What are you playing?

Started Hoshizora in the end. Still just in the beginning of the common route, but I'm really liking it so far.Sisters are finally portrayed like the demonic creatures they are (I sincerely hope she doesn't have a route D: ), the main plot seems interesting, the side characters are kind of nice so far, if a bit annoying at times - but what impressed me the most so far is the beautiful OST. The effects and such are quite impressive as well, though I'm playing KimiNozo on the side - and age is even more ridiculous with their effects. :D

Also, I remember someone saying there was no skip function in Hoshizora? I could've sworn I've seen an option for "Skip all read text automatically" in the options - or does that not work?

It works, you just got to finish the common route/your first route. If it's your first playthrough then, it wouldn't work. I had the same question when i was first playing it :/

Finally completed Eden*. Far overdue than I had initially planned. Overall the story was great, music was good and it has lots of great art. One thing I just couldn't stomach well is the characters and drama the way Minori displays it. Not sure how to describe it, but it's like the characters are being normal. Then suddenly they change their behavior into something dramatic speech or something just for the act of drama. It made the characters feel so empty and harder to connect to. It was the same with ef - a fairy tale of the two. I guess it's one of my pet peeves. I hindsight have decided to never touch another Minori title from now on... Other than that the VN was great.

My next novel will be (plus the ones I am already reading) Reminiscence or Tiny dungeon, I haven't decided yet.

Just finished Meiya's route in Muv-Luv Unlimited.  Much better than Extra.  Is it a good idea to get some of the other routes before moving on, or should I now have enough of an idea of what's going on to start up Alternative?

Doesn't take long to complete the other routes as well. So you might as well take 1 or 2 more. I'd reccommend it as you can see the different endings in that universe (they aren't that different though IRCC). You don't have to do it to though.

Just finished Meiya's route in Muv-Luv Unlimited.  Much better than Extra.  Is it a good idea to get some of the other routes before moving on, or should I now have enough of an idea of what's going on to start up Alternative?

As far as I remember nothing changes plot-wise, so if you have a girl you particularly like you can do her route, but other than that feel free to move on to Alternative.

The only difference between the "routes" is the heroine at the very end and in the epilogue (and a h-scene), and even then it's basically just changing the names.

There's a Yuuko route though >_>

I'll probably move on for now, then.  I primarily wanted Meiya's ending since she (or a reasonably close facsimile) was one of the required routes in Extra.  As long as I'm not missing anything that'll affect my enjoyment of Alternative, I'll save the other routes for those times I'm either between VNs or stuck in a particularly boring part of one.  

I've started Tsukihime and I've already remembered why F/SN's NVL was much harder to read than, say, Umineko's NVL - because in Umineko when a person is talking their sprite changes to a talking sprite, so even without doing "Battler said 'xxx'", it's obvious that Battler is the one talking because his sprite is the one with the open mouth. On the other hand in Tsukihime and I think in F/SN most of the sprites have closed mouths, so you need to pay extra attention just to figure out who is talking.

Just finished Kyonyuu Majo and I have very mixed feelings about it. The game has two possible storylines to follow and the first one has good writing with believable character development and a satisfying conclusion but the other storyline is shockingly awful with unresolved plot issues, a villain with no dimension what so ever, plot revelations that come way too late, and a conclusion that's just plain stupid  instead of satisfying :angry:

I'll probably move on for now, then.  I primarily wanted Meiya's ending since she (or a reasonably close facsimile) was one of the required routes in Extra.  As long as I'm not missing anything that'll affect my enjoyment of Alternative, I'll save the other routes for those times I'm either between VNs or stuck in a particularly boring part of one.  

Yuuko's route does contain important information that you won't find in the other routes. You're given the option to hear it again later in Alternative but I think going into Alternative with that information is better. It doesn't take very long.

Playing Harukoi Otome and am currently on Umi's route. There are some funny scenes but I'm honestly pretty bored so far as alot of the scenes I've come across are so padded and so cliche I'm mainly speed reading. I have just come across one particularly amusing thing though: drunken Yuika sounds exactly like Matsukaze (and yes I realize it's the same VA).

Playing Harukoi Otome and am currently on Umi's route. There are some funny scenes but I'm honestly pretty bored so far as alot of the scenes I've come across are so padded and so cliche I'm mainly speed reading. I have just come across one particularly amusing thing though: drunken Yuika sounds exactly like Matsukaze (and yes I realize it's the same VA).

Kisaya's route is the only one i liked in Harukoi tbh, her's is basically better than everyone elses.

Just started piece of wonder, looks really interesting for an older vn. Gameplay is alright too.

Just started Little Busters a few days ago, but took a break to play Banshee's Last Cry on iOS since it just came out. It's rather short and I ended up finishing the main story in about a day. If you've got an iphone, I'd say check it out. It's a pretty run-of-the-mill murder mystery plot, but it has a good sense of suspense, especially near the end of the bad routes. Plus it's free, so there's that. Beating the game unlocks a bunch of silly parody routes too that are definitely worth playing through. 

There's an entire route that turns into a mystery spy thriller. It's completely random but some good fun.

Done w/ Shuffle, what a delightful VN, at first I wasn't quite sure what to make of the BGM, but it grew on me, and it fits of the mood of the game quite well.  (I was particularly amused by the one that used the Westminster school chimes as part of the accompaniment.)  I didn't get as emotional during Shuffle as some of the other VNs I played (unless moe overload is an emotion), but that's okay with me...I don't insist that every game make me cry or anything.

For Valentine's  Day I most likely will go back and play Mirai no Kimi to Subete no Uta ni again.  Because it's very romantic and very first-personish.  Yes, I will bask in the illusory warmth of the artificial glow of Miku's love for as long as that brief VN lasts until it finally fades away, plunging me back into the cold of loneliness and the darkness of despair.  Or something like that.

In the meantime, maybe I'll go back to Kanojo x Kanojo x Kanojo for a while.  It's kind of like Shuffle on steroids--no, rather, aphrodisiacs.

Yeah Katawa Shoujo despite being an amateur game has a great OST.

I can say that it's the best ost i've heard for the time being.

It was also a necessity considering there was no voice acting so they had a pretty big hole to fill.