What are you playing?

The issue is exacerbated by the translation. They only bothered translating the Houzuki route with care and the translation in all of the other ones are questionable at best. I think actual machine translation was used. If not, it's as bad as that. Basically the TLWiki team that translated the first game only translated the Houzuki route in the fandisc then some anonymous 4channer slapped together some edited machine translation for the rest, calling it a complete patch. I'm surprised it's even on VNDB, to be honest.

The issue is exacerbated by the translation. They only bothered translating the Houzuki route with care and the translation in all of the other ones are questionable at best. I think actual machine translation was used. If not, it's as bad as that. Basically the TLWiki team that translated the first game only translated the Houzuki route in the fandisc then some anonymous 4channer slapped together some edited machine translation for the rest, calling it a complete patch. I'm surprised it's even on VNDB, to be honest.

No, specifically because they're just fanservice routes and not tied to the plot. He wasn't ever interested in them in the first place.

Well, his only real translation of note was Dra†KoI anyways. It seems unlikely that he'll ever translate another VN again unless it's really short.

Goddamn. I got sick of Wanko to Kurasou because it was giving me too many sex scenes. I wanted my adorable felines and feels story. What do I get?

You fucking them because they're currently in heat and that's the only way to subdue their heat besides medicine.

You should really read F/SN.

Oh my, that's a rare and unique kind of train wreck. Like, a chocolate train crashed into a house of waffles and sweet sirup is leaking everywhere. Let's see if I can continue looking at it or drown on the way through.

I will soon. I'm a fast reader.

NobleWorks

I really like the production quality of Yuzusoft VN's. The character's expressions change throughout their lines rather than line after line! And they actually have random characters drawn in the background CG's rather than having the world being totally deserted.

The art looks great. 

Just finished Killer Queen a while ago. Despite everything, I don't have any regrets in playing this visual novel.

Overall Spoilers

I feel as if Episode 2 did more justice to the visual novel (until it hit the ending), but that's probably because a lot of Episode 2's events were interesting due to the fact that we knew what happens in Episode 1. The shock of Sakumi and Karin's death early on was an interesting plot twist. And the three characters who we've never met in Episode 1 getting coverage in Episode 2 was good, especially with Hazuki. Man, he's actually a pretty cool guy despite him being the good-natured and protective adult. What really did it was when characters who we saw were either against or with one another in Episode 1 did the opposite in Episode 2. Seeing some less heated interactions from three of the antagonists of Episode 1 made them feel more human. I have to say that Tezuka's despicable nature didn't feel forced at all after Episode 2. Guy reminds me too much of a certain character from Virtue's Last Reward, with a fancy hat to boot. Not only is he definitely up to no good, but he's also accomplished the task of instilling distrust in everyone, which was definitely necessary in questioning the actions of others.

While the visual novel wasn't terrible at all, it didn't do enough to stand out from the others. Then again I think budget cuts there were budget cuts involved, which would explain the lack of character movement from most of the characters. Again, no regrets. I'll gladly wait for the translation of the remake or the prequel. ^^

Felt like a moege after Comyu, bought Da Capo II for Moe Day. It really does fulfill its purpose: the girls are cute. The humour isn't too bad either? And the option to have a system voice is much appreciated. Suginami makes everything over the top and I love it. Still on the common route, though. The number of choices and different types of choices is kinda amazing... to me, anyway (choices, location movements, choosing the time the character wakes up?)!

Felt like a moege after Comyu, bought Da Capo II for Moe Day. It really does fulfill its purpose: the girls are cute. The humour isn't too bad either? And the option to have a system voice is much appreciated. Suginami makes everything over the top and I love it. Still on the common route, though. The number of choices and different types of choices is kinda amazing... to me, anyway (choices, location movements, choosing the time the character wakes up?)!

Da Capo 2 may not necessarily be great but I liked it a decent amount. It was a pretty big improvement over the first one. It doesn't really have a "common route" and branches super early (on the very first choice, what to vote for your class festival activity), and even branches again later on down the line before reaching the heroine routes. And combined with all of the choices within each branch, it made for a LOT of scenes and you didn't see many repeats even when replaying it. The one thing about its structure I didn't like was that if you wanted to focus on a single heroine for each playthrough, you had to save and reload a lot when setting your wakeup time. 

Da Capo 2 may not necessarily be great but I liked it a decent amount. It was a pretty big improvement over the first one. It doesn't really have a "common route" and branches super early (on the very first choice, what to vote for your class festival activity), and even branches again later on down the line before reaching the heroine routes. And combined with all of the choices within each branch, it made for a LOT of scenes and you didn't see many repeats even when replaying it. The one thing about its structure I didn't like was that if you wanted to focus on a single heroine for each playthrough, you had to save and reload a lot when setting your wakeup time. 

I'm looking for a 'good' game instead of a 'great' game, anyway, but especially a cute game (I seriously missed romance-centric games reading through a lot of Comyu...). I actually... haven't played the first one. I get that there are connections there, but it didn't seem worth the reported quality...

True. I'm never certain what's on the common route, but it still feels like I could split between three routes still, so I call it the Common Route. I'll play through the puppet play routes except for Otome's and then move on to the Haunted House ones, probably (I picked puppet play randomly). I've already had to reload for wakeup time.... I'm apparently not good at random choices like that, who knew? But it sounds really good for replayability, so I'm looking forward to that!

Unfortunately my only good condition PC decided to call it quits on me so while I wait I am rereading Planetarian and then plan to check out Sunrider (installed and restoration patched it). Does anyone know if Sunrider is any good. It is free and on steam and might be playable on my backup PC (really old XP) so was curious if anyone tried it yet.

edit: just remembered I was on part 11 of Time Travelers on youtube so if no one knows anything about sunrider I might go back to that.

Unfortunately my only good condition PC decided to call it quits on me so while I wait I am rereading Planetarian and then plan to check out Sunrider (installed and restoration patched it). Does anyone know if Sunrider is any good. It is free and on steam and might be playable on my backup PC (really old XP) so was curious if anyone tried it yet.

edit: just remembered I was on part 11 of Time Travelers on youtube so if no one knows anything about sunrider I might go back to that.

I love Sunrider, but I have two warnings for you:

-The gameplay is really difficult. I even lost at the easiest difficulty (I suck at games). You can probably check out the forums and find a mod to patch them out, in case you abhor them.

-It's a three part game, and the second part was recently released. It may take 3,4 or 5 months for the final part to come out. In fact, the second part ended on a cliffhanger, so you might want to wait until it comes out.

I've decided that I wasn't jumping between VNs enough and went back to Kyonyuu Fantasy. I've finished Roxana's 'route' and Isis's... well, there's not much to say, really. Shamshel is still the best girl, the story still continues to exist, surprisingly enough, and the h-scenes continue to be kind of repetitive. I think I had enough of ridiculous breasts for quite a while again, so I'll give it a rest for some more time. :D

Other than that, I'm making good progress in Grisaia no Rakuen. If anything, the Grisaia series should get commended for the sheer amount of retcons they managed to stuff in, but they do make sense and it makes the story more enjoyable. It even made me like Michiru a little bit more, madness. I'm somewhere halfway through the story, looking forward to where the second half goes.

Even though I actually wanted to finish Ayakashibito first.. I couldn't resist starting Killer Queen and Danganronpa 2. Ayakashibito is just really long and I already took a break from it 5 times to read something else. It's a good read and when I start I'm enjoying it again, but it feels like it's a bit too long for what it wants to tell me. 

Just finished Killer Queen a while ago. Despite everything, I don't have any regrets in playing this visual novel.

While the visual novel wasn't terrible at all, it didn't do enough to stand out from the others. Then again I think budget cuts there were budget cuts involved, which would explain the lack of character movement from most of the characters. Again, no regrets. I'll gladly wait for the translation of the remake or the prequel. ^^

I'm at day 3 atm and I've been enjoying it too so far. Like you said it doesn't stand out that much but it's fun/exciting enough to keep you hooked!

Overall Spoilers

I feel as if Episode 2 did more justice to the visual novel (until it hit the ending), but that's probably because a lot of Episode 2's events were interesting due to the fact that we knew what happens in Episode 1. The shock of Sakumi and Karin's death early on was an interesting plot twist. And the three characters who we've never met in Episode 1 getting coverage in Episode 2 was good, especially with Hazuki. Man, he's actually a pretty cool guy despite him being the good-natured and protective adult. What really did it was when characters who we saw were either against or with one another in Episode 1 did the opposite in Episode 2. Seeing some less heated interactions from three of the antagonists of Episode 1 made them feel more human. I have to say that Tezuka's despicable nature didn't feel forced at all after Episode 2.

Guy reminds me too much of a certain character from Virtue's Last Reward, with a fancy hat to boot. Not only is he definitely up to no good, but he's also accomplished the task of instilling distrust in everyone, which was definitely necessary in questioning the actions of others.

Oh god I thought I was the only one that thought this! 

I agree with your statement overall.

(overall spoilers)

Well, I think that KQ stood out in one way: Sexual desires. I've not played a VN or a game, nor read a book about "people trapped in an enclosed space and forced to kill each other" where there was this much sex and fucked up stuff. It's very rare that child rape is even implied in media. Then there's also how Tezuka dies in EP2, which supports this.

My biggest regret is that Fumika never makes it out alive :( I really liked her and hoped for an h-scene with her- what we got instead was three bad Yuuki scenes. I got very sad when Fumika died in EP2, and this is supposedly an eroge, it should not've brought me to the verge of tears! Damn it, I want a third episode where Fumika makes it TwT

I got the twist a loooong time before the reveal in EP2 and it wasn't that good anyway.

In my opinion EP2 > EP1, but both had unsatisfactory endings. Also, as said before, Fumika dies each time </3

GOD DAMN IT WHY'D SHE HAVE TO DIE

Also, I really really really liked Nagisa's voice acting for some reason. I never wait for voiced lines to be delivered but Nagisa's (and to an extent, Fumika's) voice is beautiful IMO <3