Boku no Hitori Sensou / My own private war - Translation?

Boku no Hitori Sensou / My own private war - latest VN from Looseboy - scenario writer for Devil on a G-String and Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo. You can read review by Clephas here.

25168.jpg

https://vndb.org/v15797

What is done so far: well, I "adapted" game for unicode, so no need to change your locale anymore. Then, I changed the output from that vertical to normal horizontal (you can see in the image below), also translated top menu and MOST of it ALL, lo and behold - PROLOGUE (1st part of it) in GLORIOUS GOOGLE TRANSLATE!!! Obv I can do more, fix imperfections like word wrapping, change border, other stuff, but... no reason for that right now :)

How to use - just download patch and put in the installation directory, where you have wa.exe, this will do the trick!

Enjoy!

yfox6dS.jpg

Btw, if someone REALLY want to translate the game - then I need translator and editor and maybe image editor, if first two would be found. Feel free to contact me.

aw man, I really wanna read this (im a sucker for everything looseboy has something to do with).

I really need to get better at stuff for translation so I can start TL projects myself someday.

Anyways doing something is better than nothing though, so credits from for that, could be nice that someone would pick it up from there.

A few things... you should get all the names - both place names and people names - perfectly transcribed in English letters before you do anything else.  Also, I can tell just looking at that scene from my memories that the 'translation' is full of holes...  I suggest you refrain from trying to translate a VN until you can reliably play one without the use of ATLAS or Google translate and be sure you are understanding what you are reading.  I don't mean to be a bastard about it, but there is nothing more worthless for a game translation than a machine translation.  It is perfectly fine to use the aid of jparser or Mecab to get around a limited grasp of kanji, but using an actual translation tool is a waste of time...

Edit: I realize I sound like an a-hole above... but it is something someone would have pointed out at some point. 

Yeah, what clephas said basically. If you wanted to start a project and ask around for translators that's nice, but you honestly just wasted your time throwing the first chapter through google translate. If I wanted to play this game using google translate I could do so on my own fairly simply. 

I'm pretty sure many will agree on this, but this machine translation makes me even less interested in playing the game, and that you're just making a mockery of the works. The fact that you didn't even make an attempt to edit the machine TL screams nothing but blatant satire, and that's not a very positive message to convey if you're trying to get a project started

I put Google translate just to show english words on screenshot :) I see no meaning to edit that. Actually it was about hacking the game script (it was actually crypted), making game work with any locale settings, and other things I mentioned in first post. Why you concentrated on that Google I do not know. Do not like it - do not use it.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think you've done a brilliant job! Well done, great work so far. I really appreciate your hard work in making the game not need you to change your system locale. I think a lot of people are missing the point in how you've done a pretty decent job in your area so far, and you've proved yourself competent enough in your field and to be dedicated in it.

I for one really hope a competent translator interested in this project will see that and be willing to help. ^_^

1 hour ago, Forgetful Frank said:

I think you've done a brilliant job! Well done, great work so far. I really appreciate your hard work in making the game not need you to change your system locale. I think a lot of people are missing the point in how you've done a pretty decent job in your area so far, and you've proved yourself competent enough in your field and to be dedicated in it.

I for one really hope a competent translator interested in this project will see that and be willing to help. ^_^

Seems yes, everyone somehow tend to misunderstand my motives. Same happen when I speak about translators who get paid for their job - some people seems deliberately think I am against official releases, which is not so and I am usually happy if the game gets official release, unless it is cropped/modified/worsened in some way...

Anyway, I would be happy, if someone competent enough is interested in translating the game. Too bad that the_n00b_avenger is not interested :( All is ready from the tech point and only need a dedicated translator...

it seems that fan translator only care to translate moege vns...as if they weren't already tons of those around. I don't think it has anything to do with the difficulty, this vn in particular is not that hard also is not super long either, hope someone picks this project up. I will bump this thread from time to time maybe with a bit of luck...

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Scorp said:

Lets see if any reliable translators interested in this will contact me this time...

almost pains me to admit, but i guess you´re better off keep on pestering the frontwing conglomerate about them possibly consider doing said title in the (nearer)future

2 hours ago, XReaper said:

almost pains me to admit, but i guess you´re better off keep on pestering the frontwing conglomerate about them possibly consider doing said title in the (nearer)future

In this case it would have nothing to do with my work, so... I do not want it to be in vain. If I just wanted to read the VN i would be able to do it with parser and translation tools, you know... Also in this case it would certainly be a censored version, with completely cutted out h-scenes and who knows what else. I do not want it.

And buying it second time for almost same price... That's ridiculous.

• 1 month later...
On 23/7/2015 at 10:38 PM, Scorp said:

What is done so far: well, I "adapted" game for unicode, so no need to change your locale anymore. Then, I changed the output from that vertical to normal horizontal (you can see in the image below), also translated top menu and MOST of it ALL, lo and behold - PROLOGUE (1st part of it) in GLORIOUS GOOGLE TRANSLATE!!! Obv I can do more, fix imperfections like word wrapping, change border, other stuff, but... no reason for that right now :)

You have actually come quite far and I'm impressed. You seem to be very well in control of the engine part of the VN, meaning you can insert the translation and it will look fine. This can be way more problematic than one might think. You really deserve a translator, but sadly I can't help you with that.

29 minutes ago, tymmur said:

You have actually come quite far and I'm impressed. You seem to be very well in control of the engine part of the VN, meaning you can insert the translation and it will look fine. This can be way more problematic than one might think. You really deserve a translator, but sadly I can't help you with that.

Yeah, seems I can do anything with engine, but still no point without a translator, who is still absent... Maybe someone will be interested. One day.