What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Well, I beat F.E.A.R., and started playing F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin, and I'm pretty disappointed.  They turned it into a generic FPS, took out quicksaving and leaning around corners, and decided to go for a standard horror approach (jump scares and lotsa gore) instead of unsettling, creepy hallucinations.

The game looks great, though.  Can't deny that.  Gonna beat it anyway, even though it's a little disappointing, since I paid money for it.

Wow.  Just got to the elementary school level in F.E.A.R. 2.  My God, that was terrifying.  They make you rely on the flashlight by making readily available for long periods of time, but they make you unable to use it in a pitch-black, blood-soaked room, with only flashes of light from malfunctioning lights to help you tell your way.  Ghosts, Alma, angry noises...man, that...that was scary.  So glad when I finally got out of there.  It may not be much like the original F.E.A.R., but Monolith did their homework on making horror games.

So basically F.E.A.R. 2 decides to show you rising levels of horror, from generic to scary?

And thanks for spoiling that little tidbit, I was planning to play it sometime.

How is that spoiling?  Alma is in the entire game, there's blood in every level, and the flashlight bugs out constantly after you play for more than the first few sections.  All I said that could be considered spoilers is that part of the game is scary...

How is that spoiling?  Alma is in the entire game, there's blood in every level, and the flashlight bugs out constantly after you play for more than the first few sections.  All I said that could be considered spoilers is that part of the game is scary...

I think he was trying to make a joke... and I think he's forgetting about Poe's law.

Divinity:Original Sin has shifted 160,000 copies mere days after it was released. So a big FU to all the publishers out there who thought isometric old school RPGs with complexity, tons of text, and a turn based combat system would never sell. Because not only is Divinity going to be a financial success, it's going to be remembered as one of the greatest CRPGs in recent history.

Rooke out.

How is it? I had my eye on this but still on the fence. I love the turn based combat in titles such as Final Fantasy Tactics, Valkyria Chronicles and even JRPGs. I however don't like Bioware's combat system that is actually real-time with pause (Yes, I'm one of those RPG souls who never got into Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights or Dragon Age).

Whoa, just joking around! Chill, man.

How is it? I had my eye on this but still on the fence. I love the turn based combat in titles such as Final Fantasy Tactics, Valkyria Chronicles and even JRPGs. I however don't like Bioware's combat system that is actually real-time with pause (Yes, I'm one of those RPG souls who never got into Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights or Dragon Age).

I know what you mean. I wasn't able to properly enjoy Chrono Trigger because of that ridiculous battle system...

Well, I beat F.E.A.R., and started playing F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin, and I'm pretty disappointed.  They turned it into a generic FPS, took out quicksaving and leaning around corners, and decided to go for a standard horror approach (jump scares and lotsa gore) instead of unsettling, creepy hallucinations.

The game looks great, though.  Can't deny that.  Gonna beat it anyway, even though it's a little disappointing, since I paid money for it.

If you found F.E.A.R. 2 to be disappointing, I wouldn't play the third installment.  By far the worst of the 3 in gameplay but best in graphical fidelity.

If you found F.E.A.R. 2 to be disappointing, I wouldn't play the third installment.  By far the worst of the 3 in gameplay but best in graphical fidelity.

OK as a horror game yeah it was a fail. As an awesome co-op shooter with a creepy setting and you get to play with powers it was flippin' awesome, IMO.

The campaign felt way too short for me to enjoy the co-op.  I feel as if they focused much more on the multiplayer and made the single/co-op as a side note.

I myself prefer fun and short campaigns when it comes to anything other than VN or JRPG's so it was fun with for at the very least.

I found a save file on Twilight Princess and decided to finish that up the other day. I lost some save progress since my parents decided to turn off the power without warning me first.  <_<

I'm also playing Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, I got the collector's edition but I haven't really played it because of school.

Yeah...looked up the plot synopsis, since I heard it was the crappiest...man, that was weak.  It's like they stopped even trying to make it interesting.  I'm not into generic shooters, so I don't plan on ever buying F.E.A.R. 3.  I vowed to never play another CoD game again, and from what I've heard, it pretty much plays like CoD, aside from the second co-op character.

Whoa, just joking around! Chill, man.

Sorry, I, like most people I know, have a really hard time telling when people are joking around or being sarcastic through text.  That's one of the reasons I refuse to text, actually, and try to avoid IMing.  I always put [/sarcasm] after a sarcastic sentence in posts so people won't take me seriously.  Won't make that mistake again.

decided to give dark souls a play through. currently going through blight town, i forgot how much i hate this place.

On the 360, PS3, or PC?  I have it on the 360 and PC, but I'm waiting to play it until I can get a wired 360 controller for my PC.  My wireless controller has the battery capacity of a shriveled potato.  It's quite pathetic; it lasts less than 5 minutes before it needs to be plugged in again.

Sorry, I, like most people I know, have a really hard time telling when people are joking around or being sarcastic through text.  That's one of the reasons I refuse to text, actually, and try to avoid IMing.  I always put [/sarcasm] after a sarcastic sentence in posts so people won't take me seriously.  Won't make that mistake again.

Hmm. I have been wondering about that. Oh well, I'll just put something at the end like you do.

Well, I'm guessing that was done to heighten the fear factor, since now you've lost a basic ability and have to rely on luck to get you through. Bad choice, dudes.

No idea what Monolith was thinking.  The way it plays almost feels like it was made by a different developer.

For one thing, the F.E.A.R. storyline conflicts with the F.E.A.R. 2 storyline, so maybe, just maybe, they changed up staff or something. Not a conspiracy, just a secret staff change. And maybe, just maybe, this new staff doesn't know how to code for shit.

For one thing, the F.E.A.R. storyline conflicts with the F.E.A.R. 2 storyline, so maybe, just maybe, they changed up staff or something. Not a conspiracy, just a secret staff change. And maybe, just maybe, this new staff doesn't know how to code for shit.

Not exactly, F.E.A.R. 2 is a direct sequel to F.E.A.R. after the first interval.  As far as story is concerned it's just from a different perspective.