Discussion: Should Clephas' VN of the Month remain?

Clephas

Here is the blog entry on this.  If you are already decided, go ahead and vote... or not. 

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/blog/46/entry-726-upcoming-2nd-year-anniversary-of-vn-of-the-month-new-post/

Otherwise, use this thread to discuss your thoughts on the matter. 

Edit: New Link Above

Had to redo the poll and post.

My honest opinion is "Do what you'd like to."

I write reviews because I find them fun.  I don't get paid to do it (save for review copies, which I typically end up buying if I like the game to support the company), and as much as I'd like to, I probably never will.  Regardless of whether or not I like a game, I'd like to think that my reviews will influence at least once person to buy or not buy a game (depending on the circumstance), and if it accomplishes that goal, I feel I have done what I originally set out to do.

I personally read all of your reviews, and enjoy them greatly, but if you aren't enjoying the process of doing "VN of the Month", because it requires you to read quite a bit of what you consider to be mediocre or just plain shit, I won't blame you for dropping them in favor of reviewing more (or fewer, possibly) titles you enjoy/want to do.

Because of my stance, I will abstain from voting, but that is my opinion.

I look forward to your reviews, regardless of your decision!

I hope you continue, tbh. I don't know Japanese so I've always kept track of your reviews as a rough gauge to wether or not I would be interested in a title being localized. Though I never take anyone's opinion as fact until I've had a chance to read something for myself, I find your praises and complaints are often in sync with what I look for - and at the very least that nudges my interest to a extent.

But, what really matters if you want to keep doing it, all in all.

If you don't want to do them anymore then it's ultimately a matter of how long you wish to do them for the sake of others. I'm going to echo what everyone else has said and I hope you continue them as you write about them fantastically, but if you decide to stop for the aforementioned reasons it will be completely understandable ^.^

personally i´d like you to continue, cause when i read them ever so often then i get the feels you´re quite objective when reviewing, which isnt sth you see so often done by others, therefore go for it, as it has inspired me reading stuff, i wouldnt have done otherwise.

As others have been mentioning. Don't force yourself to do this if you yourself don't really want to. I honestly don't know how you can force yourself to read stuff that you find boring. I respect you all the more you putting yourself in those shoes; but I wouldn't respect you any less if you decide you just want to read the stuff you want to read (and just review that stuff if you want to). 

I'm not sure why you play games you don't want to play.  Leave the games you don't want to play to someone who does.

As for myself, I do read your reviews, but only when they're titles I'm interested in (usually the ones with gameplay).  I don't follow your VN of the Month threads at all, so I really have no clue how many of these games you played and blogged on due to this "VN of the Month" thing.

I'd like you to continue. Your reviews don't spoil and are clear to the point what the vn's are about. Who might enjoy them, what the good about the vn is, and the bad stuff. Always nice to read them.

I think you know how to pace yourself. Steer away more from lower quality stuff when you don't feel like it. Write mini reviews. Drop mediocre vn's midway. etc.

I honestly don't want you to go whacking yourself on the head by reading stuff you hate. So in the end, don't over do it.