What are you playing?

Well I finally found a solution(of sorts).  No matter what I do, the monitor stretches things across the full screen, and even though NVidia Control Panel has a settings section specifically devoted to telling your PC how to display 4:3 ratio on a widescreen, VNs apparently aren't game enough for NVidia to do anything about them.

So I set my resolution to 720P, changed my background to a plain black field, and set my taskbar to auto-hide.  It isn't quite fullscreen, but the image is bigger and the distractions are mostly gone.  There.

Now off to play Fate/Stay Night.

Just read through the end of Umineko's 6th chapter.

Holy shit.

My head was boiling and I had a huge grin plastered on my face the whole time.

It's really impressive how much everything makes sense in that story since chapter 5 and 6.

Keep reading. Things get even more interesting till the end.

Umineko was probably the longest VN that I ever read, but it was well worth it. Epic.

After playing Umineko, you really start to look at Higurashi story from the different perspective though I have watched its anime adaptation.

I've finished Danganronpa! at first I didn't like the game much ( there was a lot of illogical points <_< ), but the game kept getting better until the end. though I've guessed the game's main twist, I didn't figure the identity of the mastermind. I think this writer is talented, I can see the second game develop into a much better experience.

Got around to finishing Gin'iro. I feel kind of stupid, not being able to follow some of the things the author presented. Still, the characters come across and I enjoyed it. Recommended for people who people who don't mind utsuge, want to see something different, and prefer the older "bishoujo" presentation/interaction style, as opposed to the modern version of "moe".

Making more progress in Reminiscence.... but wow, the attitude most of the characters take to the MC is really annoying. Things like these really make me mad easily, I honestly can't see myself getting anywhere close to Aki's route unless she dies at the end or something. God she's a hateful character. And the other seemingly nice characters treat Hidetaka like a piece of shit on every occasion they get too, ugh it's annoying. Is this VN for masochists or something? I guess I can safely say it's not my thing. :D

I will play it someday, that's for sure : P

I hear a lot about Komaeda, and about the game in general o_O

In any case, you seem to like Kyouko, eh?

Honestly, Nanami's pretty nice too, but I have my suspicions about her.

Uh, Clublion? Could you give me a review of Kira☆Kira? I'm not sure if I should play it or not.

Kira Kira is nice, has a genre shift from first part and second part though. Prepare for some srs sadness on a certain route, and be aware that there is an unlockable true route. Oh, and the translation is of debateable quality but you're unlikely to see anything better soon.

I don't really mind little mistakes in translations so it doesn't bother me :)

SanadaShadow I'm pretty new to this genre of games so i can't really tell if will be fun for you but i can just tell that i'm enjoying it :) just finished 1st chapter there is some nice humor in it laughed out loud at one point :D

You should try Rewrite sometime. Okay, so maybe I gave it a lower rating than four other games I've played, but it's my personal favorite. Especially because I always thought it was just going to be a "school days" genre. And then came what I like to call, the "Dark Day".

Honestly, its only flaw was that it took so long to kickstart the game. So many people quit before they even saw the Dark Day.

I keep hearing about Umineko.. I know it has an anime too. Is the VN better or the anime?

You HAVE to read the VN because the anime only adapts the first 4 chapters and a lot of things don't make sense until chapter 5/6.

The VN is probably slightly preferable over the anime anyway.

I keep hearing about Umineko.. I know it has an anime too. Is the VN better or the anime?

The anime is made by DEEN, don't come anywhere close to it if you want to keep your sanity. And even if you were to ignore how bad the adaptation is, the second half of the story isn't even adapted at all; so it's out of the question either way.

Try Danganronpa 2, if you can. Komaeda is my favorite character in the series.

Indirectly, that game made me get a job  <_< (To play it, I need a Vita, for a Vita, I need money...)

Honestly, Nanami's pretty nice too, but I have my suspicions about her.

Same here, especially that

I fear the best girl will appear to be the mastermind again, also on the LE box of DR2, she is in the middle, seperate from everyone else which leads me to thinking that she might be the mastermind...

:(20-super-danganronpa-2-sayonara-zetsubou

The anime is made by DEEN, don't come anywhere close to it if you want to keep your sanity. And even if you were to ignore how bad the adaptation is, the second half of the story isn't even adapted at all; so it's out of the question either way.

lol, this DEEN hate over here though! I vote Umineko Chiru by ufotable.

VN>anime, like already mentioned by.. eveyone I guess ^^; 

A few years ago you could've been turned away from this visual novel because of the art, some people really hated the visuals which made it unpleasant to read for them. But! now you can use the ps3 sprites you have no legit reason to not read it :D.

And really, watch the anime after finishing the VN, just for funs. Well for me it was really fun I guess, it was the first time I heard the voices! And you might not believe it but Ryukishi really watched closely when the anime was made. You could even try to solve mysteries by only watching the anime, Ryu tried to make it like that, but then again... the anime is still not really suited for that. The real umineko feel is gone, that was their big mistake.

VN. Definitely, infinitely VN.

You HAVE to read the VN because the anime only adapts the first 4 chapters and a lot of things don't make sense until chapter 5/6.

The VN is probably slightly preferable over the anime anyway.

lol, this DEEN hate over here though! I vote Umineko Chiru by ufotable.

VN>anime, like already mentioned by.. eveyone I guess ^^; 

A few years ago you could've been turned away from this visual novel because of the art, some people really hated the visuals which made it unpleasant to read for them. But! now you can use the ps3 sprites you have no legit reason to not read it :D.

VN wiiinnss!!!!  I have seen like 1-2 episode of the anime, and dropped it because I didn't understand what was happening and got bored I guess. I'll have to check the VN out some time since I keep hearing about it.  But I read somewhere that "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" is closely related to Umineko though...  I personally did not like the Higurashi no Naku Koro anime.. so does that mean I won't like Umineko either?

VN wiiinnss!!!!  I have seen like 1-2 episode of the anime, and dropped it because I didn't understand what was happening and got bored I guess. I'll have to check the VN out some time since I keep hearing about it.  But I read somewhere that "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" is closely related to Umineko though...  I personally did not like the Higurashi no Naku Koro anime.. so does that mean I won't like Umineko either?

While Umineko is a spiritual successor to Higurashi, they both go in very different directions. Higurashi is mainly about solving the mystery behind the murders, but Umineko shifts away from that to much more complex themes.

The Higurashi anime was alright, but I highly, highly, recommend the visual novel. It will keep you on the edge of your seat the entire time. The music, the story, the perfectly cued moments, it's all masterfully done. I've uploaded the first chapter (with updated PS2 graphics and voice acting) to my Mediafire account. So you can download it here.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nnwa666vtp3gpzg/When+They+Translate+-+Onikakushi-hen+%28PS2+Graphics+and+Voice+Patch%29.rar

There was a Higurashi voice patch? Huh, that's news to me... :o Is the whole thing done, or just Onikakushi-hen?

But I read somewhere that "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" is closely related to Umineko though...  I personally did not like the Higurashi no Naku Koro anime.. so does that mean I won't like Umineko either?

It's the same series and both take place in the same universe. Also a few characters and their backstories are related to Higurashi, but they have really different stories. It's not like you need Higurashi to understand or enjoy Umineko.

Higurashi is pretty easy to understand, while Umineko is like one of the most unique mystery novels I've heard of. It is pretty long but I have to say the ending is really fitting, so no disappointment there, atleast in my opinion.