"I do that all the time!" thread

threepwood007

This just occurred to me while rereading Grisaia no Kajitsu, but do you ever get those moments when a character in a VN says something and you go:

"EXACTLY!"

or

"I do that all the time!"

Unfortunately, this happened for me when Michiru says, "At times like this, I ALWAYS leave the single most important thing behind, without fail! I, Matsuhima Michiru, am a certifiable genius at forgetting things! Don't forget that!"

Because I do forget things. The important things. ALL THE TIME.

This is just an example; anyone else have this happen with any character?

Just like Yuuji, I do have the bad habit of speaking to myself even among people, it gets really weird sometimes since I pretty much do the same as him. Inner monologue > say something related loud and without context.

Emi from Katawa Shoujo runs even when she shouldn't and I do that sometimes, I just can't really stay a long time without running at least a bit.

Unfortunately, this happened for me when Michiru says, "At times like this, I ALWAYS leave the single most important thing behind, without fail! I, Matsuhima Michiru, am a certifiable genius at forgetting things! Don't forget that!"

Because I do forget things. The important things. ALL THE TIME.

I'm pretty good at losing important items too, unfortunately.  A few days ago I was going to go out to get some ice cream with a coupon I got from donating blood.  Lost my glasses, spent ~15-20 minutes looking for them, and then, after I found them, I lost my coupon and had to spend another five minutes looking for it.  That's just what I can remember offhand, too.  I know I've lost my glasses for a little over a month several times.  I'm horrible at keeping track of where they are.  Same with my keys.  If I don't put them in a specific place the instant I get home, they disappear into a rift in time and space.

The character I saw almost all of myself in was kotarou from rewrite. Most of the stuff he does, his thoughts and the way he goes about things are pretty similar to how I do things but the opening scene is something I can definitely relate to. If you don't like him as a character I don't think meeting me in real life is a great idea. :P

One day, I realised I had nothing.

I thought my pockets were filled with happiness, but really they were empty.
It shouldn't have surprised me, since I've never made an effort to fill them with anything.
But I wasn't even aware of it.
I've been leading an aimless meaningless life.
Then suddenly, one day, it felt as though I lost a lot of time.
I could talk to anyone. Absolutely anyone.
But I had no close friends. Not even one.
I was obvious what that meant.
My life couldn't be more shallow.
My childhood friend, Kanbe Kotori, was the only person I could talk to freely.
Yes...
...she was...my friend.
(...I'll do it all over.)
(And I'll do it better this time...)
An earnest wish.
But making it come true isn't easy.
Everyone struggles with that.
People don't find happiness automatically.
They have to work for it.
What is hapiness?
Is it like youth? Then what is youth?
"Something bright and wonderful, I guess" Kotori once said.
"...who cares? Don't waste time thinking about it." Yoshino retorted.
A long time ago, someone else said it was "Life's tightrope walk."
All three of their opinions feel right to me.
It's wonderful, it's unknowable, and it's terrifying.
Of course it's a hard question. It has no answer.
But I decided to search for one.
But unfortunately, the flow of time was cruel.
In no time at all, it was summer. In the blink of an eye it was fall.
Before I knew it I was a sophomore.
I got worried.
I was still empty-handed.
I hadn't even glimpsed what I should be doing.
I'd just been wasting time...

It does happens sometimes, it's mostly when protagonist (Or some other characters) thinks or says something and I go like that's exactly what I think. I can't recall any at a moment from top of my head from a VN but I remember one from Anime No game No life in a first episode when protagonist is thinking about how he feels about 3D world.

I'm pretty good at losing important items too, unfortunately.  A few days ago I was going to go out to get some ice cream with a coupon I got from donating blood.  Lost my glasses, spent ~15-20 minutes looking for them, and then, after I found them, I lost my coupon and had to spend another five minutes looking for it.  That's just what I can remember offhand, too.  I know I've lost my glasses for a little over a month several times.  I'm horrible at keeping track of where they are.  Same with my keys.  If I don't put them in a specific place the instant I get home, they disappear into a rift in time and space.

Im pretty sure thats the same with everyone. I mean one day i went to eat something from the fridge. walks towards kitchen and then sees something lying around which i should throw away so i dump the rubbish. Then i come back to my room and see the room is a dump so i tidy it up and find myself hungry so i walk to the kitchen but see a great show and decide to watch for five mins. Then i went back to bedroom to find i wuz friggin starvin so i went back and wuz asked to help out with some things i then went back to my room to find myself dyin of starvation and decide i wanna eat smthin. finally goes to fridge and remember i ate everything that doesnt need preparation the day before and was gonna buy some that morning. in the end gave up and just cooked a light meal

It does happens sometimes, it's mostly when protagonist (Or some other characters) thinks or says something and I go like that's exactly what I think. I can't recall any at a moment from top of my head from a VN but I remember one from Anime No game No life in a first episode when protagonist is thinking about how he feels about 3D world.

I had the exact same thought of the beginning. it was almost how i saw this world excluding the crappy game bit