What are you playing?

Good to know there's someone else who loves that plot archetype, I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one.  :D I've been waiting for KQ to come out since I found out it was going to be translated, and I stayed up and downloaded the patch within a minute of its announcement on Twitter. I'm only a couple hours in, but it's already looking really good. I know the translator said they didn't like it much, but if Secret Game really is that much better, then I'm going to be waiting for a masterpiece.

Also,

Didn't they show that corpse in the very beginning of the game? The one that got his head blown off by the collar? Because I was definitely caught off guard by that, even though we never learned the character's name.

( KQ spoilers, for the first day)

No. I'm talking about the girl that gets killed after the fireproof shutter separates your group in two in the first day.

Her name was Fumika, damn it, I liked her!.

I just started Killer Queen. 

Holy shit. I've not been this excited when reading a VN since Danganronpa (or DR2) or Steins; Gate. 

The "people being forced to kill each other in an enclosed space" plot archetype is my favorite type of plot: 999, Virtue's Last Reward, Danganronpa, Battle Royale, etc.

The game does not have any gorey CG and such, I have not even reached the first H-scene and I'm not even sure there are decisions, however, I found it to be quite suspenseful. My favorite girl just died around 30 minutes into the game. There's the obvious frail girl you protect, the airhead, that one guy that talks like an asshole and plants distrust in everyone and makes it clear that you can only trust yourself -He's a lot like Virtue's Last Reward's Dio in all aspects, including a fancy hat- and a few other people. 

Going to put Muv Luv Alternative on hold, because this will be one hell of a ride it seems. I think that this might get a 9/10 from me if it plays its cards right (this was officially the first Killer Queen pun made on the Western part of the internet) and we'll see where it goes. I'm just sad that there is no corpse CG's and the like at this point. Otherwise, this is proceeding very well, and given that it's probably borderline impossible for me to spoil myself on this game unlike DR2 I would say this game has quite a lot of promise. 

It also has a sequel, I think. Not translated yet of course, probably will be so in 2015-2016 in the earliest.

I really like that kind of thing too, might give it a try when I'm done with Otoboku.

Haha and you haven't yet seen the most adorable and cutest scene in the world. Brace yourself because what comes next is even better, imo.

If you are talking about when she is dressed as a maid or during their first date at the mall I saw those scenes and Lucia was absolutly the cutest during those two scenes

:)

I completely Dra Koi and those 2-3 hrs were well spent. It was indeed fast and kinda felt like a rollercoaster ride. It had many different elements in it - action, comedy, h-scenes romance, (romance)plot and a kinda philosophic view(it is a bit poetic). But it was pretty good and I enjoyed it fully. Now I won't look at the words romance and fantasy the same way again. The OST was great, though it's a pitty that there isn't a music replay option.

If you are talking about when she is dressed as a maid or during their first date at the mall I saw those scenes and Lucia was absolutly the cutest during those two scenes

:)

Yes ! I was talking about the famous mall scene huhu.

Started Symphonic Rain, it doesn't seems very original at a first glance but this italian atmosphere is really catchy, definitely a good point.

Kai makes every question chapter a lot better.

While it may be some chaotic mess at the start, being presented with a common starting point that ends with some bloody tragedy every chapter, it's shown to be interconnected in Kai.

Don't worry. The question arcs thrilled me. The answer arcs amazed me.

Haven't read Umineko though, so I might be biased.

It was still a good read.

Haven't gone through Matsuribayashi though. Data was lost. Going to reread first.

Read Umineko ASAP. Umineko has a very similar structure where the four question arcs all have the same start and end point. Except there is still an overarching plot arc on top of that with really satisfying character development and progression. It also made going through four variations of the same scenario easier to digest. 

Currently playing Grisaia no Kajitsu I've been playing it since it was first released and have taken long breaks in between each route since I'm enjoying it so much and like playing routes when I'm in the mood for them. I am halfway through amane's route at the moment and then just have makina's route to go.

Reading more Higurashi, and I'm really starting to dislike Keiichi. He's such a goddamn moron. I really dislike hot blooded characters who let their emotions control them to an extreme degree. It wasn't so bad in the first couple chapters when he was controlled by fear (although he was still really stupid) but he gets much worse in chapter 3. I hope he's okay again in chapter 4.

I especially dislike it when that hot bloodedness is left unpunished or even rewarded, but at least I know full well how there will be no happy endings in these first few chapters.

Reading more Higurashi, and I'm really starting to dislike Keiichi. He's such a goddamn moron. I really dislike hot blooded characters who let their emotions control them to an extreme degree. It wasn't so bad in the first couple chapters when he was controlled by fear (although he was still really stupid) but he gets much worse in chapter 3. I hope he's okay again in chapter 4.

I especially dislike it when that hot bloodedness is left unpunished or even rewarded, but at least I know full well how there will be no happy endings in these first few chapters.

Hot bloodedness? I'd rather call that going right-out batshit crazy. I loved that scene where he lost it. And his reasoning becomes sharp clear after that, although it's tainted by insanity.

Since most characters end up going insane at some point or another I wouldn't expect too much cool, rational thinking and emotion control out of Higurashi though.

(Chapter 4 is a bit special, you won't see much Keiichi)

Chapter 2 Keiichi is a whore, I loove Higurashi but well, its protagonist isn't really interesting, same stuff for Umineko. Battler & Keiichi have a personality of course but they mostly serves the purpose of self-insertion. It's one of the very few things I blame concerning the When They Cry series :( .

Chapter 2 Keiichi is a whore, I loove Higurashi but well, its protagonist isn't really interesting, same stuff for Umineko. Battler & Keiichi have a personality of course but they mostly serves the purpose of self-insertion. It's one of the very few things I blame concerning the When They Cry series :( .

Kana's route in Canvas 2 is possibly the worst story I've ever read, with one of the best endings I've ever read. 

It's like the guy responsible for Sakura Spirit wrote the route and the author from monster girl quest was in charge of the ending. A schizophrenic balance between garbage, beauty and "... huh, wait what just happend?". 

I don't think I like Canvas 2 (enough to force myself through every character). I might go for something else next.