Fall 2014 Anime Discussion

Kenshin_sama

I guess I'll be stealing the traditional role from Nosebleed this time around. Sorry, mate!

This thread will be for discussion on any anime airing for Fall 2014. If you haven't yet, be sure to grab a chart for the season! http://neregate.com/blog/2014/07/23/fall-2014-anime/

I started watching Terra Formars today due to my interest in the staff working on it. Hard to say anything about it so far. I wasn't particularly thrilled with what was given so far, but the episode's main focus was to introduce the setting and the protagonist's motives, so I guess that's to be expected. At the very least, I wasn't bored. The character cast seems a bit lackluster, but I suppose that can change. The plot has some potential, so I'll be sticking with it for now.

Have a good Fall, everybody!

Ooooh. Well then.

F/SN Unlimited Blade Works (based ufotable)

Trinity Seven

Grisaia no Kajitsu

I guess those are the only ones I'm looking forward to.

No, this is the thread for discussing currently airing anime, it's not the 'what are you gonna watch' thread which also exists.

Which means so far you can only discuss Terra Formars since it's the only one that has aired yet :P Unless you went to the premiere screening of F/SN, or the Grisaia one in Japan...

Denki-gai no Honya-san slightly disappointed me. I expected smth like Working! or Service x Servant, but it doesn't seem like it'll focus much on interactions in the shop. I only hope it was just this episode, cuz an introductory episode ignoring almost half the characters? Dunno... (the gerent did not even show up, poor man)

Seems like I was right in putting Denki-gai no Honya-san on my list.

I've been waiting for it for months and months ever since it was announced and it's everything I expected.

It's a very similar vibe to Working which is one of my favorite series so I am not disappointed, hopefully these characters grow on me to, sadly there's no lolis, just pseudo ones, but all the girls are pretty cute so.

I think I'll enjoy this a lot. Great way to start the fall season.

I don't know if this is the right place for it, but I don't want to make a thread just for the purpose of asking this:

Why does only HorribleSubs make 1080p releases?

That's not really true, I've seen other sites do 1080p releases, but only for BDs

Reason being that TV 1080p is not really true 1080p, it's just 720p scaled up most of the times.

Rather than "make" 1080p releases horriblesubs just rips releases from Crunchy/Funimation which are services that do provide 1080p releases although I'd argue if they're true 1080p releases and not just scaled up 720p ones, my friends with a 1080p monitor watch in 720p and notice virtually no difference from the 1080p release.

Terra Formars adaptation is like Tokyo Ghoul...  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ so many censors.....

Meanwhile Gundam: G no Reconguista decided to do a 2 episode premiere and went full old school style accompanied with GARNiDELIA awesome OP.

Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken anime of the season, there's nothing else to be watched. 

This. THIS.

EDIT: Go ahead and search the filmography of the director for Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken for a small fun fact..... I'm speechless......

Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken anime of the season, there's nothing else to be watched.

It was a pretty fun short, wonder where it's going, they're definitely an odd couple though, a hardcore otaku dating a really cute girl is unrealistic.

But the way he acts is definitely similar to a lot of people i know.

I watched the first episode of Danna ga Very Long Title Desu... bleh, I don't like those otaku-glorifying anime. Not the way they've been done in the last few years at least (Oreimo, Outbreak Company or this for example), I think stuff like Genshiken or Otaku no Video are much more interesting.

But well, I'll just drop it.

Meanwhile I hear everywhere around me that Gundam Reconquista in G is a huge trainwreck, I gotta go see that of my own eyes.

I watched the first episode of Danna ga Very Long Title Desu... bleh, I don't like those otaku-glorifying anime. Not the way they've been done in the last few years at least (Oreimo, Outbreak Company or this for example), I think stuff like Genshiken or Otaku no Video are much more interesting.

But well, I'll just drop it.

Meanwhile I hear everywhere around me that Gundam Reconquista in G is a huge trainwreck, I gotta go see that of my own eyes.

The pacing is a trainwreck in the first 2 ep, but it's still to early to tell if it's going to be another Valvrave.

The pacing is a trainwreck in the first 2 ep, but it's still to early to tell if it's going to be another Valvrave.

Oh, I doubt it's going to be a Valvrave. Rather from first impressions it seems like it will have all the hallmarks of Tomino trainwrecks: confusing as hell story, sub par storyboard and inconsistent characters.

But hey, Zeta Gundam was really cool, maybe he can still pull out something. Who am I even trying to kid ;_;

Well at least we can hope some nice robot animation. Maybe. I heard Yoshida worked on the first episode...

it would really be nice if it bothered to explain itself, it jumps from one plot point to the next without any narrative.

That seems to be the going trend for mecha lately. I'm not too bothered by it as long as the story isn't the central focus of the series. In this case, it doesn't seem like it will be. This type of series will be tough to watch initially, and the writers probably won't put any more effort for improving the story's structure in future episodes, but it does still have a chance at delivering an exciting experience. At the very least, it's not trying to repeat what Valvrave did, where shit hits the fan in the first episode, and the scenario writing is completely outrageous.

that Danna show is really weird,dont get the point of it ;d maybe will understand next episode

I suppose its point will be to showcase otaku life in an SoL environment. Probably intended to make people laugh, or to give otaku someone on TV to relate to. On one hand, I was really happy to see Mashiro-tan come up! <3

That seems to be the going trend for mecha lately. I'm not too bothered by it as long as the story isn't the central focus of the series. In this case, it doesn't seem like it will be. This type of series will be tough to watch initially, and the writers probably won't put any more effort for improving the story's structure in future episodes, but it does still have a chance at delivering an exciting experience. At the very least, it's not trying to repeat what Valvrave did, where shit hits the fan in the first episode, and the scenario writing is completely outrageous.

I suppose its point will be to showcase otaku life in an SoL environment. Probably intended to make people laugh, or to give otaku someone on TV to relate to. On one hand, I was really happy to see Mashiro-tan come up! <3

i dont mind the structure so much.

I mind the lack of cohesion.

Haven't watched any of the ones being discussed so far, but the first episode of Selector Spread Wixoss was pretty good. I missed that show, and even though most of it was slow or a recap (which I needed anyways after a season away from it), there were already some interesting reveals about the end of the first season. It was a good way to ease back into the series.