Spring 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Finally subs are out for Mikagura Gakuen.

It's everything I expected and more. 

My inner fangirl is roaring.

All the yuriness, the fun setting and comedy and the music. 

I don't even care if the production value isn't the highest, it's just so cute to watch.

This is likely to be my favorite anime of the season just because I'm biased as hell.

Hnnngh Gintama<3

Hilarious as usual, it feels so great to finally have a new season. I just hope this won't be some measly 1/2 cour and that they actually extend it for a bit.

Episode one aired, already ranked 9th on MAL's top anime list :makina:

Hail the best anime of all time.

Also its now ranked 1st on MAL.

Hail the best anime of all time.

Also its now ranked 1st on MAL.

This is why that list sucks at the beginning of every new season  :D Fanboys and hype. Nothing wrong against Gintama. But it isn't the best anime ever. But it should drop of in a few weeks. 2.5k votes to FMA:B 276k votes at the moment.

Probably picking up Ore Monogatari on my watchlist too. I am very pleased at the moment of my choices this season. OreGairu first episode was good too. I liked the new art and the anime gave me a pleasant feeling again. 

Finally got around to watching the other stuff I wanted to this season (Plastic Memories and Hibike)

Plastic Memories looks really good so far, the first episode is similar to Psycho-Pass' first episode, and that turned out to be a pretty good series (the first one at least, I haven't seen S2 yet but apparently it's not as good). Really giving off a strong Blade Runner vibe, maybe, just maybe, it's got something to do with the limited-lifespan artificial humans... Hopefully they have a good plot in store. Also the art is nice and the jokes are funny.

Hopefully they've come up with interesting reasons for why their lifespans have to be limited and why you can't just transfer the memories to a new body, and don't just explain it away with "technical limitations" because that'd just be boring.

Hibike is KyoAni, I'd be surprised if every girl didn't look like an adorable moeblob. Also what's up with all the classical music anime all of a sudden? Not that I particularly mind.

Denpa Kyoushi seems like a modern Onizuka. Senseis abilities seemed a bit overpowered and fighting bullying with bullying doesn´t look right, but overall the first episode was entertaining enough. I also need to watch it because of his voice actor.

Plastic Memories has to give us some explaining. Cheap "They have to die because we need a tearchoker for our show" is not enough, I want to see a good reason for that limited timespan. There´s also the question why the consent they try to get within the last few days wasn´t simply included in the original purchase-contract. That clumsy heroine though totally makes me want to see more.

Nagato Yuki. Well, it´s another universe than the original Haruhi, so don´t expect a continuation of it. It´s Yukis own cute slice of life romcom and I like it :D!

Not sure what Gainax is trying to do with Houkago no Pleiades.

Cute magical girls helping a slime blob fix his spaceship doesn't seem like the greatest of plots.

It's bringing back the horrible memories of Sora no Method... please don't be another Sora no Method..

Also random CGI characters during the important scenes, wut.

Kind of started on the wrong foot with this, but will keep watching since I'm a completionist, it might turn out good in the end.

At the very least it's colorful, I like colorful things.

I absolutely love Gintama, it's on my top 10 favorite anime of all time, but I feel like the Gintama fanbase on MAL is kind of annoying when they do things like this :P

I mean, I also rated the earlier Gintama seasons with 10/10, but rating something that's only aired ONE episode with a 10/10 is quite the stretch. Even if I have 0 doubts I'm going to love this season just like the last ones.

Ah who am I kidding, 10/10 or go home :Kappa:

Is it okay for newcomers to jump in on GitS Arise: AC immediately or does anyone here strongly recommend me to watch the original Ghost in the Shell first? 

It isn't really required but I nonetheless strongly advise you to watch the original Ghost in the Shell movie.

Arise is good but it's still the weaker entry in a brilliant license, so top that off with all of GitS: SAC too.

Being the only person who hasn't watched Gintama feels pretty damn awkward right now. Well it's about time that I got around to watching it. But then again it's 200 episodes   :vinty:

Not sure what Gainax is trying to do with Houkago no Pleiades.

Cute magical girls helping a slime blob fix his spaceship doesn't seem like the greatest of plots.

It's bringing back the horrible memories of Sora no Method... please don't be another Sora no Method..

Also random CGI characters during the important scenes, wut.

Kind of started on the wrong foot with this, but will keep watching since I'm a completionist, it might turn out good in the end.

At the very least it's colorful, I like colorful things.

I do like Gainax stuff in general(mainly referencing to Gurren Lagann and FLCL here, both of which are my favourites), I checked up on Houkago no Pleiades.

They had released 4 short episodes of Houkago no Pleiades before, and this is supposedly an adaption of that into a complete season. I did watch does 4 episodes and while not much impressive they did have a good atmosphere and lots of potential.

And as you said it's colourful   :kosame:

I suspect Punchline is going to be about as subtle as the pun in its title, indeed.

You guys call me back when Uchikoshi pulls the TWISTS, I'm tired of raunchy stuff and this one a bit too dull so far. At least stuff like Daimidaler is funny and has robots.

punchline, its not often i dont make it to the end of a first episode but this one made me skip half of the first episode.

But i will admit it does look nice, call me when it becomes shligtly less stupid.

etotama, is like a hyper active kitten.

Annoying as hell, but kind of cute.

Not my style so far but i will give it a second episode i think.

Got done with Ep.1 of Highschool DxD Born and Kekkai Sensen.

Reminiscent of Darker than Black a weird portal to another world opens up and eldritch horrors start appearing, wrecking havoc every once in a while, but for the most part humanity is managing to co-exist with these creatures in New York. Honestly, there's a lot going on at screen at once which makes it bit hard to follow along with. The blood powers are nothing new at this point. I was a bit hyped for the show for some reason, but so far it looks pretty predictable. Gonna ride it out for a few more episodes.

Highschool DxD Born offers more voluptuous breasts, all in its uncensored glory, for the viewers. Gonna have to agree with Issei cause I don't see why he's so fixated on Yuma considering he has a decent harem right about now, just let it go man. Potential conflict with Koneko in the horizon and some more training for Issei and friends, things seem to off to a good start.

Highschool DxD Born offers more voluptuous breasts, all in its uncensored glory, for the viewers. Gonna have to agree with Issei cause I don't see why he's so fixated on Yuma considering he has a decent harem right about now, just let it go man. Potential conflict with Koneko in the horizon and some more training for Issei and friends, things seem to off to a good start.

I don't know, have you ever been killed by your first romantic partner before?  Even if you were stabbed, its sure to leave a trauma or two.

Punch Line is so stupidly humorous.  I love it.  The puerile abandonment of any and all seriousness to the show is absolutely lovely.  My first thoughts were something along the lines of "Is this gonna be another FLCL?".  I don't really mind that, but I can't get over how little shits this show actually gives.  MAPPA has once again made something wonderful so far, and I was laughing the entire time.  It has the cheap obvious bullshit plot device you would expect, what appear to be three different factions, and the stupid main character.  Everything about the show oozes genre parody material, and I want more. 

8568993f8b.png

da4b464974.png

fa0717d7d0.png

This show, just yes.  :wahaha:

Punchline is on Crunchyroll. If you can't access Crunchyroll (and I think you can't considering your country, but you can check), you should know that we can't post links to illegal downloads or streaming here. I suggest trying this google site it's pretty rad.

Punchline is on Crunchyroll. If you can't access Crunchyroll (and I think you can't considering your country, but you can check), you should know that we can't post links to illegal downloads or streaming here. I suggest trying this google site it's pretty rad.

Didn't know streaming was a no-go, sorry

By the way, does the first episode start 

with a bunch of guys hijacking a bus and a yellow motorbike?