If there is one VN you could remove from memory and play again

If there was one VN you could remove from memory and play again as to experience it again for the first time in your life, what would it be?

What if we reduce those powers, what if it is only strong enough to reset one route you have played......which route would it be?

sry cliche question

GREAT TOPIC!! if only we could...

It would defientely be Clannad. That VN was so amazing and emotional, from the story development to the Music to each amazing route. Absolutely the best EVER.

As for 1 route, After Story without question. SOOOOO good. I wish I could go back and read that for the first time again. Amazing!

Er, I'm not sure. One of my two favorites I guess, Kara no Shoujo or Tsukihime... Probably the latter.

But i'd also like to be able to rediscover Kagetsu Tohya, I didn't try to replay it yet but I think it has low replay value, and it was really a blast of fun playing through it the first time.

Fate Stay Night

I have played the VN with some quite knowledge because of the anime and the movie but it's still great. But this time, i would like to play it without having any knowledge and experience that exhilarating and sensational feeling again.

For one route, Heaven's feel FTMFW

I would say Little Busters!. I accidentally spoiled myself the Secrets of the World, several character routes, and what happens in Refrain by reading wikipedia back when the english patch only translated the common route (I think?). I was little (around 13?) back then so please don't bash me OTL// I'm not too upset with spoiling myself as Refrain hit me hard.

Rewrite would be my second choice as I spoiled random things like who Kotori really is and Lucia's haunting ability when it was released as I didn't expect the translation to be out this fast. But unlike LB!, I didn't know any spoilers from Shizuru, major part of Chihaya, Akane, and most importantly Moon and Terra routes. (although I had an idea what was going to happen as I saw the cgs)

It's too hard to choose which route to read >//< (Edit) Actually, Probably a route from Hoshimemo... probably ***'s since I feel like I didn't appreciate the vn as much as I should.

If it was a whole VN, it would be Katawa Shoujo, I loved that one so much, and it would be amazing to re-read it with it being fresh and new again,

one route....hmm...that one is tougher though, probably Ellis' route from Canvas 2, it was in almost every way just your standard, too cliche little sister route, but something about the Ellis character really made me like her.

Haha, I was actually Diabetus' let's play of Metroid Fusion and, in one of the episodes, he and Beef talk about which games they would erase from their memories so that they could reexperience them. Ended up thinking about the same thing.

If I had to pick a VN, it would be either Umineko, Sharin no Kuni, or Fate/Stay Night. Holy shit, I would so love to get all those feels again.

Hmm if I had to pick one I would hope I could redo all of Higurashi and Kai (kind of need to forget both to enjoy it a second time hahaha). For over all first read impact that was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Now I find it boring whenever I try to reread them and it's been years :/ Tsukihime and Ever17 are worth consideration as well.

If I had to choose one route, it would be Unlimited Blade Works in F/SN. Not trying to be an infidel but it was the only route I enjoyed in the VN, it was all sorts of awesome. Sorry F/SN fans.

To be honest, most VN's are best on the first playthrough, though others reveal new aspects on second playthroughs and remain interesting or are emotionally powerful precisely because you've played them before... I wouldn't be surprised if a good number of people here wouldn't be happy to replay all their games from the beginning if they were allowed to forget the content.

• 2 weeks later...

Rewrite since that's the only VN that I completely finished (Technically I still haven't gone back for the Oppai Ending but that's irrelevant). I absolutely loved practically everything about it.... I can't tell you how many moments I had where I basically went "If that's the case, then... OH SHIT! THAT'S WHY THAT HAPPENED!"

If it was an individual route, its gotta be Hanako's route in Katawa Shoujo. The feels man the feels... T.T

I had a similar thought about anime and my answer to that question is Clannad and After Story. I want to cry like I did the first time I watched them.