What are you playing?

So I finished Bishoujo Mangekyou - Wasurenagusa to Eien no Shoujo. It's a nukige with a semi-decent story.

I know, I almost couldn't believe it myself.

And now it's back to Dies irae, I guess. I've neglected it for far too long. I'm tempted to start Baldr Sky but I really should finish Dies first...

I respect the people here who can play hoshizora...i dropped hoshizora after 15 mins or so, becuz i couldnt stand chinami. she is so annoying and that sprite where u can see her armpits...*shivers* T__T

Oh and im playing utaware and this ying yang x change currently. Utaware is my first vn with gameplay i have always avoided vns with gameplay eventhough i really like to play them, im one of these people who die easily in rpgs, eventhoug i like them, im just a noob at them xD so i have a feeling it will take me some time to finish, more like becuz of the battles. currently on one, i didnt touched it since yesterday becuz i lost there 2x, maybe i try it later agaain. and i like how the protag is voiced, so cool~

I respect the people here who can play hoshizora...i dropped hoshizora after 15 mins or so, becuz i couldnt stand chinami. she is so annoying and that sprite where u can see her armpits...*shivers* T__T

Oh and im playing utaware and this ying yang x change currently. Utaware is my first vn with gameplay i have always avoided vns with gameplay eventhough i really like to play them, im one of these people who die easily in rpgs, eventhoug i like them, im just a noob at them xD so i have a feeling it will take me some time to finish, more like becuz of the battles. currently on one, i didnt touched it since yesterday becuz i lost there 2x, maybe i try it later agaain. and i like how the protag is voiced, so cool~

Chinami almost made me quit as well, but sticking through (and saving right after) it was a very worthwhile experience. It only covers some back-story, so you might as well skip it to get to the good part.

And Utawarerumono is still one of my favorite VN(-like) games.

ONII-CHAN ONII-CHAN ONIIII-CHAN!

Tbh it's one of those things that kinda bother you at first, and after hearing it 2354 times you just go along saying it with her.

I still haven't finished HoshiMemo though. But that's for different reasons.

Onii-chan Onii-chan Onii-chaaaan.

I'm an imouto lover but even that got on my nerves at first but the rest of the VN makes up for it really, you should attempt to get through it once. Besides Chinami only has major roles in the prologue which takes quite some time to finish, in the common route she's not as present (albeit for near the end) so her impact sort of fades within the plot. Just give it a try, it's great.

Chinami almost made me quit as well, but sticking through (and saving right after) it was a very worthwhile experience. It only covers some back-story, so you might as well skip it to get to the good part.

And Utawarerumono is still one of my favorite VN(-like) games.

Chinami's route was I one of the ONLY routes I've actually skipped through because I didn't like her, in any way shape or form.

Utawarerumono literally has my favorite character development in a visual novel(-like) game, and I'm very tempted to go through it again.

With the release of IkiKoi and me getting Toppara and Love of Ren'ai Koutei of LOVE from a friend's recommendation, I have a large plate before me.

Onii-chan Onii-chan Onii-chaaaan.

I'm an imouto lover but even that got on my nerves at first but the rest of the VN makes up for it really, you should attempt to get through it once. Besides Chinami only has major roles in the prologue which takes quite some time to finish, in the common route she's not as present (albeit for near the end) so her impact sort of fades within the plot. Just give it a try, it's great.

Well I initially hated her but after that I came to love her after I finished her route so I'd say Chinami isn't as bad as you think.

I agree with Jiharo in that Chinami wasn't all that bad. She's actually quite likeable when she's not hyperactive and the things she's an amazing friend for the people that can put up with her >.>

As for Utawarerumono, the gameplay for the first few levels was a little tough but after that it becomes a walk in the park. Make sure you're pulling off the combos by clicking at the right time and you'll be fine. Tiger Girl is Win.

Well I initially hated her but after that I came to love her after I finished her route so I'd say Chinami isn't as bad as you think.

I love Chinami, i even mentioned i'm an imouto lover, i was just saying for people that don't like her the novel overall gets really good and what they find annoying in her won't be as present as they think.

Chinami is still one of my top favorites from that novel~

I'm glad that here are also a few guys who find chinami annoying too xD

nooo not oniii-chaaan! ahhhhh. well it certainly doesnt seem to be bad (beside chinami for me) dunno if i ever replay it, but i keep it in my mind if i ever feel like playing, i try it again.

And yea, utaware is really great so far, the thing what makes me mostly curious is about the protags past. sooo cuuriouus~

So I just finished Muv Luv Extra and Unlimited and i'm incredibly disappointed. It was going really well, building up to an exciting climax, developing character relationships and still holding back a little information to keep to interested...and then it ended, as if their funding unexpectedly ran out.

Don't get me wrong though; I really enjoyed Muv Luv. It just could have been so much more...

Ugh...this feeling really sucks.

Also, how dare they remove my favorite character for Unlimited! 

Hopefully the Yuuko route answers some of my questions. I'm really annoyed about that pathetic excuse for an ending.

*Edit*: I've since discovered the Alternative is a direct sequel, which makes me feel a little better now that I know that wasn't really the end of everything. However, I still think Unlimited was unfinished and should have had more effort put into its endings.

So I just finished Muv Luv Extra and Unlimited and i'm incredibly disappointed. It was going really well, building up to an exciting climax, developing character relationships and still holding back a little information to keep to interested...and then it ended, as if their funding unexpectedly ran out.

Don't get me wrong though; I really enjoyed Muv Luv. It just could have been so much more...

Also, how dare they remove my favorite character for Unlimited! 

Hopefully the Yuuko route answers some of my questions. I'm really annoyed about that pathetic excuse for an ending.

Unlimited is just the "bad end" for Alternative. I liked the bittersweet ending, but it does feel like nothing happened. You should just go into Alternative now, the answers you're waiting for are there.

Yeah, I realized after I posted that. I had thought Alternative wasn't a direct sequel but a quick check with VNDB has cleared that up.

Now I have all this anger and no way to justify it =/

Also, I apologize for insulting the ending you enjoyed.

Well I guess you ranted about

Sumika getting removed from Unlimited. Basically Alternative is her route.

if it's any consolation, at least you won't have to wait 3 years to play Alternative, unlike the Japanese fans lol.