China Bans Anime

solidbatman

Wait...you actually admitted to watching Boku no Pico?  xD

I mean, sure, the ending to Death Note was pretty shitty compared to the manga's ending, but banning it is a little extreme, no?

I love how hentai was apparently untouched, but they took out a lot of ecchi.  Gotta love that logic.

These are two separate issues, actually - I think China is just ultra-sensitive to skulls/skeletons in-general.  The graphical depictions/violence is probably a notable reasoning (even if I don't agree with it being banned) but it's different from something like an undead issue in World of Warcraft.

Awesome. A post commie state that simply declared war on peaceful harmless nation, occupated it, killed tens of thousands of its citizens and destroyed great deal of their cultural treasure is suddenly sensitive to violence.

Typical china being full of bullshit. I mean cmon, they banned battlefield 4 for depicting them as the bad guys, when in fact the antagonists were third party made out of manipulated military personnel and an insane chinese military branch commander.

Their government is filled with incredibly ignorant old men who dont know shit about modern society and culture.

• 4 weeks later...

"Crimes against public morality"..... ummmm China? If you really cared about public morality you could also stop harvesting organs from the wrongfully imprisoned.....

Also, where the hell is Hellsing Ultimate (which has

dead body rape, baby being eaten, and child anal rape

) and Astarotte's Toy (which focuses

on trying to get a child to suck off a young adult who in turn impregnated her mum at the age of thirteen and tries to pass it off as heartwarming and whimsical 

) and no that second one is not hentai.

My point being China should just ban all anime in general if they are going to be this anal about it, there is no way they are going to be able to cherry pick all the "acceptable" anime from the gigantic pile.