Logic behind your recommendations

Clephas

Game Recommendations Logic  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How do you choose the games you recommend to others?

• I love it!
    • I tailor it to the one making the request
    • I recommend by genre and concept
    • other (please explain)

This poll is closed to new votes

Also voted all three... there are some things that I think are too good to not recommend, but sometimes they're not a good fit given what someone is asking. Genre and concept is a good place I start when making a recommendation, but it's also per what the person asking likes.

The best way to recommend something, is to generally start with the the other persons preferences and to know exactly what he/she wants, and then progress from there.

Just because you love it, doesn't mean that the other person will love it too, so it's generally best to just ask him/her a lot of questions to make sure that you get the "right" one.

I picked both " tailor it to the one making the request", and, "other (please explain)". If someone is already into anime or VNs then I occasionally  tailor to their taste. But most people I meet aren't as into anime as I am, and I've never met anyone who was into VNs; and in this case I usually recommend what I judge as the best. My definition of best is something that is deeply though provoking, exquisitely well written and crafted, as well as enjoyable. I want to make sure people are exposed to the finest anime available similar to how a gourmet would recommend a restaurant.

• 2 weeks later...

Depend on what is person asking for, if he ask for VN that is similar to the one he already read and liked a try to give him VN that has the same feeling as that one, other times I check what that person likes and recommend something similar and if I can't do that because that person didn't give a link to his list on VNDB and didn't sad what he likes than I just recommend what I liked. But I can't recommend match VNs as I didn't read that many as I started reading them around 6 mounts ego and I read some really long ones but if someone is asking for recommendation of anime I can always recommend something as I watched alot.

• 3 weeks later...