What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

I fixed the ME1 issue. Had to patch the game and use a little trick to make it work with Origin client. Not too bad.

Well, this is better than Dead Space, where EA left a bug that changed the difficulty settings of save files randomly from Hard to Medium and Dead Space 2 where initially the equipment that was supposed to unlock after finishing the game did not, and to "fix" that, they made a patch that made every weapon and armor in Dead Space 2 available from the beginning of the game instead.

It's as if, like, EA was full of console peasants that hated the PC master race, or something.

(P.S: All these issues are PC only)

Yeah, I suppose fans like myself are fairly uncommon. Personally, I liked the newer games more because the characters had more depth and the plot was more interesting. Kite's a pretty iconic character in the franchise, and Black Rose was really cool too, but I just didn't feel as attached to them. I will acknowledge that the quadrilogy did have more development for the setting and established the key foundation for The World, but GU still adds a good amount to the setting as well.

I like GU better for about the same reasons along with the fact that it tied well with its predecessor series as well as Sign. Though I will say the original series had better tie in material such as the light novels from Black Rose's perspective and the manga version of Legend of the Twilight. It's one of the few cases where it felt rewarding to check them out rather than a chore like with some other game series tie ins. Also I consider Sign to be better than Roots was mainly because the characters were more interesting to follow while with Roots you could cut out a large portion of the first half of it as the only characters that mattered were the ones who would show up in GU (technically Philo showed up too).

Restarted playing through Bioshock 2. I still suck at FPS as I always did, but I didn't die in the first half hour of the game... I think.

It's so easy if you get the Drill Lurker, Fountain of Youth and Natural Camouflage tonics.  Seriously, the game just stops being a challenge when you get them.  So broken.

Bought Mass Effect 1. Right off the bat, I've needed to fix a critical issue- namely, the game not launching.

Get your shit together EA

EA: "What shit?  We're fine, it's you that's screwed up.  I mean, you don't even like Day-One DLC; what's up with that?"

Began Disgea 4: A Promise Revisited last night. Interesting enough, even though I'm not done with the tutorials yet. 

Do you have experience with the previous iterations? I'm curious as to how it stacks up to the rest of the series

Rented The Last of Us 2 days ago. So I've been trying to beat it before the end of the week. And allow me to just say.

The hype is real.

If you own an Xbox or PS3, don't turn this game down. I'm going to buy it right after I return my rented copy. This is definetly going to replace something in my top 5 favorite games. The story is amazingly crafted and the writing is superb in comparison to games within the same genre. And the gameplay, oh god the gameplay. I've never been so tense playing a game. And oh my god, a modern AAA title where death isn't inconsiquential. The stealth is an absolute must and it makes sneaking around infected so suspenseful. Mixed with how well-made and atmospheric the locations are its a truly intense experience. The first night I rented the game. I had to take a break 2 hours in because I felt like I was going to go into shock. I had a deep pressure in my chest that didn't go away for a few hours after. As someone who doesn't enjoy alot of AAA games. I'm glad to see The Last of Us is around to put my mind at ease, and remind me that the gaming market isn't quite stagnant yet. And I'm sad that I didn't play this game until now.

Rented The Last of Us 2 days ago. So I've been trying to beat it before the end of the week. And allow me to just say.

The hype is real.

If you own an Xbox or PS3, don't turn this game down. I'm going to buy it right after I return my rented copy. This is definetly going to replace something in my top 5 favorite games. The story is amazingly crafted and the writing is superb in comparison to games within the same genre. And the gameplay, oh god the gameplay. I've never been so tense playing a game. And oh my god, a modern AAA title where death isn't inconsiquential. The stealth is an absolute must and it makes sneaking around infected so suspenseful. Mixed with how well-made and atmospheric the locations are its a truly intense experience. The first night I rented the game. I had to take a break 2 hours in because I felt like I was going to go into shock. I had a deep pressure in my chest that didn't go away for a few hours after. As someone who doesn't enjoy alot of AAA games. I'm glad to see The Last of Us is around to put my mind at ease, and remind me that the gaming market isn't quite stagnant yet. And I'm sad that I didn't play this game until now.

Oh god yes. I remember being a little excited last year when I had my pre-order payed off. Once that game came out? Played at least 8 hours in one sitting. Really good atmosphere, good characters, action is great, the crafting/looting system is great. Never really touched on Multiplayer when I had it, but it's definitely one of the best Single Player's I've played.

Do you have experience with the previous iterations? I'm curious as to how it stacks up to the rest of the series

A little bit of Disgea 1. I sort of forgot about it though. 

The hype is real.

Oh god yes. I remember being a little excited last year when I had my pre-order payed off. Once that game came out? Played at least 8 hours in one sitting. Really good atmosphere, good characters, action is great, the crafting/looting system is great. Never really touched on Multiplayer when I had it, but it's definitely one of the best Single Player's I've played.

As someone who pre-ordered The Last of Us, I was kind of let down. Sure it had moments, and was a pretty game, but it gets kind of stale and the story is all downhill after the prologue. And don't get me started on that shitty ending. 

Well I've started playing Terraria...I wonder how long it will take me to get bored of it...

I found the game extremely addicting once you got the hang of how it works, but as soon as you hit hard mode it felt more brutal than it needed to be.  (I let my world get corrupted wayyyyy too much)

A little bit of Disgea 1. I sort of forgot about it though. 

As someone who pre-ordered The Last of Us, I was kind of let down. Sure it had moments, and was a pretty game, but it gets kind of stale and the story is all downhill after the prologue. And don't get me started on that shitty ending. 

And don't get me started on that shitty ending. 

I actually just beat the game not even an hour ago.

I really liked the ending. I'm glad that Naughty Dog had some balls and actually decided to make their main character do something scummy. I don't necessarily think the person the player is taking control of needs to be a "hero" in the traditional sense. Joel did something really selfish and basically doomed mankind in the process. Which makes him a hero to Ellie, not a hero to mankind. But to be honest, as the story went on, I didn't really care that much for mankind by the end of it. The world had already gone to shit and the people in it were even more cruel and heartless than the infected. In the end all I cared about was Joel and Ellie's happiness. And while I will say It was surprising that Joel basically lied to Ellie's face in the final cutscene. It's how the saying goes: "Ignorance is bliss" so as long as they're happy, I'm content, and more importantly; convinced that the hours I spent watching Ellie and Joel go on their journey was worth it.

I like a game that plays with my expectations. The Last of Us is definitely bumping something off my top 5, and I'm gonna buy it after I return my rented copy.

Disgea 4 is a lot of fun, but I really need to get better at it, or grind my levels higher to just brute force my way through the game. No gameovers yet, but my lower level members keep getting KO'd way too easily. 

Racking up enough points to reincarnate is key.  Just don't do everyone at once or you'll get stuck and have to spend hours grinding.