What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

As someone who has never played the series, I've been really tempted to pick it up on Steam. There's just so many games this month, I know it will be awhile before I'll get into it.

I don't know anything about the quality of the porting job, but it was easily one of my favorite games on the PS3. Can't recomend it enough.

Finally finished the Hebijo story mode for Senran Kagura; really enjoyed this mode as it really was surprising how it managed to do everything the Hanzo mode did alot better, especially the character development parts (kind of a tie between Yomi and Hikage's that I like best). Really can't wait to try out Shinovi versus (currently downloading Bon Appetit to my Vita and it's taking a while) and I'm really hoping Xseed announces the second game's localization soon.

Finally finished the Hebijo story mode for Senran Kagura; really enjoyed this mode as it really was surprising how it managed to do everything the Hanzo mode did alot better, especially the character development parts (kind of a tie between Yomi and Hikage's that I like best). Really can't wait to try out Shinovi versus (currently downloading Bon Appetit to my Vita and it's taking a while) and I'm really hoping Xseed announces the second game's localization soon.

Agreed on all points (especially Hikage).  Sadly I won't be playing it till Christmas but it's tied with first thing to play along with Persona Q. 

Agreed on all points (especially Hikage).  Sadly I won't be playing it till Christmas but it's tied with first thing to play along with Persona Q.

I'm really happy that the SMT series, Persona in particular, is getting so much attention these days. Especially considering it looked like the whole Atlus brand was going under with Index for a bit. Im just terrified that it may turn into another FF series if it gets too succesful.

I'm really happy that the SMT series, Persona in particular, is getting so much attention these days. Especially considering it looked like the whole Atlus brand was going under with Index for a bit. Im just terrified that it may turn into another FF series if it gets too succesful.

I do love it but it really is time to move on.   I'm not sure how all feel about another Persona 4 spin-off.  Also, now owned by Sega, things could easily take a turn for the worse. 

BTW, it seems that Persona Q is going to be around 60 hours per side, depending on difficulty.  And since the stories branch off after the fourth dungeon, that means there's probably a significant enough difference to warrant playing both of them.   So that's 120 hours......

Shinovi Vs. is 30 hours tops....yea, playing that first. 

Started playing Shinovi Versus and started with the new characters with Gessen's story. A bit odd that there's two separate chapter storylines and I've quickly discovered it's probably better storywise to play the main story chapters first as in the character focused story chapters I've had Yumi interact familiarly with characters she hasn't even met yet in the main story. Plus in the character chapters there's no break between missions without aborting, the moment you finish one you're automatically taken to the next one

Battle system wise SV is similar enough to Burst's except it's not a side scroller anymore. Kind of makes one on one fights more challenging since after moving a bit you need to adjust the camera to keep an eye on your opponent. Also discovered in this game it's best to keep your shinobi transformation as a trump card.

( i tend to devote 10+ hours in a sitting towards rpgs of this caliber).

I think most gamers have that moment where you realize you've just commited silly hours playing one game in a single sitting.

I do love it but it really is time to move on.

Are you not gonna touch PS5 when it comes out then? Im not sure if Im gonna touch any of these spinoffs, but I still plan on playing PS5 when it comes out.

I wish download will be even faster.... :)

BF0EgeS.png

Ewwww, Uplay.  Haven't bought a Ubi game since Far Cry 3, and I can't exactly say I'm sad about that.  *cough cough Assassin's Creed Unity cough cough*

Snarkiness aside, I'm basically playing single-player games like BoI: Rebirth, Skyrim and SR IV until Shadow of Mordor is done downloading.  I've downloaded 20.5/34.9 GB.  The wait is killing me  :/  I attempted to do the Purist challenge in Rebirth...not as easy as I thought it would be.

Ewwww, Uplay.  Haven't bought a Ubi game since Far Cry 3, and I can't exactly say I'm sad about that.  *cough cough Assassin's Creed Unity cough cough*

Snarkiness aside, I'm basically playing single-player games like BoI: Rebirth, Skyrim and SR IV until Shadow of Mordor is done downloading.  I've downloaded 20.5/34.9 GB.  The wait is killing me  :/  I attempted to do the Purist challenge in Rebirth...not as easy as I thought it would be.

I guess I should finish Spec Ops The Line, so I'm reinstalling it right now, hopefully my progress was not wiped. .

Highly recommend Spec Ops, it's a great game in the sense that your actions actually have consequences, and it really starts screwing with your mind towards the end.  Won't spoil anything, but...ugh.  Some of the scenes made me feel like a horrible person, and I've never felt that way playing a shooter before, aside from story-driven non-military shooters.

Watch Dogs flop, Assassin's Creed Unity flop, Assassin's Creed Rogue flop, Far Cry 4 a bit flop.

Basically Ubisoft is turning into EA.

Pretty much.  They've acted worse than EA in several ways now; at least EA's game are playable, if repetitive and generally unimaginative.