What are you playing?

Senshinkan is absolutely bonkers. Im currently reading it at a snails pace, mostly because it is obscenely difficult japanese with a very complicated setting, so. Hard times.

The ITH problem is annoying and really adds to the reading time, but i've gotten used to it. Just highlight whats on the screen at the time in the textwall and break it up into chunks. It's far less intimidating that way then reading a huge textwall before any of it is on screen. Theres no fix to it, unfortunately. It's just how the engine is.

Did you actually get it working with ITH? How?

But yeah, you can say that again. I was doing fine with the dubbed prologue, and the following descriptions of the scenery were quite manageable for me too, even though the dictionary was getting really difficult - but the fight scene was where it got absolutely ridiculous. Those technique names, fake kanji readings... and the overall advanced grammar... what a nightmare. :x

I'm only properly studying japanese for the second semester now, so I might be jumping in way too soon, but this VN really is so tempting... Highlighting one line at a time sounds like a great idea, the walls of text scared me so much I had to give up without even having the power to finish the prologue completely. :x

Did you actually get it working with ITH? How?

But yeah, you can say that again. I was doing fine with the dubbed prologue, and the following descriptions of the scenery were quite manageable for me too, even though the dictionary was getting really difficult - but the fight scene was where it got absolutely ridiculous. Those technique names, fake kanji readings... and the overall advanced grammar... what a nightmare. :x

I'm only properly studying japanese for the second semester now, so I might be jumping in way too soon, but this VN really is so tempting... Highlighting one line at a time sounds like a great idea, the walls of text scared me so much I had to give up without even having the power to finish the prologue completely. :x

I'll PM you the ITH I use that works with it.

But yes, ITH does the textwall thing and grabs everything when the game goes AVL mode, and sometimes you have to slog through a number of hooks to find the one thats grabbing everything, but it's just some extra labour. The game itself is definitely worth it. It IS really hard to grasp though. The game is written as though you know japanese history, and paid quite a bit of attention in history class. It's a whole lot of Fuck. Especially when the antagonists have these incredibly vague conversations.

The ABSOLUTE monster of this VN though is Karuma Dan. He speaks with a Hiroshima-ben dialect and it's very.. wow. Hard to parse. I definitely suggest knowing some/looking up some about the dialect if you plan on reading this, as Dan's dialect is not only hard itself, hes a very enigmatic weird character that just makes everything he does weird and hard if you dont know anything.

Edit: JUST KIDDING APPARENTLY THE SITE IS DOWN. I'll get it for you when its back up.

Dunno, I didn't find it overall that hard. Also regarding history, pretty much everything you need is explained in the game itself, and overall info about Meiji is common knowledge.

I'm still at Akira-Seiji route (ch10) tho, so I guess I didn't see worst of Dan yet.

Overall writing is hard, but you get used to it after several chapters. Speaking of which, I love how Masada adds separate meanings to words with furigana. More writers should use this.

Well, I'm still playing through the common route in Grisaia, and I'm trying to resist the urge to bash my head against a wall.  It's not that it's bad, it's just SOOOO SLOW.  Nothing really important plot-wise has happened yet, and it's making me wonder when the hell the first choice is gonna show up.

I'm past the point where

Amane gives Michiru the concentrated Vitamin A powder, and sarcastically does a whole bit about it being heroin after Yuuji asks her if it is.

it's amazing how it could felt boring and hilarious at the same time.

I'll PM you the ITH I use that works with it.

But yes, ITH does the textwall thing and grabs everything when the game goes AVL mode, and sometimes you have to slog through a number of hooks to find the one thats grabbing everything, but it's just some extra labour. The game itself is definitely worth it. It IS really hard to grasp though. The game is written as though you know japanese history, and paid quite a bit of attention in history class. It's a whole lot of Fuck. Especially when the antagonists have these incredibly vague conversations.

The ABSOLUTE monster of this VN though is Karuma Dan. He speaks with a Hiroshima-ben dialect and it's very.. wow. Hard to parse. I definitely suggest knowing some/looking up some about the dialect if you plan on reading this, as Dan's dialect is not only hard itself, hes a very enigmatic weird character that just makes everything he does weird and hard if you dont know anything.

Edit: JUST KIDDING APPARENTLY THE SITE IS DOWN. I'll get it for you when its back up.

Oh, thank you! I'll try reading again when you do, even if it means I'll get stuck on every single sentence. :D

Dunno, I didn't find it overall that hard. Also regarding history, pretty much everything you need is explained in the game itself, and overall info about Meiji is common knowledge.

I'm still at Akira-Seiji route (ch10) tho, so I guess I didn't see worst of Dan yet.

Overall writing is hard, but you get used to it after several chapters. Speaking of which, I love how Masada adds separate meanings to words with furigana. More writers should use this.

I know some of the history already, and I will have to learn it in detail either way because of uni, so I should be safe, I think. It's the writing that gave me the most trouble, but yeah... my japanese is still pretty bad. I did make it through some VNs without too much trouble, but yeah, this is a whole different level. Should be worth it, though! Also that thing with the kanji you like scares me more than anything else, but I can see the appeal of it.

It has a lot of hidden subtext with history that kinda flabbergasts me. The stuff with Noe Itou is pretty hilarious after finding out who her character is based on. Its.. quite something.

Think my favorite part of Masada would be his depictions of fights though. It's just so descriptive and pulls you into the pace so well its.. something else. I've seen.. quite a bit of creative furigana usage in other games though, maybe I'm spoiled on selection. Asairo used it to an insane degree, for eg.

Dans the worst, he still hurts me. Not as bad now though after informing myself about the dialect though.

my next game is rewrite im taking a break from kamidori so i don't burn out and ill be streaming it to if you're interested there's a topic over in the general discussion forum.

Kamidori is so freaking bad ._.

No story, the characters are just sexy girls with no personnality and are completely uninteresting.

The game is too long.

Better play a real RPG.

When I wake up in the morning I just wonder if 5/10 is a bit too much. I stalled it ... FOREVER.

(Personnal opinion <3)

Kamidori is so freaking bad ._.

No story, the characters are just sexy girls with no personnality and are completely uninteresting.

The game is too long.

Better play a real RPG.

When I wake up in the morning I just wonder if 5/10 is a bit too much. I stalled it ... FOREVER.

(Personnal opinion <3)

Is it really that bad? I started it yesterday and I'm about 2 hours in. It's not that bad so far (not amazing either) is it taking a turn for the worse later in the game or..?

Is it really that bad? I started it yesterday and I'm about 2 hours in. It's not that bad so far (not amazing either) is it taking a turn for the worse later in the game or..?

It's not taking a turn for the worse, it's just not taking a turn :P

It's not taking a turn for the worse, it's just not taking a turn  :P

dont worry, its a great visual novel in general

That's good, I'm liking the dungeons so far, besides that damn reaper and rocktoise (Can't kill them that easily since everyone is still way too low) any tips that could come in handy early game?

I'm playing Chaos;Head right now, it is a bit odd with all the ilusions, I seems they are no individual routes for the girls, just a bad end, a normal end, and true end.

OBS: I'm an otaku like the MC, but the guy disgusts me somehow, imagining all the girls he see confess to him or do erotic things to him...

I looked for one but there doesn't seem to be an *actual* walkthrough I found something that somewhat resembles it but there is too much information on it, that I'm not really sure what I need and what I don't..

aslong you have the basics down and the money & gold tips you should be good to go

I looked for one but there doesn't seem to be an *actual* walkthrough I found something that somewhat resembles it but there is too much information on it, that I'm not really sure what I need and what I don't..

Do deadbeat dungeon until characters are overpowered, Easy :P

Kamidori is a good game, just not if you're looking for an epic plot or romance. The characters are okay, if not steroptypical, there are plenty of H-scenes if you're into that, and the difficulty isn't too bad. All in all, it's light and easy-going game for the most part.

Also on the topic of Grisaia, I loved the Commmon Route, but when the character routes started and all those twists come out like,

Michiru having a split personality that came from a transplant, Sachi and her past alongside with what happens in ther route, and Amane with the whole revelations with Kazuki...

It just made me lose interest. Sure, the game doesn't hide that the girls are in the school becasue they can't really be in normal society, but still, geez.

Well, I really need to get back on Hoshizora and finish it this weekend, damn. Came across Axanael yesterday, and I really want to read it - looks simple enough, and it's Nitro+... I need something simple to read in japanese for once. :D But damn, the backlog... and the started VNs...  :wacko:

I'm playing Chaos;Head right now, it is a bit odd with all the ilusions, I seems they are no individual routes for the girls, just a bad end, a normal end, and true end.

OBS: I'm an otaku like the MC, but the guy disgusts me somehow, imagining all the girls he see confess to him or do erotic things to him...

Well, it's your fault for picking these things. :D I've finished a whole playthrough without even knowing the illusion system existed, and I feel like I had a better experience than if I knew it did... it took out all the things you mentioned, for example. :D But then again, there are the "bad" ones too, and I suppose it does add to the story-telling if you use them a lot.