What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

I spent the whole day today playing it and found it very addicting. Monsters are completely overpowered right now. I won all ~10 games that I played as one and lost about 50% as a hunter.

Getting stuck in matchmaking did happen a couple of times, but not to an unbearable degree. Unfortunately, steam guides are already completely flooded with bad jokes about this.

Oh yeah, I had a lot of fun with Evolve during the weekend. Personally, I've never lost a game as a hunter, though I only played three human rounds.

I never wanted to appear malicious, it was just too good off an opportunity to pass up the joke. The Matchmaking got A LOT better after day one and I was surprised how fast the devs fixed stuff during the weekend.

Oh that bug, got it one time.

Yeah I agree about your ME1 spoiler. Though that's my least-fave mission of the main storyline. Just because of the annoying elevator bug that you get on the pc version :/

You learn quickly to F5-save before each and every single door in mass effect 1.

Just finished The Walking Dead game season 1. Before playing it, I heard a lot of people saying it was really good and now I regret not playing it earlier.

If you haven't already, don't neglect The Wolf Among Us. It's worth a play. I don't know if I say I enjoyed it as much as S1/S2 of the Walking Dead, but it's close.

All these ME1 bugs are worrying me... I have a 26-hour playtime right now and I save rarely. Nothing happened yet, but I should probably be more careful now on.

Edit:

I have a disc version(connected to Origin) patched to the most recent build, I think it is 1.2. Hopefully I won't encounter it, but it seems people still can get it with the patch, so I'll need to be more careful from now on.

Well, it's a PC game published by EA. What was I even expecting?..

If you haven't already, don't neglect The Wolf Among Us. It's worth a play. I don't know if I say I enjoyed it as much as S1/S2 of the Walking Dead, but it's close.

I have heard a lot of good things about it but have neglected it. I guess it's time for me to give it a shot.

Call of Duty AW for PC... 

Tell me how you enjoy it. I'm a general fan of the series, but I haven't really bought the last two iterations. My friend whose pretty much ignored the series since the first Modern Warfare seemed  impressed and excited by it, which has gotten my intrigued.

Tell me how you enjoy it. I'm a general fan of the series, but I haven't really bought the last two iterations. My friend whose pretty much ignored the series since the first Modern Warfare seemed  impressed and excited by it, which has gotten my intrigued.

I haven't played anything but MP yet since that's why I buy the game, so I won't be able to say anything about the other modes. From what I have played though I am really enjoying it. The jetpack system it has going for it is really fun to mess around with and the pick 10 is basically like BLOPS 2. Only have a few hours on it though as of now though so take my word lightly ~~ 

Edit: played the survival game mode, fun with buds as expected.

I haven't played anything but MP yet since that's why I buy the game, so I won't be able to say anything about the other modes. From what I have played though I am really enjoying it. The jetpack system it has going for it is really fun to mess around with and the pick 10 is basically like BLOPS 2. Only have a few hours on it though as of now though so take my word lightly ~~ 

All based Sledgehammer, the savior of the CoD franchise~

Man all these people talking shit on the COD community hub  :( So much complaining and I haven't had any real issues... The only thing that I have ran into is 3 laggy games out of 10 hours of play today.

That's to be expected for any major release sadly. A lot of the impetus behind people going to (un)official gaming forums for a particular title is because they're dissatisfied with something and want to bitch about it. Not that it's always illegitimate. 

Screw Mass Effect (okay maybe not this one), screw Muv Luv, screw Spec Ops, BoI Rebirth is INCREDIBLE.

I think I'm addicted.

Impressions (contains Binding of Isaac jargon)

Short version. OH MY GOD I'M IN LOVE ALL HAIL MCMILLEN

Long version:

First things you notice: The navigation is done with the keyboard in the menus, but there are three saves now, which is convenient.

The game is much more fluid this time around. There isn't that maddening half second when you travel between rooms. There are quite a few new enemies even from the get go, which appear to be nice though I do not really know how to describe them. The interface is like this: Resources (heart, spacebar item, coins, bombs, keys) are in the top left, your tears are on the lower left, the map is top right and the bottom right holds usable item (e.g. Pills). I didn't get a trinket, so I do not know where those go...

Some characters seem to have different (harder) requirements, like not taking damage for 2 floors. You can see the seed of the current run from the ESC menu.

ITEMS

First off, the one item that majorly effected my run: A tear modifier. I think its name was "Snaky Snaky", but I am not sure. It makes your tears go in a pattern like this:

|-) _ı-ı_ı-ı_ı-ı_ı-

(The "|-)" is Isaac's position.)

It means you cannot shoot in a straight line unless you're very close to or a certain distance away from your target, and it made my run way harder.

Besides that, I got the spider bite and a white syringe which made me smaller and faster.

I died in Caves II in a room full of Boom flies.

BOSSES

My bosses were The Duke Of Flies, Monstro, and Gurdy. DoF was quite certainly buffed, especially since it appears that flies are nearly 2x larger. Monstro was faster and more unpredictable. Gurdy's red lumps were WAY tougher and took some real effort to kill. Gurdy also seems to have a ton of HP. The after-boss items were new, I think. I do not remember one, but one was called Caffeine Pill and the other was some sort of photo which increased tears and gave Isaac a very sad face. They're new and much more interesting than lipsticks, panties, or wire coat hangers (ugh.)

FLOORS

The floor transitions and such are nice.

The new 2x1 and 2x2 rooms are great, but you can get swarmed if you act careless.

I've also encountered rocks with bombs in them, which means they explode when a bomb goes off near them. I have not seen any blue rocks. As for new room types, I've only encountered a room with two locks, but could not find a second key, so it's a mystery what's inside.

MUSIC & SFX

Music's great! From the creepy Caves track to the beautiful main menu theme, the soundtrack, unlike the SFX, is incredible.

My biggest qualm about the game right now is the voice Isaac makes when he takes damage: It sounds unnatural and childish. The creature voices (especially Monstro's) are not too good either.

GRAPHICS

The default filter is pretty awesome. I like the new style. The menus and such look very pixelated, but the game itself has its own ambience. I like the new lighting effects and such as well, and the new projectiles.

All in all...

THE GOOD: Music, Graphics, Gameplay, Interface

THE BAD: "Snaky Snaky", SFX

9.5/10 so far

Screw Mass Effect (okay maybe not this one), screw Muv Luv, screw Spec Ops, BoI Rebirth is INCREDIBLE.

I think I'm addicted.

Impressions (contains Binding of Isaac jargon)

Short version. OH MY GOD I'M IN LOVE ALL HAIL MCMILLEN

Long version:

First things you notice: The navigation is done with the keyboard in the menus, but there are three saves now, which is convenient.

The game is much more fluid this time around. There isn't that maddening half second when you travel between rooms. There are quite a few new enemies even from the get go, which appear to be nice though I do not really know how to describe them. The interface is like this: Resources (heart, spacebar item, coins, bombs, keys) are in the top left, your tears are on the lower left, the map is top right and the bottom right holds usable item (e.g. Pills). I didn't get a trinket, so I do not know where those go...

Some characters seem to have different (harder) requirements, like not taking damage for 2 floors. You can see the seed of the current run from the ESC menu.

ITEMS

First off, the one item that majorly effected my run: A tear modifier. I think its name was "Snaky Snaky", but I am not sure. It makes your tears go in a pattern like this:

|-) _ı-ı_ı-ı_ı-ı_ı-

(The "|-)" is Isaac's position.)

It means you cannot shoot in a straight line unless you're very close to or a certain distance away from your target, and it made my run way harder.

Besides that, I got the spider bite and a white syringe which made me smaller and faster.

I died in Caves II in a room full of Boom flies.

BOSSES

My bosses were The Duke Of Flies, Monstro, and Gurdy. DoF was quite certainly buffed, especially since it appears that flies are nearly 2x larger. Monstro was faster and more unpredictable. Gurdy's red lumps were WAY tougher and took some real effort to kill. Gurdy also seems to have a ton of HP. The after-boss items were new, I think. I do not remember one, but one was called Caffeine Pill and the other was some sort of photo which increased tears and gave Isaac a very sad face. They're new and much more interesting than lipsticks, panties, or wire coat hangers (ugh.)

FLOORS

The floor transitions and such are nice.

The new 2x1 and 2x2 rooms are great, but you can get swarmed if you act careless.

I've also encountered rocks with bombs in them, which means they explode when a bomb goes off near them. I have not seen any blue rocks. As for new room types, I've only encountered a room with two locks, but could not find a second key, so it's a mystery what's inside.

MUSIC & SFX

Music's great! From the creepy Caves track to the beautiful main menu theme, the soundtrack, unlike the SFX, is incredible.

My biggest qualm about the game right now is the voice Isaac makes when he takes damage: It sounds unnatural and childish. The creature voices (especially Monstro's) are not too good either.

GRAPHICS

The default filter is pretty awesome. I like the new style. The menus and such look very pixelated, but the game itself has its own ambience. I like the new lighting effects and such as well, and the new projectiles.

All in all...

THE GOOD: Music, Graphics, Gameplay, Interface

THE BAD: "Snaky Snaky", SFX

9.5/10 so far

Arr hair Spec ops : the line.

Where's my money for binding of isaac?

Uh how neat, thanks. That's good to know, got anything good so far?

Lets see...I've gotten Dead Rising 2 and DR2: Case Zero, Sleeping Dogs, Dead Island, Toy Soldiers: Cold War, Hitman: Absolution, Deadlight, Dust: An Elysian Trail, Saint's Row: The Third, Charlie Murder, Super Streetfighter IV Arcade Edition, Gotham City Imposters, Batman: Arkham City, BattleBlock Theater, Dishonored, Halo: Reach, Battlefield: Bad Co. 2, Darksiders II, and Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise.

Didn't really like DR2 (timed games irritate me), Sleeping Dogs was almost as good as GTA 4, didn't like Dead Island (poorly balanced L4D rip-off), Absolution isn't as good as the other Hitman games, SR3 is better on PC because it's moddable, BattleBlock Theater is a great co-op game, Arkham City is like Arkham Asylum except open-world-ish and more immersive, and Darksiders II is a good brawling-focused console game.  Haven't tried the rest yet.  Viva Piñata was twisted as hell, but was too much like FarmVille for me to really enjoy doing twisted things.

EDIT: Installing BoI: Rebirth right now, can't believe I forgot it came out.  Herp derp.  My body is ready.

EDIT x2: Just beat Mom and unlocked Cain on my first playthrough of Rebirth.  I feel very lucky.