Narcissu 1st and 2nd on Steam

Gav

The first one has been freeware for at least a couple of years, but I couldn't get it to work on Windows 7 when I tried installing it a while back. Looks like it's available on Mac and Linux now too.

I've finished reading the first one yesterday, it was a good read. at first I thought that it was going to be another "crying game" with forced drama, but I was wrong about it. its nothing special but still a very good and entertaining story :) and Setsumi was excellent character in my opinion.

my big complaint against the game

is actually about the main character, no way he was able to drive this much in his state, driving is tiring and take a lot of energy.

This might actually be a reason to get an account on Steam. Maybe.

What kind of sickens me is the people who bash the game on Steam as if they find it their duty to hate on something that's not within their definition of a game. Even one person posted a "do not recommend" despite writing that the story was good but since it's "not a game" it won't get an upvote. Thankfully people don't upvote those types of reviews often and the ones on the front page are of people with common sense.

Nonetheless great to see this game on Steam and I hope more vns do as well.

What kind of sickens me is the people who bash the game on Steam as if they find it their duty to hate on something that's not within their definition of a game. Even one person posted a "do not recommend" despite writing that the story was good but since it's "not a game" it won't get an upvote. Thankfully people don't upvote those types of reviews often and the ones on the front page are of people with common sense.

...This breaks by heart.

I wrote a review here. Basically I thought it was okay but not as good as most other people seem to think. I suppose it depends on what kind of genres you like, so I imagine anyone who enjoyed the first one would also enjoy the second.

thanx for the review, I will not read the game. I didn't want to at first because I felt that I don't need to know more about Setsumi's past, she was the way she is so I can imagine a part of her life myself, its not necessary to tell the reader everything.

but now I have another reason, the topic that the story discusses ... I've read too much about it and formed my own opinions ( I'm a believer by the way ), I feel that the game can add nothing to my own view.

What kind of sickens me is the people who bash the game on Steam as if they find it their duty to hate on something that's not within their definition of a game. Even one person posted a "do not recommend" despite writing that the story was good but since it's "not a game" it won't get an upvote.

Just typical people being narrow minded.

Can you create another Steam account if you lose one?

I've forgotten all my details and nothing happens when I ask Steam to "retrieve password", no email, nothing :(

I don't think you can make multiple accounts on the same email address. Try waiting for a while, sometimes password retrieval emails take a while to come through (also check your other emails addresses and spam folder).

I've seen worse. This "review" is one of the worst I have seen, just read the first paragraph and the verdict; then that Narcissu review just seems like your average, generic gamer having not done their research. (I am saying this as someone that has not played the game yet it is still obvious)

BTW, is the second one good ?

I enjoyed the first one thoroughly and I feel like the second one is even better with Himeko being one of my two all time favorite characters. If you asked me, I'd highly recommend it :).

It's okay. I hear Call of Duty 15 is coming up this year :)?