Your Favorite VN Character(s)

Tom

Mine would be split between two Heroines.

One from Kamidori Alchemy Meister.

Yuela. ~ I loved her story and the romance the developed between them.. I am sure there are other reasons but none come to mind.

My second would be from Grisaia No Kajitsu.

Michiru ~ From the start i enjoyed and loved her character. Laughed alot and felt sad. Loved the "SUuupaaii~" xD...

Well im sure once i get more into alot of other Visual Novels i will find new "loves" xD...but for now i present these two xD.

Oh, we're supposed to talk about heroines?

If so, Akane from rewrite. She has the right personality, her influence isn't half bad and I agree with most of what she says. I'd be happy to 

help bring forth Gaia's salvation with her~

Junko Enoshima from Danganronpa is pretty awesome too. I may like her as much as Akane. Her coolness is despair inducing. 

For me the best VN heroine would be Sawatari Nanagi from Aete mushisuru kimi to no mirai. She's the perfect imouto, however my mind and heart is fickle and it may change in the future.

Sawatari.Nanagi.full.1400302.jpg

For most interesting protagonist I should probably go with Yuuji from Grisaia

, I'm amazed he's not totally broken

As for males:
- Okazaki Tomoya (Clannad).
- Kazami Yūji (Grisaia no Kajitsu).
- Tennouji Kotarou (Rewrite).
- Daijuuji Kurou (Demonbane).

As for females:
- Fujibayashi Kyou (Clannad).
- Ragsmuena (Kamidori Alchemy Meister).
- Ibarazaki Emi (Katawa Shoujo).
- Kawakami Kazuko (Maji de watashi ni koi shinasai).

There are a lot more, but four will do for now xD

Granted, I haven't played many VNs yet(finally finished a route in Muv-Luv Extra...  hurrah for progress), but I do have a couple that I really think stand out.

Male:  Kazami Yuuji from Grisaia no Kajitsu

On the one hand, he's hypercompetent, which would normally be a mark against him(though not as much as if he were useless like some other protagonists), but he's also got this mix of social awkwardness(in that he approaches every social situation at full ramming speed) and twisted sense of humor that makes him a highly entertaining narrator.  I think that just about any other style of narration would have made Grisaia's slice of life segments a drag, but Yuuji's skewed way of looking at things kept me glued to the screen until the end.

Female:  Makise Kurisu from Steins;Gate

Yeah, she's a tsundere, but she's not abusive, which what usually annoys me about them(and besides, Okabe usually has it coming anyway).  She's capable and perceptive, and honestly, she feels more like a real person to me than most fictional characters do.  Kurisu is the perfect grounded foil to Okabe's outlandish clown of a character.  And when his world is falling apart, Kurisu is there to help him hold it all together, not by being the designated romance partner, but simply by being a calm, rational being who can help keep things in perspective.

Honorable Mentions:

Ikezawa Hanako from Katawa Shoujo:  still my favorite romance in a VN

Matsushima Michiru from Grisaia no Kajitsu:  you're an idiot, but you're a funny idiot.

Hinaori Kagome from Comyu:

Because she is just awesome.

Shigure Sora (protagonist) from Devils Devel Concept:

Seeing his world through his eyes was a fascinating experience.

Kuki-sensei (antagonist) from Ayakashibito:

Coolest martial-artist antagonist I've ever seen in a VN.

Shiranui Yoshikazu (protagonist) from Evolimit:

I don't think I've ever run into a protagonist who managed to so perfectly balance being a source of comedy relief with being a hero worthy of admiration.

Hm, for heroines, I'm tempted to pick Shiina from Disorder6 just because she's effectively several characters in one thanks to her split personality - it made for some hilarious and scary moments.

For main characters, I'll probably also have to go with Yuuji from Grisaia, what a refreshing protagonist for that sort of VN.

And if I had to pick an antagonist as well, I'd probably go with Bernkastel from Umineko, because she's just awesome. Adńd the has one of the most badass themes ever. :D

Though picking favourite characters is hard for me, I probably have much more (and they change from time to time).

For most badass male it's either Yuuji from Grisaia, Kenichi from Sharin no Kuni, or Kyousuke from G-Senjou. For favourite male who isn't a mega baller, Kotarou from Rewrite, Okabe from Steins;Gate or Tomoya from Clannad, because they were interesting to read about.

As for favourite female, I wonder...

12948.jpg

Just kidding. :P

2ziy91s.jpg

For male I would say Natsume Kyousuke.  He's cool and there's more to him than that.  Those feels.

For female, Ibuki Fuuko as a non-love interest character, her route is cute, funny and touching.  For a love-interest type heroine, probably Komine Sachi from Grisaia no Kajitsu, she's pretty funny in her own way and very sexy.  Props to Nagisa Furukawa for providing the most feels and tears though.

Protagonist:

#1 Naoe Yamato - Majikoi

3920.jpg

The genius tactician, almost all my favorite VN's have a genius protagonist and Yamato stands at the top for me because unlike the rest he does it without sacrificing those around him. Always thinking ahead and leading his friends to victory. Also hermit crabs...

#2 Kazami Yuuji - Grisaia

4539.jpg

Starts of cold and calculating and ends up growing a heart. As mentioned before I enjoy genius protagonists, it's a real delight amongst all the flood of dimwitted and thickskulled protagonist. Yuuji is a great combination of pragmatic and proactive.

#3 Azai Kyousuke - G-Senjou no Maou

347.jpg

Another pragmatic protagonist, while I question all the people he steps on to reach the end I admire his sacrifice once all is said and done.

#4 Morita Kenichi - Sharin no Kuni

1428.jpg

Once again... Pragmatic protagonist, man you just gotta enjoy them. I admire his comitment and ideals and his ultimate goal, not to mention you gotta love characters with max ranks in bluff/deception :P

#5 Hondou Jun'ichirou - My girlfriend is the President

4882.jpg

An odd person to make the list... Considering he is the opposite of all the other characters I have mentioned previously, but I like his weird combination of honorable pervert. He brought a constant smile to my face with his antics and shows dedication to meet his goals.

Heroine:

#1 Alicefeeze Fatalburn - Monster Girl Quest

7978.jpg

Alice is without a doubt my favorite character. I might be a bit biased by the fact that MGQ tricked me into thinking it was all ero but then threw a curveball of plot and character development I never saw coming initially. She's strong, willing to defy the gods themselves for what she thinks is right and also willing to sacrifice herself for the greater good. Despite all this she still acts like a kid who loves sweets and is scared of ghosts. She also appeals to way too many of my fetishes...

#2 Usami Haru - G-Senjou no Maou

12747.jpg

I admire her true dedication, willing to wait until the very end. Her wit is sharpened and her deduction skills are superb, also I love her hair :3

#3 Ikezawa Hanako - Katawa Shoujo

17348.jpg

To me, Hanako is a character I just want to hold tight and protect as I find her absolutely adorable - most of the characters I like are strong or dominant, but Hanako starts out as weak as flower and only shows strength when she fears she is going to lose what she cares about the most.

#4 Kawakami Momoyo - Majikoi

3560.jpg

The fake "sister" I wish I had: strong, determined and an outright pervert - Yamato is a lucky guy to be teased and sandwhiched between Momoyo's breasts.

#5 Kurugaya Yuiko - Little Busters

1922.jpg

I must have an inner masochist because I love the girls who are teasing perverts... Yuiko is strong, beautiful and smart - she's also a pervert and I love how she 'tortures' Riki.

To add one more onto my list... 

Kokoro from Evolimit

She was ranked first on the game's character polls, and she is also my favorite girl in a VN who wasn't a heroine. 

sample-22ed1ff250981db95be7d8710a7386c1.further spoilers for those who don't mind being spoiled on one of the major mysteries of the game

Kokoro, whose name while she was alive was Chenfui, is Shiranui's heart, literally. When he was a kid, he was diagnosed with a heart disease. On the other hand, Chenfui who was a poor girl in China with big dreams, had a body that was failing, EXCEPT for her heart. So, when she died, her heart went to Shiranui. When he realized that her consciousness was within him, he sacrificed his ability to feel sorrow in order to maintain her existence, while at the same time vowing to fulfill her dream of going to Mars as one of the first colonists. Her compassion, kindness, and resolve are some of the greatest supporting pillars of the story. That her brother, Kou, turns into an insane mass-murderer out of his love for her and his hate for her perceived murderer (Shiranui) only makes the overall story that much more poignant.

Protagonist:

#1 Naoe Yamato - Majikoi

3920.jpg

The genius tactician, almost all my favorite VN's have a genius protagonist and Yamato stands at the top for me because unlike the rest he does it without sacrificing those around him. Always thinking ahead and leading his friends to victory. Also hermit crabs...

#2 Kazami Yuuji - Grisaia

4539.jpg

Starts of cold and calculating and ends up growing a heart. As mentioned before I enjoy genius protagonists, it's a real delight amongst all the flood of dimwitted and thickskulled protagonist. Yuuji is a great combination of pragmatic and proactive.

#3 Azai Kyousuke - G-Senjou no Maou

347.jpg

Another pragmatic protagonist, while I question all the people he steps on to reach the end I admire his sacrifice once all is said and done.

#4 Morita Kenichi - Sharin no Kuni

1428.jpg

Once again... Pragmatic protagonist, man you just gotta enjoy them. I admire his comitment and ideals and his ultimate goal, not to mention you gotta love characters with max ranks in bluff/deception :P

#5 Hondou Jun'ichirou - My girlfriend is the President

4882.jpg

An odd person to make the list... Considering he is the opposite of all the other characters I have mentioned previously, but I like his weird combination of honorable pervert. He brought a constant smile to my face with his antics and shows dedication to meet his goals.

Heroine:

#1 Alicefeeze Fatalburn - Monster Girl Quest

7978.jpg

Alice is without a doubt my favorite character. I might be a bit biased by the fact that MGQ tricked me into thinking it was all ero but then threw a curveball of plot and character development I never saw coming initially. She's strong, willing to defy the gods themselves for what she thinks is right and also willing to sacrifice herself for the greater good. Despite all this she still acts like a kid who loves sweets and is scared of ghosts. She also appeals to way too many of my fetishes...

#2 Usami Haru - G-Senjou no Maou

12747.jpg

I admire her true dedication, willing to wait until the very end. Her wit is sharpened and her deduction skills are superb, also I love her hair :3

#3 Ikezawa Hanako - Katawa Shoujo

17348.jpg

To me, Hanako is a character I just want to hold tight and protect as I find her absolutely adorable - most of the characters I like are strong or dominant, but Hanako starts out as weak as flower and only shows strength when she fears she is going to lose what she cares about the most.

#4 Kawakami Momoyo - Majikoi

3560.jpg

The fake "sister" I wish I had: strong, determined and an outright pervert - Yamato is a lucky guy to be teased and sandwhiched between Momoyo's breasts.

#5 Kurugaya Yuiko - Little Busters

1922.jpg

I must have an inner masochist because I love the girls who are teasing perverts... Yuiko is strong, beautiful and smart - she's also a pervert and I love how she 'tortures' Riki.

:D that monster girl is damn fine  :D  :wub:  they look very interesting to me. ill check out those VNs for sure