Summer 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

I'm kinda behind, but just watched the 3rd episode of Blade Dance. Est's "onii-chan" was very dangerous to my chest. I'm actually loving the characters (and especially the character designs ^_^), which characters is the most important thing to me in terms of enjoyment.

Who here likes Yurika from Rokujouma no Shinryakusha?

I just sympathize with her so much, whenever she's successful at something I just go "You did it Yurika! *tears of joy*"

I don't know, i just like her.

Although my favorite in there is definintely Sanae. Totally not because purple is my favorite color or anything..

I just sympathize with her so much, whenever she's successful at something I just go "You did it Yurika! *tears of joy*"

Although my favorite in there is definintely Sanae. Totally not because purple is my favorite color or anything..

i do she's actually my favorite i just love how clumsy she is <3 

and her voice is cute

how could i ever say no to this face? xD

2014-07-19_2-01-42_zps0b654a8c.jpg

Someone understands.

Yurika best mahou shoujo. The princess of Love and Courage~

tumblr_n8kzedjaEv1s4qvrdo1_500.gif

you just got your self a like

I just found my gif anytime one of you guys decide to derail a thread 

tumblr_n9ltu7DLPC1slv5gyo3_500.gif

i'll use it lol

Could SAO finally be delivering? Seems like it

This episode was by far the best they gave me thus far, i'm finally interested in watching, thank you.

That bullet dodging scene was pretty cool, but I feel like Kirito is once again being ridiculously overpowered and breaking game physics. But okay since this is a past SAO flaw, and what seems to be embedded in SAO no matter what, i'll just forget it's there and enjoy things for what they are.

Aldnoah.Zero again doesn't disappoint one bit. I just want more and more of it and they cut right when i'm most entertained to make me frustrated. I love this show. Just absolutely love it.

The martians are making me more and more mad, but hey that's the point right?

The blonde guy was a bit of a fool though, really disliked the route he took, it was obvious it'd fail, oh well.

Mahouka is still awesome as well.

Tatsuya just blows my mind every time, finally we get to see some more of his real personality and being, he's just so ridiculously OP that it never gets tiring to see him, at least in my opinion.

Cool episode.

I also like how things are taking a bigger propotion and not staying in the highschool setting only fad. Really refreshing and entertaining.

Saturday is a good day for anime it seems.

So is Aldnoah.Zero's relationship between Inaho and Slain going to be similar to Valvrave's protagonist and dueteragonist? They might start off as enemies and end up on the same team.

Inaho reminds me of a meeker L-elf, both in his affection for the princess and outsider status he has with his masters. Looks like he's trying to defect too. Oh and they even look similar.

I'm kinda behind, but just watched the 3rd episode of Blade Dance. Est's "onii-chan" was very dangerous to my chest. I'm actually loving the characters (and especially the character designs ^_^), which characters is the most important thing to me in terms of enjoyment.

I love that shit. And honestly, I couldn't tell you why. There's just something about Blade Dance that sort of "clicks."

Est most definitely helped.

Edit: Taco, I think you're getting Inaho and Slain mixed up, my friend. :P

I almost never judge a season on the first week. After getting accustomed to eastern storytelling, you start to see how a lot of anime need some time to pick up from a slow start. I usually don't form an opinion until week 4. Seeing how we're in that stage now, I can say that this season is turning out to be a solid one, and that's a pretty grand accomplishment for Summer since it tends to be the weakest time of the year for anime.

Finally got caught up on a few things, including Rokujouma. After my initial distate of Yurika, I'm starting to warm up to her myself and cheer for her. Although Sense is best (purple is best color in general). I like her a lot as a character

Yurika is cute, although her voice puts me off for some reason D:

I just watched Barakamon, and it's so nice and good for my heart. I wonder if it's bad to hope for a bit of romance (even if I know it won't happen) between sensei and Miwa.

And I wanted to ask, what's Aldnoa about? The summaries I've found all say something like "stuff happened and some years passed" but it doesn't really say what's it about ;u;

I just saw the latest episode of Gekkan Shoujo, and that will be possibly the funniest thing I will see all year. That show deserves a number 1.5 on my anime top 2014 spots right now. The Manga is good, but the Anime really improves it by cleaning up all the confusing panels from the Manga. 

Okay, now i'm sure that Kirito is a Trap Jedi(Or sith given her costume)

Well, the second season now had really started(wah, 5 episodes in order to enter the game...), and well, the return of the assassin's guild from SAO is...Here, i don't know if it's a good or a bad thing.

Okay, now i'm sure that Kirito is a Trap Jedi(Or sith given her costume)

Well, the second season now had really started(wah, 5 episodes in order to enter the game...), and well, the return of the assassin's guild from SAO is...Here, i don't know if it's a good or a bad thing.

*cough* 4 episodes :P

Seriously though, now that he's finally in the game, the anime's enjoyment levels have picked up substantially. The pacing is still a little slow though :blink:

*cough* 4 episodes :P

Seriously though, now that he's finally in the game, the anime's enjoyment levels have picked up substantially. The pacing is still a little slow though :blink:

Yeah yeah true, ep 4 was good.

But i'm fearing the second part of this season.

Yeah yeah true, ep 4 was good.

But i'm fearing the second part of this season.

Why's that? I've heard countless people praise the 4th arc in the LN. I have only read up to halfway through GGO myself, so I can't speak from experience, though I did enjoy GGO much more in the LN than the first two arcs.

Yurika is cute, although her voice puts me off for some reason D:

I just watched Barakamon, and it's so nice and good for my heart. I wonder if it's bad to hope for a bit of romance (even if I know it won't happen) between sensei and Miwa.

And I wanted to ask, what's Aldnoa about? The summaries I've found all say something like "stuff happened and some years passed" but it doesn't really say what's it about ;u;

Aldnoah.Zero is a mecha anime that is mostly distinct for having a protagonist that thinks his way through battles rather than just powering his way to victory through badassery and the grace of  deus ex machina.  The soundtrack is pretty great too.

And here's my new "Backing the Hell Out of This Discussion" gif

qw9jGx9.gif

So this is what I ended up watching this season:

1. Rail Wars
  2. Akame ga Kill
  3. Tokyo Ghoul
  4. Tokyo ESP
  5. Rokukyouma no Shinryakusha
  6. Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
  7. Zankyou no Terror
  8. Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
  9. Jinsei
  10. Glasslip
  11. Barakamon
  12. Sabagebu
  13. Hanayamata
  14. Futsuu no...Locodol Yattemita

(That's my current ranking for them as well)

Aside from the last 3 I'm pretty happy with this season.   Also, I'm gonna make a bunch of enemies XD; Yurika is worst girl IMO by far.  Sanae FTW.

Now if only I could find a Rail Wars Hype Train GIF...