When do you play VNs?

Clephas

Ok, I'll take it as a given that yall are playing VNs in at least some of your free time... but just what causes you to make the decision to play a visual novel? 

I play them when: I'm not interested in actual gameplay/want a story, while I eat, to take a break from work.

lol, I would feel the same way... except I know the price of putting homework off all too well, from my early college days (and dropout) a decade past.  Do your homework, get it over with, and enjoy your gaming with a free heart and soul... it is a lot more pleasant that way all around.  My new school life can be defined by these simple words: 'Get it over with as fast as possible.'

This topic made me realize that I've been reading VNs daily for about a year now. Sometimes for as long as 15 minutes per day, sometimes up to 10 hours per day, but I probably haven't missed a single day so far. As for schedule... pretty much every time I have free time on my hands, meaning evenings after work and any other time on weekends. I do have other hobbies, but reading VNs is the most time-consuming one at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the VN and where I am in it. For stuff like LB and grisaia with long common routes, I'll read the common route slowly usually in the evening until the story picks up, at which point I usually play it whenever (schedule permitting). For lighter hearted games, I'll usually just read those in the evening to avoid burnout (also applies for things like kamidori).

• 3 weeks later...