Hidden Content

Satsuki:

Hidden Content

Overall an enjoyable vn, the art being especially refreshing. I gotta say though, aside from the lack of a Hazuki route, a 3P with the monkey duo would have also been nice.

Regarding Isara:

Isara was actually treated like shit several times by others including the two monkey girls. There was definitely a lot of discrimination there to the point that Yuuki was also being bullied.

Also with Mifuyu...

I am surprised you ranked Mifuyu's highly. I thought all the drama in her route could have easily been avoided if she was true to her feelings. Sure, her friendship with Chisato would be affected but Chisato was actually more mad at her for hiding it and not following/responding to Yuuki's feelings not the fact that that she "stole" Yuuki from her.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Isara:

Hidden Content

Satsuki:

Hidden Content

Regarding Isara:

Hidden Content

Also with Mifuyu...

Hidden Content

I meant discrimination/bullying from a third party, like from other students, not the Shokken. Sure, there were instances, but I would've liked a bit more. I guess I was just expecting more from what I heard from others. Expectations fell short, I guess.

As for Mifuyu, her not being true to her feelings was exactly why I liked her route that much. Along with her insecurities (figure, scar, etc.), I liked how she was so hesitant about it. That and well, I like drama. So the more the merrier. But let's face it, without all the drama in her route it wouldn't be enjoyable. It'd be boring if she faced reality and simply got together with Yuuki like that. I know I wouldn't like that, not one bit.

Also with Mifuyu...

Hidden Content

Wasn't discovering these things the point of it all though? You can't really critize the titanic for crashing into the iceberg until after the fact.

I would have handled Mifuyu's route differently.

After Mifuyu has been found out by Yuuki that she really loves him, she should have embraced the whole thing instead of playing "hard to get". Heck, if you find out that your crush also loves you, wouldn't you be happy about it instead of being mad about it? She's not like a tsundere or anything....
Edited by CeruleanGamer

She didn't want to betray her friend and ended up hurting everyone involved by trying to avoid doing exactly that. The life lesson learned here, is that someone will always get hurt in these situations and you just have to deal with that and make the best of it. In fact, that such a genius idea for a compelling plot and most other VNs having this scenario, usually waste it for the "intro-drama" before the real drama.

Mifuyu's route would be perfect and my absolute favorite, had it just ended 30 minutes earlier instead of driving the feel-train down a cliff for no reason. 

I guess I'm just more straightforward about this thing so I get very irritated when someone is being indecisive (I despise indecisive protagonists and heroines). If my bf wants something from me and I want something from him, we just tell each other, not let it drag pointlessly.... Because the more you do, the more drama it causes. If you truly love each other, go with the flow and let it go. ^_^

Some guys in real life have their "bros before hos" code, I guess this is the Mifuyu's equivalent of that. 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

I must say i completely understand Mifuyu not wanting to betray Chisato since she knew about their close relationship and the fact that she loved him. They are teenagers, they lack wisdom so mistakes will be made. But i do agree that too much indecisiveness is really grating for the eyes in the long run :P

Edited by Stormwolf