Blog entries are not visible for long enough during busy days.

The point of this is to ask what the people want. 

Sure, some people may support the greater emphasis on the blog.  I personally don't if it means the removal of the birthday widget.  

Hopefully we can reach a solution where everything works. 

Should we promote and highlight quality content creation or purposeless chatter?  To me the answer is fairly obvious, especially considering the real estate consumed by the two features is about the same.  The birthday feature serves no purpose other than fueling a massive spam farm.  Congratulating someone on a birthday doesn't show sincere consideration if you have to be reminded to do it by an automated tracker that has been thrust in your face.  Any result from that is simply the illusion of thoughtful consideration.

Should we promote and highlight quality content creation or purposeless chatter?  To me the answer is fairly obvious, especially considering the real estate consumed by the two features is about the same.  The birthday feature serves no purpose other than fueling a massive spam farm.  Congratulating someone on a birthday doesn't show sincere consideration if you have to be reminded to do it by an automated tracker that has been thrust in your face.  Any result from that is simply the illusion of thoughtful consideration.

Once again, you're free to have that view but don't take it as everyone else's. 

If Rose is reading this, maybe consider including birthdays of active members on the recognition blog. That way you get more than an impersonal list for people active in the community, you get a couple of sentences on their experiences over the past year and their wishes for the new one - an end and a new beginning so to speak. It will also be a way for the Fuwanovel community to get to know each other a little better. Also if birthdays are truly special occasions, special enough to be recognised, then maybe making them fabulous for a day is appropriate. Giving them a small spotlight on the recognition blog might fit Fuwa's welcoming atmosphere .

You can make it a weekly thing, making a post every Sunday or something. Have balloons, a picture of a cake (which nobody gets to eat) and other goodies. Here's an example of what you can write for each member:

Tay - Tay spent much of his past year schmoozing with many localisers and developers, finally managing to establish iron-clad and nefarious ties with Big Eroge. With this nefarious mission now achieved and having spent so much time networking, he looks forward to a relaxing year ahead doing little more than cackling over a bubbling cauldron and gathering shady spell ingredients. Happy 61st birthday Tay, may you experience many more birthdays to come.

And then maybe some streamers and confetti… 

This way you get more content for your blog, and celebrating birthdays becomes a little more meaningful on Fuwa. 

Can't hide the birthday's now. Would rather have it on the side bar so I can hide it.

You can easily hide the birthday box from view. It’s called “don’t scroll down that far Lewy!” 

If you take my advice I do believe you'll find your problem has disappeared ;). No need to thank me though, just airmail me some chocolate, or pizza, or burgers...

You can easily hide the birthday box from view. It’s called “don’t scroll down that far Lewy!” 

If you take my advice I do believe you'll find your problem has disappeared ;). No need to thank me though, just airmail me some chocolate, or pizza, or burgers...

I guess the more important forums are higher up anyway ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Incidentally, my blog post got like 30-40 additional views yesterday after the change went into effect, and only received around 10 views the previous day. So I reckon this definitely had a positive impact on blog views. The view counts still aren't mindblowing or anything but every little bit helps 

Your Fall Out 4 blog thingy is up to like 9.5k views now. Bug suspicions aside, definitely a positive impact huh :P