What are you playing?

For the record, Yuuji's thing in Michiru's route is because it was a different writer who (imo) completely mishandled his personality and made him unnaturally aggressive.

Still not as bad as his Yumiko counterpart.

I know it was another writer, but all in all his personality more or less remained the same. What really changed was the writing style.

Hmm after these few later Vn's ive been reading i felt like a longer Vn to keep me busy(although im always busy)..

So after i was reminded of Kamidori from the recent Walkthrough i have decided to walk down this long path..again..I had a few months back but lost it due to Drive crash..but enjoyed it..I played Yuela's route first, at first i didnt take notice of her and her personality, but like others have mentioned..She is like a Tsundere xD..

Anyway Onto ALchemy Meisterer for me xD.

I know it was another writer, but all in all his personality more or less remained the same. What really changed was the writing style.

I disagree entirely. His personality is not at all the same. Yuuji was always a smartass but he was never heartless. He goes far, far out of his way in Makina's especially to help her. A big part of why Yuuji wants to help these girls are because of his own problems; Michiru's route is absolutely backwards from that.

I disagree entirely. His personality is not at all the same. Yuuji was always a smartass but he was never heartless. He goes far, far out of his way in Makina's especially to help her. A big part of why Yuuji wants to help these girls are because of his own problems; Michiru's route is absolutely backwards from that.

He may have been a smartass in the other 2 routes but:

The out of character Yuuji is there because he allways had to deal with "fisical problems" on the other routes. On Amane's, he waits patiently for her recovery since she is behaving "normally". In Makina's, he has to deal with lots of problems with her family, but pretty much it's a world he knows about due to his work.

In contrast, he has to deal with Michiru, a girl who's getting heavily drugged, who has attempted suicide and has the worst self destruction impulses out of the whole group. It doesn't strike me as strange the great deal of insecurity and helplesness Yuuji should have had thinking on how to deal with that situation.

Poeple react differently on different circunstances. You can't expect the protagonist to be a monolithic block of ideas and concepts. there is something called character progression.

Finally, the only 2 routes in which he tries to help the other girl because he relates to her are Makina's and Sachi's. In Amane's he simply knows something is wrong with her but until she presents the diary to him he has no clue about what happened to her.

Now, if you excuse me, I'll be cuddling with Maefdomn's pillow

He may have been a smartass in the other 2 routes but:

The out of character Yuuji is there because he allways had to deal with "fisical problems" on the other routes. On Amane's, he waits patiently for her recovery since she is behaving "normally". In Makina's, he has to deal with lots of problems with her family, but pretty much it's a world he knows about due to his work.

In contrast, he has to deal with Michiru, a girl who's getting heavily drugged, who has attempted suicide and has the worst self destruction impulses out of the whole group. It doesn't strike me as strange the great deal of insecurity and helplesness Yuuji should have had thinking on how to deal with that situation.

Poeple react differently on different circunstances. You can't expect the protagonist to be a monolithic block of ideas and concepts. there is something called character progression.

Finally, the only 2 routes in which he tries to help the other girl because he relates to her are Makina's and Sachi's. In Amane's he simply knows something is wrong with her but until she presents the diary to him he has no clue about what happened to her.

Now, if you excuse me, I'll be cuddling with Maefdomn's pillow

Yuuji constantly talks in that route about how people have to help themselves when it comes to their own mental problems. It contradicts what he said before in Makina/Amane's route, but let's forget that for a second. He outright contributes to the problem in Michiru's route. The 'pretend sex'? seriously? Yuuji would never do that. He's also proven that he's not insensitive enough to outright ignore someones feelings like he constantly did to Michiru during her route.

Also, if were talking about the other routes; Yuuji is not doing stuff for this girls just for them. He is recreating how his master saved him, acting out the same kindness he was shown when he was saved. THAT is his biggest character motivation. And ALL his actions in Michirus route go against that single chatacter motivation; there is no justifcation for that. Yuuji wasnt brooding and wondering how he could help her. He was outright hostile. It's nonsense.

I could see it this was placed differently; but this was after the huge common route which culminated in the beach trip, where Yuuji finally feels himself warming up and allowing himself to be happy. Quickly switching into an omega dipshit who's constantly mean to someone with mental problems is not the same character in any other route, i'm sorry.

Also, Yuuji was completely lost in Makina's route. I don't know how you can say he 'knew what he was doing'. He was fighting Makinas family and his own organization. He's just smart enough to pull through. So, yes. I expect a hairs worth of consistency in characters. Michiru's route and Yumikos route both bastardized the protag. Even Sachi's route has it toned down. The writers dont all get together and decide if the routes work together, or if they're consistent. Alot of them are seperate.

Example: Take yuuji out of the picture in all the scenarios. Makina would not be able to stand on her own two feat, Amane's survivors guilt would plague her forever. Sachi is forever pathologically obedient and Yumikos never fixed either.

Now, try that with Michiru. She never goes through the depression, the split personality is kept low through medication, she still has her friends. She sadly doesn't get to date yuuji, but her issues are amplified by yuuji. I dont see how thats arguable.

The nicest thing Yuuji did for Michiru was burry her alive.

Yuuji constantly talks in that route about how people have to help themselves when it comes to their own mental problems. It contradicts what he said before in Makina/Amane's route, but let's forget that for a second. He outright contributes to the problem in Michiru's route. The 'pretend sex'? seriously? Yuuji would never do that. He's also proven that he's not insensitive enough to outright ignore someones feelings like he constantly did to Michiru during her route.

Also, if were talking about the other routes; Yuuji is not doing stuff for this girls just for them. He is recreating how his master saved him, acting out the same kindness he was shown when he was saved. THAT is his biggest character motivation. And ALL his actions in Michirus route go against that single chatacter motivation; there is no justifcation for that. Yuuji wasnt brooding and wondering how he could help her. He was outright hostile. It's nonsense.

I could see it this was placed differently; but this was after the huge common route which culminated in the beach trip, where Yuuji finally feels himself warming up and allowing himself to be happy. Quickly switching into an omega dipshit who's constantly mean to someone with mental problems is not the same character in any other route, i'm sorry.

Yuuji had the same problem on Amane and Michiru's route: he wanted to help then but he didn't know how to, he was commpletely lost on how to do it. He took the same resolution on both routes: he simply waited and said yes to both girls desires, with completely different results. In Amane's, as she was very much stable in psicological terms, the resolution presented by itself and Yuuji could grasp it on a more or less easy way. By contrast, in Michiru's, things got out of control and Michiru almost suicided. It's obvious that the impact and fears that were born after that would make Yuuji behave in a completely different way after that compared to Amane's route, in which the plot develops at a constant and progressive way.

About if Yuuji would never had sex with a girl pretending to love her, I'd say he practically does it all the time on Amane's route. As he mentioned there, he knows that she's hiding something and she's trying to hide it using sex.

As for why Yuuji behaved like an asshole to Michiru during the first halve of her route, isn't it mainly because he thinks at first that Michiru is an idiot? He'd probably never had gotten that close to her if it weren't for Michiru B and the curiosity she stirred on him. Everything happens and develops abruptly and dissorderly due to Yuuji not taking seriously what happens with Michiru until the suicide attempt. That's when he realizes the stuff is serious and he switches to the "Yuuji who helps the girls".

Also, Yuuji was completely lost in Makina's route. I don't know how you can say he 'knew what he was doing'. He was fighting Makinas family and his own organization. He's just smart enough to pull through. So, yes. I expect a hairs worth of consistency in characters. Michiru's route and Yumikos route both bastardized the protag. Even Sachi's route has it toned down. The writers dont all get together and decide if the routes work together, or if they're consistent. Alot of them are seperate.

In Makina's route he more or less had a plan since the beggining to bring her out of the hole she was in as her "father". He sticks to it seeing that Makina is practically the same as him some years ago (minus the "arm curse"). IThis is what I was talking about when I said he knew what he was doing: helping Makina to overcome her trauma.

Once again, I don't get why you are so much closed into Yuuji allways getting the same results. He deals with very different scenarios, gets different results and reacts on different ways to then as well. Character progression it's the key.

Example: Take yuuji out of the picture in all the scenarios. Makina would not be able to stand on her own two feat, Amane's survivors guilt would plague her forever. Sachi is forever pathologically obedient and Yumikos never fixed either.

Now, try that with Michiru. She never goes through the depression, the split personality is kept low through medication, she still has her friends. She sadly doesn't get to date yuuji, but her issues are amplified by yuuji. I dont see how thats arguable.

The nicest thing Yuuji did for Michiru was burry her alive.

I don't see which problem are you having here, really... yeah, other girls would have needed Yuuji more than Michiru. Until Yuuji irresponsably kissed her and the delicate building she had completely crumbled. The amount of the disaster was so big that Michiru B, which alledgely had allways concealed her existance to other people, including Michiru's parents, decided to demand Yuuji to do something to resolve the mess he did.

(This is kinda hilarious how its just rows of spoiler tags)

Yuuji had the same problem on Amane and Michiru's route: he wanted to help then but he didn't know how to, he was commpletely lost on how to do it. He took the same resolution on both routes: he simply waited and said yes to both girls desires, with completely different results. In Amane's, as she was very much stable in psicological terms, the resolution presented by itself and Yuuji could grasp it on a more or less easy way. By contrast, in Michiru's, things got out of control and Michiru almost suicided. It's obvious that the impact and fears that were born after that would make Yuuji behave in a completely different way after that compared to Amane's route, in which the plot develops at a constant and progressive way.

Yes, but:

Michiru attempted suicide because Yuuji was an uncaring asshole that he would never have been if he was written by Fujisaki.

All the drama in Michiru's route is because Yuuji existed. And he is the ONLY one that is the case for. He solved the problem in four seconds in Amane's as soon as he heard the mental trauma. Literally as soon as he heard it. It's not the same thing at all. Even when Michiru was explaining to him what happened during his flashback, before, he ACTUALLY said that he might doze off so wake him up. WHAT?

About if Yuuji would never had sex with a girl pretending to love her, I'd say he practically does it all the time on Amane's route. As he mentioned there, he knows that she's hiding something and she's trying to hide it using sex.

As for why Yuuji behaved like an asshole to Michiru during the first halve of her route, isn't it mainly because he thinks at first that Michiru is an idiot? He'd probably never had gotten that close to her if it weren't for Michiru B and the curiosity she stirred on him. Everything happens and develops abruptly and dissorderly due to Yuuji not taking seriously what happens with Michiru until the suicide attempt. That's when he realizes the stuff is serious and he switches to the "Yuuji who helps the girls".

I guess you can compare it to Amane's route, but there Yuuji is basically forced into it. He knows Amane has issues but she constantly greets him with a smile, hes admitted to liking her already, he has no reason to refuse. In Michiru's it is a feeble, barely hanging on person who doesn't care if he doesn't care about her, she just wants some sort of affection in her life, and he STILL just says "it's just pretend." ?????????? Again, Yuuji doesn't actually do anything in Michiru's route to help her except at the end when he throws her into a coffin. He's constantly reciting the whole "people have to help themself." line, which is fine, but he actively makes it worse.

In Makina's route he more or less had a plan since the beggining to bring her out of the hole she was in as her "father". He sticks to it seeing that Makina is practically the same as him some years ago (minus the "arm curse"). IThis is what I was talking about when I said he knew what he was doing: helping Makina to overcome her trauma.

Once again, I don't get why you are so much closed into Yuuji allways getting the same results. He deals with very different scenarios, gets different results and reacts on different ways to then as well. Character progression it's the key.

And I have no idea how you can honestly say a different writer can somehow write the same person the same way as the main writer. That goes against all the rules of writing from the start. You act like they both got in a room and talked about how Yuuji would play out in Michiru's route and thats just totally not how it works.

Yes, he wanted to raise makina. He was proactive, always training with her. Always nice to her. From the beginning. Entirely. A completely different person who barely pondered anything in Michiru's route and instead ignored her, contributing to massive depression.

I don't see which problem are you having here, really... yeah, other girls would have needed Yuuji more than Michiru. Until Yuuji irresponsably kissed her and the delicate building she had completely crumbled. The amount of the disaster was so big that Michiru B, which alledgely had allways concealed her existance to other people, including Michiru's parents, decided to demand Yuuji to do something to resolve the mess he did.

My problem is that yuuji CONTRIBUTES to the problem. He's malicious. And it makes no sense at all. Yuuji had learned kindness and warmth by this point; He wasn't the guy who showed up to the school, he was someone who realized he might be allowed happiness. And he finally had a chance to pass on the favor his master showed him; He could help someone else. Yuuji isn't so dense to think Michiru's issues weren't serious; not the same guy in Makina/Amane's route. And Yuuji isn't so cold and dead that he would just completely throw someones feelings in their face.

The way it segways into Michiru's is indeed the catalyst of it all. You could say that her path is kind of set in stone, since she gets kissed and has no idea how to react to it. I didn't really think he was bad at the start; He stayed true to the motif that Michiru has to take the reins and be proactive about her own problems. But he crosses way too many things that just.. don't make sense. He says too many things that are uncharacteristic of him. Yuuji felt cold with way less personality and identity. I mean, this is all opinion. I can't really objectively proove beyond doubt. It's all going to be about how someone receives it; But, I don't know. I think it's a problem if the main issue of the route is that the protag happens to exist.

I just finished the first Rance game. Overall it was alright, I liked the whole TRPG thing that Sengoku Rance had going on a lot. Also his harem was sorta small in comparison. The game was short however, maybe the remake with new graphics will be more enjoyable. I'm gonna go play the second one now however, I really love this series.  :wub:

Read through what I could understand of the Senshinkan prologue, and it was beyond amazing. I have never seen something so epic in a VN, and to think that was just the prologue... Unfortunately, I can't get ITH working with it at all, and VNR has serious trouble with the long text (it takes text from the whole NVL textbox at each click, no matter how much of it appears, which results in it being too long for it to handle 95% of the time), so I won't be reading this until there's some sort of a fix. ;_;

It's so frustrating to have bad japanese and such epic things coming out, I really need to go crazy on the kanji or something. :D

Read through what I could understand of the Senshinkan prologue, and it was beyond amazing. I have never seen something so epic in a VN, and to think that was just the prologue... Unfortunately, I can't get ITH working with it at all, and VNR has serious trouble with the long text (it takes text from the whole NVL textbox at each click, no matter how much of it appears, which results in it being too long for it to handle 95% of the time), so I won't be reading this until there's some sort of a fix. ;_;

It's so frustrating to have bad japanese and such epic things coming out, I really need to go crazy on the kanji or something. :D

Try updating ITH, and try again. There is a update exe in the ITH folder.

Pretty sure VNR and ITH has a max limit on how many letters that can be captured at one time. 150 or 200 I think. There should be a setting somewhere to set that higher if that's the problem.

Try updating ITH, and try again. There is a update exe in the ITH folder.

Pretty sure VNR and ITH has a max limit on how many letters that can be captured at one time. 150 or 200 I think. There should be a setting somewhere to set that higher if that's the problem.

There is such settings, adjust the count slider on the left side menu -> options

Finally getting around to reading Ikinari Anata ni Koishiteiru. So far so good. No complaints really after finishing the first of the routes. However I do want to point out one thing. What in gods name is going on with Tane's right boob in one of those sprites! ?