Fall 2013 Season Talk

Down

The latest episode of Refrain highly disappointed me.

I know the series is called Refrain and that's the chapter they will focus on but to get to that they have to at least go through Rin's route which was something I as a fan was looking forward to, they did Kurugaya's in the first 3 episodes and Rin's in the next 3, however the actual most emotional part where 

Rin and Rikki run away and live together for a while as they struggle to survive

was merely reduced to 2 minutes in the credits, making me lose all my hope for romance in the series, it was really disappointing. Indeed they kept the major one where Rin is taken away to another school but even that skipped a lot of scenes. The baseball game also felt a bit lacking but I guess they were just running out of time.

I guess now we're jumping right into refrain though i feel like this is going to lack a lot..

I was wondering if I was alone feeling this, but one of my friends who also played the game said the same thing about how they crammed something that took me at least 2 or 3 hours to read into a 2 minutes montage.  Very disapointing indeed.

I was wondering if I was alone feeling this, but one of my friends who also played the game said the same thing about how they crammed something that took me at least 2 or 3 hours to read into a 2 minutes montage.  Very disapointing indeed.

I figured that Refrain was going to be fairly bad at first just because of how many episodes it was announced to have.  It had a strong beginning in the form of Kurugaya's route, but from then on, I only saw a downward trend, and I can only expect it to be worse.  I'm actually putting it on hold until it's over so I can watch it all at once and not have the feeling of "waiting to watch a bad anime" every week.

I figured that Refrain was going to be fairly bad at first just because of how many episodes it was announced to have.  It had a strong beginning in the form of Kurugaya's route, but from then on, I only saw a downward trend, and I can only expect it to be worse.  I'm actually putting it on hold until it's over so I can watch it all at once and not have the feeling of "waiting to watch a bad anime" every week.

Refrain made me like Kurugaya's route a bit more, that's it.

Everything feels like it's going downhill from now. I can't imagine the entire Refrain chapter which was so emotional and complex, crammed into 7 episodes. I'm still putting up with watching it every week but I might do the same as you did.

I actually had some hopes for it as it was the best chapter in the entire damn novel, I thought the only thing the first season was lacking was romance and i thought the 2nd one would be pretty good and complete that, but nope, now the first season completely tops the second one in every aspect, although it lacked romance the story and every route was there and it was damn emotional, i cried twice.

Now i tear from yawning~

Refrain made me like Kurugaya's route a bit more, that's it.

Everything feels like it's going downhill from now. I can't imagine the entire Refrain chapter which was so emotional and complex, crammed into 7 episodes. I'm still putting up with watching it every week but I might do the same as you did.

I actually had some hopes for it as it was the best chapter in the entire damn novel, I thought the only thing the first season was lacking was romance and i thought the 2nd one would be pretty good and complete that, but nope, now the first season completely tops the second one in every aspect, although it lacked romance the story and every route was there and it was damn emotional, i cried twice.

Now i tear from yawning~

I actually say that the first few episodes of Refrain were better than the first season altogether, mainly because I read the novel first before watching the anime, and could say at every point where they could have done better.  I say the first few episodes of Refrain were better, because they did Kurugaya's route DAMN NEAR PERFECTLY as an anime adaptation, or pretty damn close.  I DARE anybody to say they made a good adaptation of Kud's route, I was actually pissed off at that.

So what would everyones top 3 recs for this season be so far?

#1 For me would have to probably be Machine Doll.  It's kept my attention and excitement very high throughout the entire thing so far.

#2 Would be Log Horizon, mainly because, it's good.  I just like it, it's not trying to be something it's not, it's not diverting away from the story just to make me laugh 90% of the time.  Bluntly put, it's just damn good.

#3 In a competition between Strike the Blood and Galilei Donna, it's Galilei Donna.  I was immediately surprised at how good it was in the beginning, and it has constantly impressed me with it's story and characters.  I cannot wait to see how it plays out in the future.

#1 Kill La Kill.  I was actualy looking forward to Kyoukai no Kanata more, but this show easily stole the spotlight.  Very entertaining every week, and the animation is a joy to look at.

#2 Gingitsune.  My emotional anime of the season I guess.  I wasn't sure what to expect at first, but I really like it so far.

#3 Kyoukai no Kanata.  I'm still not sure if I like it more than Log Horizon, but the animation and Kuriyama's cuteness won me over for now.

#1 Kill la Kill. Definitely. Might end up my AOTY if it keeps up.

#2 Diamond no Ace. Really good baseball anime.

#3 Gingitsune, heartwarming slice of life. 

I would have thrown Galilei Donna in this but it keeps disappointing me recently...

For me it would be

1 Kill la Kill (It's kept me laughing and excited every single episode, I feel like i'm a little kid again watching over the top fights and mindless violence)

2 Unbreakable Machine-doll (I love the concept and the characters, and Yaya<3, overall it's kept me pretty excited to see what happens next)

3 Log Horizon (Imagine SAO, minus the sappy romance and forced drama that derives from it, an actual virtual world anime that focuses on RPG elements, it's really great and Akatsuki is adorable)

You guys appear to be rating Kill la Kill pretty damn high.  I won't deny that it's good, because it is, but it just seems like it's trying too hard to get my attention, what with how Nosebleed called the "over the top fights," and the awkward plot.  The random behavior of most of the characters really turns me away from it most of the time though (Mako and her family mainly), I guess it's just my personal criticism towards it but you all have your own reasons to rate it highly.

I rate it highest  for this fall season but it's not like it's a favorite of mine of all time. Though I guess the main reason i enjoy it is the randomness as well. I mean i managed to pull through Watamote and that was painful to watch due to awkwardness. So Kill la Kill is not really an exaggeration in awkward things, it's just a bit eccetrinc. I won't deny it tries too hard, I think the main purpose was in fact trying too hard and it shows in every aspect, but i think the final result was entertaining and i always enjoy each episode thoroughly so that's why i rate it my favorite for this fall

Can't really come up with a top 3 when watching like 18 series this season. Log Horizon is probably my favorite along with the troll subs provided by DameDame subs lmao. I like it even more than SAO since SAO was too serious for my taste and I really did not like how they just added two heroines and ignored them for the rest of the series.

i added it to my list XD but i dun think anything cud top SAO (other thn ZnT) for me... 

You didn't watch the latest episode yet, did you? 

I'm not even a (name-spoiler) fan but man, that final scene ;_; 

You're scaring me now..

I'm currently downloading it.

Shall post an update after~

Edit: 

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ 

(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \) 

(ノಠ ∩ಠ)ノ彡( \o°o)\

。゚(゚ノД`゚)゚。

Done, so done

People seem to have extreme hate against SekaTsuyo in some review sites. Personally, I found it entertaining (but yeah, those awkward moans make me cringe sometimes).

As for a season favorite, I'm gonna have to go with Log Horizon, Noukome, Outbreak Company, White Album 2, and LB Refrain, tied in first place.

Log Horizon is waaaaay better than SAO in portraying an MMORPG game. Plus Shiroe is the calmest protag I've ever seen so far, and his glass-adjustment scenes make him look so badass.

Noukome genuinely makes me laugh more than KLK. I mean, KLK does make me laugh big time, but not as much as Noukome.

Outbreak Company mainly because of Miusel's, Shinichi's, and Minori's interactions with each other. Miusel x Shinichi for your sweet, sweet vanilla, and Minori x Shinichi for your epic laughs. And that recent episode. lol. How can you not laugh at Shinichi saying Eren's line word by word?

White Album 2, although the feels part is yet to come, I'm putting a personal guarantee that I'm gonna shed manly tears no thanks to ninjas chopping onions.

LB Refrain. Despite the first season's lack of things, Refrain is more than enough of a retaliation. I'm still playing the VN, so I might stall and stack episodes, but I'm sure it's gonna turn out amazing.

LB Refrain. Despite the first season's lack of things, Refrain is more than enough of a retaliation. I'm still playing the VN, so I might stall and stack episodes, but I'm sure it's gonna turn out amazing.

I feel the total opposite, LB Refrain the anime adaptation is lacking a lot more things, the routes in the first season were at least thoroughly explained and i even teared in some, this time everything was so reduced and squeezed into 3 episodes per arc, i mean Rin's route was transformed into a 2 min credit sequence and Kurugaya's was completely out of place and not explained at all, just shoved in there for the sole purpose of "covering" her route, that's kind of hurtful. I hope that the remaining of LB Refrain is at least well adapted. Watching it just seems so emotionless when compared to the novel.

Definitely agree with you on Log Horizon though, amazing MMORPG anime with a much more interesting concept rather than all the romantic drama of SAO.

Sooo I'm just gonna throw my few shows I'm watching at the minute in.

Walkure Romanze - Mainly because I was really interested in playing the visual novel when it first came out but I can't read Japanese. I have to say though the situations in the anime are fairly humorous and the fact they put a lot of legitimate plot into it does a good job at masking the fact it is a harem anime.

Outbreak Company - Great comedy anime that has good character development, and the humor is actually fairly witty. I think the thing I like the most though is the fact the director not only tries to convey a message about discrimination through the show (Which is a good message that more people should learn) but also throws in small easter egg bits of comedy if you happen to have knowledge of the director and his work.

My Mental Choices are ... ... ... Romantic Comedy - Simply put, it's funny. It's completely ridiculous, but I find it enjoyably funny.

Infinite Stratos 2 - Good combination of romance, comedy, and action. Takes me back to when I was watching Full Metal Panic.