Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

1 hour ago, Flutterz said:

Confession: I failed at making rice in a rice cooker today. It started bubbling like crazy (think soap bubbles not boiling water bubbles) and spitting boiling water out of the little steam vent on the lid so I had to turn it off. I don't think I'm cut out for this whole "living" thing. :komari:

Just now, Shikomizue said:

Maybe the cooker is defective? If you followed the directions to a point then that's the only other explanation.

No it isn't. It sometimes bubbles over like that when you don't rinse the rice -> too much starch.

I should have said 'wash' actually. You're supposed to put some water in your rice then swirl the rice around with your fingers. The water will instantly become white. Chuck that away then do it again. Then again. After this it’s a matter of how much starch you want to remove. My mum never liked removing all the starch so she would only do it three times, others do it 5 times or until the water becomes clear.

The giveaway is the ‘soapy bubbles’ thing. That’s always an indication of starchy rice.

45 minutes ago, Rooke said:

I should have said 'wash' actually. You're supposed to put some water in your rice then swirl the rice around with your fingers. The water will instantly become white. Chuck that away then do it again. Then again. After this it’s a matter of how much starch you want to remove. My mum never liked removing all the starch so she would only do it three times, others do it 5 times or until the water becomes clear.

The giveaway is the ‘soapy bubbles’ thing. That’s always an indication of starchy rice.

Guess that's what went wrong, I did wash it, but not enough apparently. Didn't realize failing to do so would result in, as Kerbal Space Program succinctly puts it, catastrophic failure. :amane:

5 hours ago, Flutterz said:

Confession: I failed at making rice in a rice cooker today. It started bubbling like crazy (think soap bubbles not boiling water bubbles) and spitting boiling water out of the little steam vent on the lid so I had to turn it off. I don't think I'm cut out for this whole "living" thing. :komari:

You failed at life :makina: 

The more you know indeed, I always thought my mom was cleaning the rice when she was washing it, not removing starch.

I should prob go watch and learn next time

~~

One of my co-workers who is a bit on the slow end turned out to be my senpai by 3 months. That mindblew me, and pretty much everyone in our little click / age group since I was seen as the most 'senior' counter.

He's also the youngest of us all :pyaa:

Well, there are also shitty rice cookers out there that will screw up your rice as described above. I used to have a Cuisinart that frequently failed hard. I bought a Zojirushi since then, and it works beautifully. And I almost never wash the rice, since it usually doesn't tell me to; I mostly just make jasmine rice or brown jasmine rice, and only for the latter is washing suggested.

Confession: After a little over a day here, I can tell I'm not cut out for San Francisco. Can I go home yet? Not till Friday? Noooooooooooo...

13 minutes ago, KosakiFag said:

Those look like ripe fruits to me.

I always knew you had a weird sense of taste.

11 minutes ago, Kawasumi said:

looks like a blur filter to me :sachi: 

And you're correct, but they still look like demons.

Confession: So I just got home from part time job... Here's my advice; never ever take any job that has anything to do with hops (the bines). It's very strenuous and it doesn't pay well. I made 9.5 dollars in 5 hours...

And there's still tomorrow, and then day after that, and then...

Spoiler

V9q0oja.png

Well, I need to share with someone...so..

Confession: I fall in love :mare: She is an old friend of mine, she is pretty and she is overall awesome! \ :mare: / it is about month since we started to going out....every touch, every kiss is magical :sachi:    however....there is one little problem...she is getting married to another man in four weeks...and yes,I knew she was about to...so yesterday we had a talk and agreed we need to stop all this and "let's just be friends again".... I answered her with a smile but in truth I am crying af now , because I never loved anyone so much in my life :komari:  So in the end, the amazing month with my beloved grill will cost me one friend and one heart...rip me...again :komari:.