What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Watched all of Teekyuu..

Imagine the cast of Milky Homes taking all those really heavy drugs.

Then give them tennis rackets and balls and you've got yourself Teekyuu.

The epitome of retardation.

I regret nothing.

Now i just need Ren to watch it.

Teekyu is like watching a 12min anime, crammed into 4min, with no content lost because everything is so cracked out. Ren needs to watch it.

Just finished Otorimonogatari a while ago.

...Is this really supposed to come before Onimonogatari?

Well, in airing sequence, that is.

The idea of Sengoku Nadeko becoming a god, and having a final battle against Koyomi's gang excites me to bits. Only to be shoved into the Shinobu Time arc, which completely disregards that 'episode preview' that Nadeko-chan did. Unless that's actually a preview of the next arc in the timeline, which I assume to be Koimonogatari. I'm excited.

Hanamonogatari is chronologically the last chapter in the monogatari series. I know that's confusing as hell but that's just how it is. Also, we're still waiting for the Kizumonogatari film which is chronologically the first part of the series as well. Hue.

Season 2 is now finished and the first novel of the 3rd season, Tsukimonogatari will be airing as a 4-episode marathon on december 31. Ah, hype!

Second season novels: Nekomonogatari (White) -> Kabukimonogatari -> Hanamonogatari -> Otorimonogatari -> Onimonogatari -> Koimonogatari

Second season anime: Nekomonogatari (White) -> Kabukimonogatari -> Otorimonogatari -> Onimonogatari -> Koimonogatari -> Hanamonogatari

I think shaft did this because of the huge cliffhanger at the end of Koimonogatari being completely undone by Hanamonogatari being chronologically the last monogatari episode.

To answer your question though: the timeline is a bit iffy. A lot of things are actually happening at the same time which means that we jump back in time a bit which each new arc. Don't worry, it all wraps up nicely in the end.

Monogatari has some of the best writing I've seen in an anime (I love the overarching plot so much) but it can be confusing at times  :lol:

Here, have a consolation prize:

35a2l2e.jpg

Dun worry bby. I enjoy that part of Monogatari.

I know of the novel sequence and the airing sequence, but I wondered about the significance of that episode preview by Nadeko-chan. Guess I'll wait for Koimonogatari.

I do love the series as well.

I was asking about the timeline itself. There is obviously a chronological order of events in their world, since there are dates and stuff. The appeal is that it doesn't present those events in that manner. Rather, they present it in an order that would clear things up instead of confusing the audience more.

But yeah. I do love the series.

I'm anticipating Tsukimonogatari and Kizumonogatari as well.

Just finished Otorimonogatari a while ago.

...Is this really supposed to come before Onimonogatari?

Well, in airing sequence, that is.

The idea of Sengoku Nadeko becoming a god, and having a final battle against Koyomi's gang excites me to bits. Only to be shoved into the Shinobu Time arc, which completely disregards that 'episode preview' that Nadeko-chan did. Unless that's actually a preview of the next arc in the timeline, which I assume to be Koimonogatari. I'm excited.

Yeah the chronological events are not in order of which they happened

Here's the chronological order:

Nekomonogatari: Shiro = Onimonogatari  (they are happening at the same exact time, hence why Koyomi is not in the first arc)

Kabukimonogatari

Otorimonogatari

Koimonogatari

Hanamonogatari

The airing order was 

Nekomonogatari: Shiro

Kabukimonogatari

Otorimonogatari

Onimonogatari

Koimonogatari

Hanamonogatari

Otorimonogatari is continued in Koimonogatari albeit Koimonogatari shifts focus to other characters.

They decided to put Onimonogatari there in the middle because it's cool I guess? It's also one of the best arcs where the feels will be real. Also Shinobu best girl in it :heart:

Wait wait wait wait wait.

I think you're getting something wrong with Nekomonogatari Shiro = Onimonogatari.

Nekomonogatari Shiro happens right before Kabukimonogatari, yes?

In that regard, Onimonogatari cannot happen before Kabukimonogatari.

The date stated in Kabukimonogatari is August 20. (Or was it 21?)

In that arc, Koyomi and Shinobu went back in time, yes?

After that, they returned to their actual world. In the same day. August 20.

That means Onimonogatari happened after the events of Kabukimonogatari, which negates Nekomonogatari Shiro = Onimonogatari.

I'm currently at Episode 4 of Onimonogatari, where the date is August 23.

It doesn't coincide with the events of Nekomonogatari Shiro.

I think you're referring to the Shinobu Mail arc. If I'm remembering correctly, that's the arc that explains where Koyomi was in Nekomonogatari Shiro.

But Hanamonogatari is actually after Koimonogatari?

Huh. I thought it was somewhere between Onimonogatari and Otorimonogatari.

I mean, August to October? That seems like a big timeskip.

Oh nevermind I switched them up.

Kabukimonogatari is the one that happens simultaneously with Nekomonogatari:Shiro

(since they went back in time Koyomi was nowhere to be seen)

My bad.

I was also confused by this description on MAL which is incorrect.

Onimonogatari

This novel happens at the same time with Nekomonogatari Shiro; On the first day of the new semester, Araragi meets Hachikuji, Yotsugi, then suddenly a mysterious black thing appears and attack them. They escaped, hide, and hear Shinobu tells about her past, since she has encountered that black thing once, and it's inescapable, unless...

Onimonogatari happens before Otorimonogatari I think, i'm almost 100% sure although it's hard to confirm, I don't pay attention to dates.

It's not actually relevant which one happens before or after in this case though since they're completely unrelated.

You don't really need to be concerned about the order of events, they're pretty obvious once you've finished the whole thing.

Hanamonogatari happens after Koyomi and Senjougahara graduated from highschool.

I finished it. God damn that last episode though. The drama is real.

Opinions on the second half? I love how the anime literally takes every bit of happiness out of itself, and iirc, it doesn't have anything happy at all until the very end.

I love the anime because it hits me personally, since I've gone through a house fire that resulted in family members' deaths. And then Shuu and Shuri's story was nice too. The anime wasn't afraid to touch on "forbidden" subjects/themes, which also impresses me. I want to go on, but I've covered so much already, just vaguely xD

I recommend it out to people, just wish the crappy first half didn't exist, or at least wasn't so bad.

Opinions on the second half? I love how the anime literally takes every bit of happiness out of itself, and iirc, it doesn't have anything happy at all until the very end.

I love the anime because it hits me personally, since I've gone through a house fire that resulted in family members' deaths. And then Shuu and Shuri's story was nice too. The anime wasn't afraid to touch on "forbidden" subjects/themes, which also impresses me. I want to go on, but I've covered so much already, just vaguely xD

I recommend it out to people, just wish the crappy first half didn't exist, or at least wasn't so bad.

I feel the anime takes itself a bit too seriously at times. I also thought the old lady plotline was kinda silly. Nevertheless, the way they presented the conflict was pretty impressive and slightly heart wrenching so I have to commend them on that front. I didn't expect it to be a tearjerker like Clannad: After Story for example (god, that show) but I felt sad for the characters regardless which is good considering the first half of the anime did a pretty poor job representing them in a likeable way (the way they presented Nanaka in the first few episodes was pretty bad considering she's the main heroine after all).

The pacing is also pretty horrible. It felt like they just lumped in all the emotional stuff in the final four episodes and expected people to slog through all the bs that came before that to get to the 'good stuff'. I also fear Aoi-chan's voice might have permanently damaged my ear drums  :lol: . Overall: It was a pretty good show but the first half felt like a bunch of filler which is a real shame considering the fact that there was more than enough emotional backstory availabl to fill the entire anime in a meaningful way, I think.

PS: Sana is a dumbass. Seriously. He takes 'thickheaded' to a new level.

I feel the anime takes itself a bit too seriously at times. I also thought the old lady plotline was kinda silly. Nevertheless, the way they presented the conflict was pretty impressive and slightly heart wrenching so I have to commend them on that front. I didn't expect it to be a tearjerker like Clannad: After Story for example (god, that show) but I felt sad for the characters regardless which is good considering the first half of the anime did a pretty poor job representing them in a likeable way (the way they presented Nanaka in the first few episodes was pretty bad considering she's the main heroine after all).

The pacing is also pretty horrible. It felt like they just lumped in all the emotional stuff in the final four episodes and expected people to slog through all the bs that came before that to get to the 'good stuff'. I also fear Aoi-chan's voice might have permanently damaged my ear drums  :lol: . Overall: It was a pretty good show but the first half felt like a bunch of filler which is a real shame considering the fact that there was more than enough emotional backstory availabl to fill the entire anime in a meaningful way, I think.

PS: Sana is a dumbass. Seriously. He takes 'thickheaded' to a new level.

I watched Myself;Yourself when it aired, oh god that's long ago. Although I barely remember the first half of the show, the second half especially with

Nanaka and the house fire and Sana's attempted suicide

I was like damn...all I remember, I enjoyed the series.

Also, no one can be as "thickheaded"/dumb as Ichika from I.S .__." (we're not going there)

I watched Myself;Yourself when it aired, oh god that's long ago. Although I barely remember the first half of the show, the second half especially with

Nanaka and the house fire and Sana's attempted suicide

I was like damn...all I remember, I enjoyed the series.

Also, no one can be as "thickheaded"/dumb as Ichika from I.S .__." (we're not going there)

BLACK BLOOD

I also kinda wanna marry your avatar

those eyes x.x

Also, yes please go watch FLCL that show is like being on LSD I love it  ^_^

Oh nevermind I switched them up.

Kabukimonogatari is the one that happens simultaneously with Nekomonogatari:Shiro

(since they went back in time Koyomi was nowhere to be seen)

My bad.

If that was the reason, then Koyomi should've been seen in one of the days in the time period of Tsubasa Tiger. Tsubasa Tiger didn't last for only one day.

It seems that the actual order of the events are the following:

Koyomi Vamp (Kizu) < Tsubasa Family (Neko Black) < Hitagi Crab (Bake) < Mayoi Snail (Bake) < Suruga Monkey (Bake) < Nadeko Snake (Bake) < Tsubasa Cat (Bake) < Karen Bee (Nise) < Tsukihi Phoenix (Nise) < Mayoi Jiangshi (Kabuki) < Shinobu Time (Oni) < Tsubasa Tiger (Neko Shiro) = Shinobu Mail (Owari) < Ougi Formula (Owari) < Sodachi Riddle (Owari) < Sodachi Lost (Owari) < Nadeko Medusa (Otori) < Hitagi End (Koi) < Yotsugi Doll (Tsuki) / Suruga Devil (Hana) [i don't know which comes first] < Mayoi Hell (Owari) < Hitagi Rendezvous (Owari) < Ougi Dark (Owari) < Koyomi Reverse (Zokuo)

The twelve short stories of Koyomimonogatari are in between those arcs. I don't know where they can be found though. I do think it's okay to just watch the series, but knowing the proper sequence of events helps as well. 

Since like I said, if you include Shinobu Mail in the arcs happening in Koyomi's summer break, it would make sense how his contract with Shinobu was repaired, even though it was severed in Onimonogatari.

I just think that way. <3

Anyway, finished Koimonogatari.

I now see why Kaiki is best girl. Holy shit. That was beautiful. No battle royale against Nadeko (which I was really hoping for but thought that Monogatari wouldn't pull that stunt), but very good. Kaiki is a great man. It completely reverses the impression Nisemonogatari left about him. Just great.

...But he died. Fuuuuuck.

Anyway, I hope we get to see Meme sometime in the future. Yeah. I'd like to know where the fuck he's been.

Going to start Hanamonogatari today as well. Might finish it.