VN Reading Club - Registration

Kaguya

People do this often with books, so why not? 

A lot of people lack the motivation to read VNs, or don't have someone to talk to once they finish a fine work. 

I was thinking of making a "VN reading club" of sorts, where every month we decide on a VN, read it and do several activities related to it, from just random chatter to more organized things, such as rewriting a character of a VN in the universe of another, make guessing games, extend the ending of a VN with what we think would happen next, write reviews, etc. 

If this actually happens, I could even give make the activities competitions and give some prizes for the winners every month.

Oh, taking part in the activities wouldn't be mandatory. I realize a lot of people are busy, and you can skip a month if you feel like it. The important part is motivating everyone to pick up a VN monthly~

So? Do you think it's a good idea? And if so, would you like to join?

~~

VN Club History:

November: Ayakashibito

December: Forest

February: Shikkoku no Sharnoth

I'm totally up for this. 

I hope others will be too~

We don't need too many people for this type of thing, though I'd like at least 6 people for more complex activities. 3 or 4 would be totally fine, though. Of course, I welcome anyone. 10 or more would be amazing <3

I think this is a great idea. I think this could also lead to more organized discussions in the Visual Novel Talk sub-forum. However instead of making this a club, why don't we make a visual novel of the month that will be featured on the site. And then dedicate a thread to which ever VN we are reading each month. 

I'm certainly interested in this. Think a tweet on teh fuwatwitter about it would be good?

That said I'd have to finish off what I'm currently reading... otoh, that's motivation in itself w

Yep, a tweet on it would be nice. 

I'll spend one or two weeks with preparations (which will be disguised as time for people to sign up) before we start activities, so why don't you finish the titles you're reading by then? Gogo zaka rangers~

I'd like to join, but I'll probably skip the first month... Too much happening in November that I'm already committed to. It's a very cool concept, and it should be good because I always annoy my friends by talking about vns they aren't even reading lol. Besides, I finish vns way too slow, so that should help my pace... Looking forward to the second vn!

One problem though... even with translated, what people have and haven't read is going to be pretty disparate.  The ones who have been around a while will have read practically everything and the ones who haven't will probably have only read a few major names like Grisaia or FSN...  I dunno about the rest of you, but reading a VN all the way through more than twice is actively painful for me...

One problem though... even with translated, what people have and haven't read is going to be pretty disparate.  The ones who have been around a while will have read practically everything and the ones who haven't will probably have only read a few major names like Grisaia or FSN...  I dunno about the rest of you, but reading a VN all the way through more than twice is actively painful for me...

I will try my best to pick titles everyone hasn't read but me. I know a few tld ones you never gave a try and you'd probably like, at least :P

In the worst case scenario, two people or three will already have read the VN... But I'll have enough activities  prepared so that they can have the same amount of fun as the people who haven't read them already.

Depending on how many members are there, would it be possible to make like, two or three different groups? Don't know, maybe it could help avoiding this problem.