Why Hello World

Clestae

Hello everyone!

You can call me Clestae, my username. I'm new to fuwa, although not extremely new to visual novels. I haven't played all the "old great ones," but thanks to this website, I hope to soon ^_^

I'm also part of the team developing Lucid9, so keep on the lookout for us!

I'm a native English speaker. I enjoy writing on the side (can't draw worth anything >.<), and like general "nerd" hobbies (anime, video games, tabletop, etc.), along with just trying to get through school!

So yeah. I guess those are the important things :P

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Good luck with your project! What is your part in it?

My apologies, I didn't answer your question in the other post. I'm technically the "beta" (I look through the character concepts and make sure they "make sense", so to speak. I also look through plot development and writing structure for problems in pacing and such), but I also am assisting in the writing as well :)

yahoo~

i also new here, let's be friend and see you around here, just wondering what's your favs VN? ' '

Cool, let's be! ^_^

I'm mostly familiar with new ones. So Zero Escape series is my favorite. I also really like Cinders. As far as more traditional ones, I'm still playing through Fate Stay/Night (although enjoying it a lot) and hope to play some others. I've played some of the free ones that people post, as well, with the ren'py engine. I need to play more older ones >.<

Welcome to the forums!

We're glad to have you aboard

Which of the "old great ones" haven't you read? :P I personally havent read F/SN and Muv-Luv  :ph34r:

I'm reading F/SN now! I love it so far. I'm hoping to play Steins;Gate and Remember11 at some point, as well. I believe I need to buy the former (so not that old, I suppose haha), so I should remember to do that :)

I'm reading F/SN now! I love it so far. I'm hoping to play Steins;Gate and Remember11 at some point, as well. I believe I need to buy the former (so not that old, I suppose haha), so I should remember to do that :)

waa, S;G, i played it a lot several months ago, but stopped playing it because my pc got a virus //nooo it has a great story like its anime, worth to play, ah also, yoroshiku Cleastae-san ' 'b

Welcome to the forums, its great to hear another indie developer join us. 

I haven't played all the "old great ones," but thanks to this website, I hope to soon ^_^

I liked this comment because most good VNs that are currently translated came out 2000 onward. The only VN I think that is worth reading from the 90's is Kanon. But Kanon was released during the tale end of the 90's in 1999. ONE~ was release in 1998 and was decent, but unlike Kanon I wouldn't recommend reading it. (Kanon is really good and I even wrote a whole paper on it). In conclusion there aren't many great old ones if you consider everything 2000 on wards to be modern like I do.