What are you playing?

Just finished Hanako's route in Katawa Shoujo and I must say im kinda disapointed, it felt so short, and the ending, though sweet, lacked closure, unlike Lily's route, some folks suggested playing the Beta version of the game which include a couple different endings, one being a true ending with Hanako, which is said to be extremely good and satisfying, so Im gonna give it a try!

loved Hanako's ending, I thought the ambiguity worked great, after what that couple had managed to put each other through (by feeding each other's unhealthy habits to a scary degree) an ending full of good vibes and closure just wouldn't have worked for me. Keep in mind that I am heavily biased to liking Hanako best, though.

Currently going through Grisaia. Finished the Common Route, and now I'm at the end of Michiru's route.

I hope your body is ready for the incoming disappointment.  Seriously, it hits pretty hard.

If I don't finish Benio's route in Comyu by the end of this week, I'm going to cry.  I mean, I've been out of commission for a week, but geez, this is almost as bad as my Kajitsu doldrums.  I will finish this goddamn route if it's the last thing I do.

Finished Sumire's route. Cant say I'm satisfied, for various selfish reasons. (Spoiler ahead)

I really really really want to see how Ryuuji x Sumire would looks like. But first, the game betrayed me by saying they will play cupid for Sumire and Kitamura. Then, there's that time when they met at the planetarium, at this time, I really thought maybe the idea of Ryuuji and Sumire dating isn't impossible after all. And after this, I was greeted by an awesome CG of Sumire straddling Takasu, at this point, my hopes goes beyond infinity. But then, the game thoroughly breaks my heart by making Ryuuji 'a third-person' and made it a Sumire x Kitamura ending instead. And I cant find a decent CG of her for my sig. Ahh, what a tragic story </3

Well, time to read the actual Taiga's route I guess.

T-This sharp tongue!?

I'll be waiting for you. Reach the preggo CG, 'kay?

Isn't she lovely?

Wish me luck, comrade.

Finished Sumire's route. Cant say I'm satisfied, for various selfish reasons. (Spoiler ahead)

I really really really want to see how Ryuuji x Sumire would looks like. But first, the game betrayed me by saying they will play cupid for Sumire and Kitamura. Then, there's that time when they met at the planetarium, at this time, I really thought maybe the idea of Ryuuji and Sumire dating isn't impossible after all. And after this, I was greeted by an awesome CG of Sumire straddling Takasu, at this point, my hopes goes beyond infinity. But then, the game thoroughly breaks my heart by making Ryuuji 'a third-person' and made it a Sumire x Kitamura ending instead. And I cant find a decent CG of her for my sig. Ahh, what a tragic story </3

Well, time to read the actual Taiga's route I guess.

Isn't she lovely?

Wish me luck, comrade.

... Hoshimemo I found pretty grating though, not to mention the locked routes limiting choice.

Maybe that's the problem, is that I'm not immersed. I know it's a favorite on these forums, but most of the characters just aren't grabbing me, which is kind of what makes or breaks a common route in most cases. For example, I loved the infamous Grisaia common route because the characters were so fun, and they all played off each other so well. But I'm not laughing at 3/4 of what happens in this game, I'm just getting bored by it. So that's why it's taking so long.

Well, I have a thing for childhood friends and stargazing, so I'm biased.

Glad to hear that. Lucia's route is a good medicine after all.

aKe2I.gif

Thank you.

Oh, Dra+Koi is pretty cool. I had written a small post about it here.

Read the post and from 15mins I have played through it does seem pretty accurate. I do like the motion in cgs and OST seems to be good too. Now I atleast know that I won't be disappointed of my decision to play it.

The first h-scene came out of nowhere, I mean in one scene the guy is running away from a dragon-in-girl-form and in the next he is having sex with her ???

I just started Killer Queen. 

Holy shit. I've not been this excited when reading a VN since Danganronpa (or DR2) or Steins; Gate. 

The "people being forced to kill each other in an enclosed space" plot archetype is my favorite type of plot: 999, Virtue's Last Reward, Danganronpa, Battle Royale, etc.

The game does not have any gorey CG and such, I have not even reached the first H-scene and I'm not even sure there are decisions, however, I found it to be quite suspenseful. My favorite girl just died around 30 minutes into the game. There's the obvious frail girl you protect, the airhead, that one guy that talks like an asshole and plants distrust in everyone and makes it clear that you can only trust yourself -He's a lot like Virtue's Last Reward's Dio in all aspects, including a fancy hat- and a few other people. 

Going to put Muv Luv Alternative on hold, because this will be one hell of a ride it seems. I think that this might get a 9/10 from me if it plays its cards right (this was officially the first Killer Queen pun made on the Western part of the internet) and we'll see where it goes. I'm just sad that there is no corpse CG's and the like at this point. Otherwise, this is proceeding very well, and given that it's probably borderline impossible for me to spoil myself on this game unlike DR2 I would say this game has quite a lot of promise. 

It also has a sequel, I think. Not translated yet of course, probably will be so in 2015-2016 in the earliest.

I can do nothing but agree with you, I haven't completed it all yet but I really love her route :)

juste finished the Asahi haruka's mystery and it was really excellent it really reminded me of what I felt with higuarashi and umineko as expected of ryukishi07 who wrote this route ^^

Haha and you haven't yet seen the most adorable and cutest scene in the world. Brace yourself because what comes next is even better, imo.

I just started Killer Queen. 

Holy shit. I've not been this excited when reading a VN since Danganronpa (or DR2) or Steins; Gate. 

The "people being forced to kill each other in an enclosed space" plot archetype is my favorite type of plot: 999, Virtue's Last Reward, Danganronpa, Battle Royale, etc.

The game does not have any gorey CG and such, I have not even reached the first H-scene and I'm not even sure there are decisions, however, I found it to be quite suspenseful. My favorite girl just died around 30 minutes into the game. There's the obvious frail girl you protect, the airhead, that one guy that talks like an asshole and plants distrust in everyone and makes it clear that you can only trust yourself -He's a lot like Virtue's Last Reward's Dio in all aspects, including a fancy hat- and a few other people. 

Going to put Muv Luv Alternative on hold, because this will be one hell of a ride it seems. I think that this might get a 9/10 from me if it plays its cards right (this was officially the first Killer Queen pun made on the Western part of the internet) and we'll see where it goes. I'm just sad that there is no corpse CG's and the like at this point. Otherwise, this is proceeding very well, and given that it's probably borderline impossible for me to spoil myself on this game unlike DR2 I would say this game has quite a lot of promise. 

It also has a sequel, I think. Not translated yet of course, probably will be so in 2015-2016 in the earliest.

So, I think I'm about halfway through chapter 3 of Higurashi. One thing I'm definitely noticing is that there isn't really an overarching plot, like there was with Umineko. I really liked the "meta-world" stuff in Umineko, and the way they made four repeated stories feel like a journey that you're actually progressing through rather than a bunch of unconnected scenarios.

Is that going to change at any point? Maybe in Kai?

So, I think I'm about halfway through chapter 3 of Higurashi. One thing I'm definitely noticing is that there isn't really an overarching plot, like there was with Umineko. I really liked the "meta-world" stuff in Umineko, and the way they made four repeated stories feel like a journey that you're actually progressing through rather than a bunch of unconnected scenarios.

It will, but not nearly as much as in Umineko. The scenarios really explore the different ways the story can unfold going from the same starting point, I think it's rather different (and less pronounced) than Umineko on the 'meta-fictional' aspect.

just got to ch7 of ef - a fairy tale of the two... OMG... I DID NOT EXPECT THAT... WHATasfdsfadls'f;dskfz'lfjasl;f..... ...fwga whatttttttt

Wow... wow... wooww........

Geez... If you want your soul to be destroyed... play this... woww... did not expect those plot twists... came expecting a nice romance similar to WA2... did not get that.... woowwwww

I gotta say though, as shocking as it was, the story itself wasn't nearly great as I was expecting it to be, and the writing could have been better. if they made a latter tale a continuous story instead of the movement parts they did, which essentially broke the entire momentum of the story, it could have been much more enjoyable... and so much mood whiplash... and a lot of stuff...  :/ mixed about this one.

Good to know there's someone else who loves that plot archetype, I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one.  :D I've been waiting for KQ to come out since I found out it was going to be translated, and I stayed up and downloaded the patch within a minute of its announcement on Twitter. I'm only a couple hours in, but it's already looking really good. I know the translator said they didn't like it much, but if Secret Game really is that much better, then I'm going to be waiting for a masterpiece.

How do those VNs work? I was thinking of jumping right to Secret Game, since it just looks like a remake of Killer Queen, but is it really?