New years Eve

Onlineglax

So here I am at 10:20 PM on New Years eve sitting at my computer and playing some games. 

This is not exactly how I imagine most people spend their New Years eve and I got curious.

How are you all spending you night? 

Yes as I have said I'm spending my night in front of my computer playing games I like,

but I am doing something that I like and I am most pleased with not having to go to some party, which I wouldn't even like being at. (to be honest there's no one I know, whos having a party), but that doesn't change the fact that I wouldn't be happier there than I am here.

I have also been wondering something these days. Why do we even celebrate New Year? Isn't it just celebrating a number in our calenders going up by 1?

Oh well, but I'm just rambling at this point.

Happy new year everyone.

I hope you'll have a great time doing something you like :)

Edit: Ooooooh. Also feel free to tell me any new years resolutions that you are making for the new year ;)

Edit 2: Oooooooooh again. Also feel free to tell us your best moment of the year. For me it would probably be the 24th of May, while watching the Champions League final in football (soccer) as I was on the brink of tears, but it all ended with the team I support winning :)

I made osechi (including the prawns) and I'm picking at it while sipping rum heated on a hotplate with a little bit of dark chocolate melted into it and working on a few small projects and playing Nekopara.  I also made pizza (from scratch) with pancetta instead of pepperoni and shiitake mushrooms with green olives. 

I plan to down the last of the bottle of rum at the stroke of midnight in one big gulp.

I don't believe in New Years resolutions.

I made osechi (including the prawns) and I'm picking at it while sipping rum heated on a hotplate with a little bit of dark chocolate melted into it and working on a few small projects and playing Nekopara.  I also made pizza (from scratch) with pancetta instead of pepperoni and shiitake mushrooms with green olives. 

I plan to down the last of the bottle of rum at the stroke of midnight in one big gulp.

I made osechi (including the prawns) and I'm picking at it while sipping rum heated on a hotplate with a little bit of dark chocolate melted into it and working on a few small projects and playing Nekopara. I also made pizza (from scratch) with pancetta instead of pepperoni and shiitake mushrooms with green olives.

I still have 6-7 hours to go. Shit, I have to apply to my last round of colleges before Jan 2nd. Aside from that tedious task, I'll regardless spend New Years in front of a screen. I'll either be writing while listening to piano compositions by Erik Satie and Debussy, or watching an anime or a movie. 

Had a "party" (if you can call a gathering of a bunch of adults discussing fishing boats a party, that is) with some of my relatives. Now checking Fuwa's and another anime forum. Waiting for the new year to come, with 15 minutes left at my place.

To answer your question, check out this article. Forgive my laziness, for this year I have no will left to read.

Resolutions? Good question. I'm planning to learn all the Jouyou kanji by the end of it, finish this school with satisfying marks, find a job during to make some money to spend for myself. Maybe finding a girlfriend? We'll see how it goes.

Best moment as in "the most memorable one" or "the most pleasant one"?

I've had a school trip on a boat this year. It took as about a week and on one night I had to stay awake during the night to make sure the wind wouldn't carry the boat away. It was quite a strong wind that night, but the sky was clear and really beautiful. I have a feeling it was a full moon that night, but I may be wrong (maybe I just wish it was?). That was one memorable moment. It was quite cold though, so I can't say it was that pleasant. But the scenery was wonderful, that's for sure.

The most pleasant one was (probably) the moment I've finished reading G-Senjou no Maou. At least that's the first thing that pops in my mind. I remember it made quite an impact on me. A pleasant kind of one. A really pleasant kind of one.

W-Wait, this is a thing? I'll be encased in a cocoon of blankets in front of my TV for New Year's. There's chicken in the oven and apple cider in the fridge, but apart from that it'll just be another night. I'm not big on fireworks ever since that time when I almost blew my finger off...

As for resolutions, it's probably better to keep my expectations low since I have a bad habit of not keeping them. Maybe exercise more or finally get serious about learning Japanese. The most memorable event of the year for me was getting my wisdom teeth extracted a couple of months ago. Being on a liquid diet is not as fun as it sounds.

1.jpg

Had a "party" (if you can call a gathering of a bunch of adults discussing fishing boats a party, that is) with some of my relatives. Now checking Fuwa's and another anime forum. Waiting for the new year to come, with 15 minutes left at my place.

To answer your question, check out this article. Forgive my laziness, for this year I have no will left to read.

Resolutions? Good question. I'm planning to learn all the Jouyou kanji by the end of it, finish this school with satisfying marks, find a job during to make some money to spend for myself. Maybe finding a girlfriend? We'll see how it goes.

Best moment as in "the most memorable one" or "the most pleasant one"?

I've had a school trip on a boat this year. It took as about a week and on one night I had to stay awake during the night to make sure the wind wouldn't carry the boat away. It was quite a strong wind that night, but the sky was clear and really beautiful. I have a feeling it was a full moon that night, but I may be wrong (maybe I just wish it was?). That was one memorable moment. It was quite cold though, so I can't say it was that pleasant. But the scenery was wonderful, that's for sure.

The most pleasant one was (probably) the moment I've finished reading G-Senjou no Maou. At least that's the first thing that pops in my mind. I remember it made quite an impact on me. A pleasant kind of one. A really pleasant kind of one.

Best moment of the year would probably hear that the jesus christ of soul D'angelo was gonna be surprise dropping a new nu-soul masterpiece this month after 14 years of more or less being silent since his last masterwork.

And yes, it turned out to be everything I could have wanted from him. 5/5 album of the year.

Sorry, I haven't done anything memorable this year I'm afraid.

Yooooo

How's Nekopara? A friend of mine who is obsessed over catgirls bought it but he's upset since it turned out to be the all-ages version haha.

I'm spending my new years eve on the internet as well. I already spent way too much time with my family this vacation  <_<