Fall 2014 Anime Discussion

Kenshin_sama

Shirobako feels disappointing.

I'm not saying focusing on the adult world is bad, but this is a literal adaptation of mundane activities related to anime making, mundane activities are fine if you're doing an SoL with cute girls, but this is not the case, and on top of that they never bothered developing any of the characters and i can not feel connected to any of them because of that. There's so many things i'd prefer this anime to do but so far it's just so "literally an anime about realistic anime production" that it hurts.

I want character development, bonds, just.. something to make me feel emotionally attached, please.

Despite liking Yuuki Yuuna as a whole, I didn't really like the new episode. So much happened in a short time, And all this "dramatic" stuff happened without any feeling to it. Overall left me disappointed :(

I have to agree there, it felt so out of place, nothing was leading up to such drama, what a shame.

I was hoping they'd keep the easygoing mahou shoujo gotta save the world feel, but they suddenly jumped into some serious action with their lifes on the line. Talk about abrupt.

I wonder where the show will go now though. I was hoping they'd go more into detail about the Shinju-sama which we still don't know anything about.

And, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, still my favorite this season. I can rest easy knowing I won't be disappointed on Thursdays. It has been a while since I could truly identify myself with the protagonist, and that happens so naturally with Kousei. And, what makes me the most happy, it'll have a whole 22 episodes! It's far from over!  :lol: 

The episode of Yuuki Yuna felt like a 2 episode season finale, but it was one episode, 4 episodes into the anime :P I actually skip ending songs and had to go back to last week's episode to figure out why there seemed to have been a jump.

And agreed, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is my favorite of the season as well!

I got one of those 30-day trial crunchyroll memberships, and have been just catching up on everything that's currently airing.  The obvious front-runners of the season are F/SN and Parasyte, but I'm really enjoying Inou-Battle so far as well.  Grisaia isn't a god-tier adaptation, but I'm enjoying it for what it is -- I can understand the cuts that were made to fit it down to a single cour.

I was also disappointed, such a waste of an adorable loli and godly twintails.

The president should just stay in regular human form, she's much cuter that way.

xqXaw5p.jpg

I, now, declare war on this Tail Gear.

How can a costume that transforms a cute petite girl into a plotted monstrosity be allowed to exist!?

BURN IT! BURN IT NOW! AND BURY THE ASHES!

Balance people. Now we have 2 flat chests and 2 melons. Perfect with those 2 new monsters that have their own faction of flat vs oppai.

I ended up dropping Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete, just because nothing of value has happened in about 4-5 episodes.

So far, my favorites for the season are Amagi Brilliant Park and Parasyte. Amagi isn't doing anything very groundbreaking, but WOW is it a fun show to watch. I end up looking forward to it more than any of my other shows, just because it's so funny.

But leaving that aside, Parasyte is so well made that I can't not give it a spot at the top. So for right now, they're tied.

I'm watching mainly FSN UBW and Magic Kaito 1412, as well as Yowapeda (but I need to catch up! Ahh shounen sports anime. My weakness). I'm so hyped for both FSN and Kaito. FSN goes without saying why; Ufotable's doing a great job and keeping things moving.

Kaito's case next week was one of my absolute favourites in the manga; I can not wait. They don't appear to be too bad at adapting it, but I thought they'd cut some elements so it fits in Conan's universe. It's so clear that it doesn't at this point. I'm kinda confused that no adaptions of Kaito have done this despite Kaito being a recurring character in Conan...? I can understand everyone who's confused how Kaito fits with Conan.......

I think it is time to post my own thoughts of the animes I am following this season. We are halfway for some of them probably.

Akatsuki no Yona

It is still the number two of this season in my opinion. It started really well but slowed down a bit. Now they are picking up the pace again and I am really looking forward to the ending. Heartwarming and interesting mostly all the time. I really like the princess and her character. I am still surprised. I didn't have such high hopes before I started watching.

Log Horizon

I am confused by Log Horizon. I enjoyed the first season a lot. But now I am not sure what I think. It is the typical Log Horizon I knew. But something is missing in my opinion. I can't put my finger on it. But I guess they are a bit too focused on one thing at a time. The first season was floating and we always had the opportunity to watch almost every character in every episode. I guess I miss that. But overall it is good.

Isn't it also the fact that you had no idea what was going on the first season and EVERYTHING was a mystery and now its less mysterious so to speak?

Isn't it also the fact that you had no idea what was going on the first season and EVERYTHING was a mystery and now its less mysterious so to speak?

it's a possibility but I don't know. I rarely read manga so I don't really know anything except what I've watched so far. And it doesn't make sense in my head.