Fall 2013 Season Talk

Down

That's not possible. Two references to Evangelion were made and I'm not even past the opening.

see, I guess I hate eva so much that I just black out when something references them, because I don't recall this at all. I caught the ninja turtles reference though, and that blew my mind.

Outbreak Company 01: In the end there weren't that much references (I didn't catch'em all though). Not sure if I'll keep watching or not, but I'm giving it a few more episodes.

Yuusha-way-too-long-title 01: And here I thought I knew how physics worked. Should have known better. Of course boobs aren't subjected to gravity and skirts naturally flip upward from time to time. 

I'll watch it if I feel like watching some ecchi. Probably dropping it soon though.

Diamond no Ace 01: Now that's a good start. Liked it a lot. Nekketsu dripping everywhere, pretty funny, seems like a good straightforward sport anime.

I give up.

I was hoping that Fall 2013 would be at least a bit better, but all I see are either sequels of a crappy series or animated variations of already-existing titles which I know for SURE will turn out to be worse than the original work. 

Looking forward to White Album 2 to a certain extent, but I can't fathom how the producers would line up the story.

Someone really needs to give me a nice slap-in-the-face with a title that's NOT overrated and is actually worth watching. 

Please.

Someone really needs to give me a nice slap-in-the-face with a title that's NOT overrated and is actually worth watching. 

This season?

Kill la Kill is so hyped that it's probably overrated, but it starts out very good. 

Kuroko S2, Ippo S3 and Diamond no Ace all are worth watching sport anime. (They're all adapted from manga though). 

Coppelion looks like it could get good too (manga adaptation again).

This season?

Kill la Kill is so hyped that it's probably overrated, but it starts out very good. 

Kuroko S2, Ippo S3 and Diamond no Ace all are worth watching sport anime. (They're all adapted from manga though). 

Coppelion looks like it could get good too (manga adaptation again).

I'll take your word for it and follow Kill la Kill. 

If it's considered good, I watch it. 

If it's overrated, I'll bash it after I watch it. 

Win-Win :D

But in all seriousness, Rokyubu SS, Kaminomi S3, and LB (main series) was a great disappointment to me, although I kinda had the highest hopes for those titles. (and explains my desperate (?) attempt to find a good title)

Sekai-long-title: You know, the thing about idols wrestling. Not even kidding. 
I thought I started a hentai at first, but actually it wasn't, so dropped.

Gingitsune 01: This is such a heartwarming slice of life. I liked the characters from the very first second they appeared on screen. This is not AOTS material but it should be really pleasant to watch. 

Gundam Build Fighters 01: Sounds fun. Neither good nor bad, but fun. I guess it would be better if I had seen more Gundam and could catch all the references though. I like game competition anime a lot, so I hope things will get thrilling later on.

Yozakura Quartet -Hana no Uta- 01: That was seriously fun. Looks like an action-fantasy/SOL anime. The characters and the story are not bad nor outstanding so far, but what really makes the cut is the good, sakuga-friendly animation. Will follow.

Meganebu 01: This episode was probably made under acid. Still, bishonens aren't my thing and derision humor don't make me laugh a lot. Dropped.

Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova episode 1

I don't know what to think, cute girls that are actually ships, a giant war between what i'm going to assume to be aliens that are ships themselves and humans? This needs a LOT of explanation. Not going to drop it because Iona looks adorable but it better explain everything properly.

Non Non Biyori episode 1

Cute girls, cute girls everywhere.

Slice of Life of fall 2013

Enough said.

Broken flute intro wins.

For a more detailed opinion: If anyone likes slice of life i'm sure this'll fit the bill, looks like a relaxing village setting wtih 4 cute girls of different ages, i think they're all elementary students though, doing cute things. Ren's cuteness level is over 9000, will definitely keep watching. My username Nosebleed sums up how i feel about this show pretty neatly.

so instead of writing out singleton reviews that are stupid short for each anime I watch, how's about I go down the list and give off the reasons why I won't be watching them, only for ryoji to show up in an hour and change my mind. (mosaic all over again.)

Ars Nova: I hate 3d animation. the animation in this one seems particularly bad. the characters jerk around too much, and move too slow. feeling unnatural probably sounds strange when describing a cartoon, but it's what I got.

Coppelion: This show seems really neat. I like how it's starting and the concept is kind of cool. unfortunately, I have a really good feeling I know where it's going and if I see that it's going in that general direction, i'm probably not going to finish. it's one of those "god I hate being right all the time" kind of shows.

Diamond no Ace: I don't like sports shows. won't even bother.

Gingitsune: I really didn't like the first episode. I tried to, but I didn't. I have hope for the future though, and will watch the next few just in case it ends up being amazing. nothing expected but regret.

Golden Time: The description has me at a loss, haven't watched it yet.

IS2: I haven't watched it yet, going to marathon s1 before I get into this as I don't really remember what's going on.

Kill la Kill: This show is fantastic. it's like watching someone having a really bad drug trip while you yourself are having a really good drug trip. not that I know what that's like or anything, I can only assume that's an accurate description. will watch.

Kyoukai no Kanata: If the girl with glasses had a pony tail as well, I may have had a moe overdose. will watch in hopes this someday happens. also the plot doesn't seem that bad.

Log Horizon: insert obligatory biased statement regarding the possible similarities between this and sword art online, this and .hack, and this and any other anime along the same lines plot wise. that aside, seems neat. will watch.

Magi S2: Morgiana :lol:

Megane Bu: Didn't watch Free!, won't watch this. i'm good. (obligatory "yep. it's a yaoi" despite it probably not being a yaoi.)

Nagi no Asakura: About all I can say is "well, at least the scenery is pretty..." the story didn't really grab me. i'll watch to episode 3 before potentially dropping.

Non Non Biyori: Watching now.

Outbreak Company: Probably my favorite thus far this season. I found it hilarious. don't care what you guys thought to the contrary. doubt it's going to end as well as I hope it does, but so far i'm loving it.

Sekai De Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!: haven't watched, no thoughts.

Strike the Blood: Haven't watched, no thoughts.

Yuusha ni Very Long Name: I get the feeling it's trying really hard to be Maou-San, but has far too much fan service to ever be as good. The old man and his light bulbs though... If only I had his courage. Will Watch.

if I didn't list it, it's not on anime season and I may have watched on eye and just completely forgot it excisted.

Order from high expectations to very low for the ones I've seen so far:

1.  Log Horizon:  I am NOT comparing it to Sword Art Online and refuse to do so.  Log Horizon is just. plain. GOOD.  It started in a great way, introduced great characters right away, and even gave a proper backstory to the main character(s?).  Started off the show very nicely and I'm extremely excited for it.

2.  Unbreakable Machine Doll:  THIS.  THIS.  Completely blindsided me as to how good it was going to be.  I thought it was going to be a simple comedy, but WOW was I wrong.  That first episode blew me away.  Especially with Yaya  :wub: 

3.  Little Busters!  Refrain:  I was extremely worried how Little Busters was going to be done after watching that first season.  I played the game a LONG time ago and didn't feel as if the anime was done very well at first.  But with Refrain, turned my opinion around completely.  Kurugaya's scene alone has me extremely happy with it.

4.  Arpeggio of Blue Steel:  Ars Nova:  I love the animation.  Everything done in CG except the background art is a very nice change of pace, and I'm really looking forward to this story, highly intriguing.

5.  Kill la Kill:  I was not expecting much, completely honest here.  One of those "you can't judge a book by it's cover" situations.  I love the art, I love the seiyuus, and I love the animation.  Just need to wait for more episodes to get a real feel for it now.

6.  Outbreak Company:  Every now and then a good comedy like this is nice.  It started off in a rather nice fashion and since last season was filled with things I don't like watching every single day, this adds a nice feel to the rest of the lineup this season.

7.  Infinite Stratos 2:  Ok, yeah I know, It's Infinite Stratos.  I just want more Laura.  SUE ME.

8.  Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita (MOTHER OF GOD):  At this point, a fanservice anime.  Nothing against it, but I do like Phino.  I really want to see how it gets at the halfway point.

9.  Strike the Blood:  A little disappointed in this.  The only thing it has going for it is a little bit of action, and Himeragi.  Just have to wait and see. 

10.  Golden Time:  Very rarely I will watch a romantic comedy.  Because I enjoy VERY FEW of them.  Right now I'm merely expecting it to be a flop, but will still watch it in the hopes that it will get decent.  If not, I'll just read spoiler for it.

I also watched Coppellion, but I don't know what to think of it from this first episode, it looks good but I don't know where I would put it for myself.

The shows I'm going to stick with this season so far :  Kyoukai no Kanata, Kill la Kill, Little Busters! Refrain.

Shows I've already dropped : Nagi no Asukara, Coppelion.

Shows I've grabbed but have yet to watch : Golden Time, Log Horizon, Higurashi Outbreak OVA(that's from this season right?), Walkure Romanze, Gingitsune.

Kyoukai no Kanata is probably the one I'm most interested in at the moment, though Kill la Kill and Refrain look just as good.  Glasses girl is pretty darn cute, and I find her clumsy side just adorable.  Refrain has been pretty obvious with the hints, for those who've already read the VN, I'm looking forward to see how it'll turn out.

One of my friends from a forum I used to visit over ten years ago has written an interesting analysis of the first episode of Kill la Kill. http://snubpollard.tumblr.com/post/63335089547/kill-la-kill-ep-1-i-suppose-the-first-and-most

edit :  I enjoyed the first episode of Log Horizon, so I'm going to continue watching for now.

so instead of writing out singleton reviews that are stupid short for each anime I watch, how's about I go down the list and give off the reasons why I won't be watching them, only for ryoji to show up in an hour and change my mind. (mosaic all over again.)

*Thumps the Ryoji signal*

Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru Episode 1:

(Long title for the win)

So many adorable characters. Looks like we have ourselves another loli teacher, does this remind you of anyone?

Overall concept was pretty interesting and everything was pretty humurous for a first episode.

I'm expecting the next Hentai Ouji where an absolute force has power over the protagonist. This is probably going to turn into a harem that won't go anywhere but at least it's pretty funny, it's only going to have 10 episodes anyway so i don't expect some deep plot, will keep watching because it has too many moe points.

Unbreakable Machine-doll Episode 1

I liked the art in particular for some reason, i think all the brightness just gives off a different vibe.

I'm happy it wasn't too filled with fanservice (though it was censored) it wasn't like Highschool DxD where there's breats and panties everywhere and even the censorship wasn't too heavy to annoy the viewer.

I like the concept of puppeteers controlling dolls that can either be human or non human like and using them to battle.

Not sure what's teh story behind all that but i'm hoping they'll explain it later on.

The action wasn't too over the top so far but looks like we'll meet our antagonist on the next episode who seems to have done something to the protagonist we don't know yet. 

Yaya is too perverted for her looks but at the same time her power level was something.. it looks like the protagonist is going to be "that guy who gets looked down upon by most people but is actually the strongest" type of guy. 

Either way i'm picking Yaya for best loli of fall 2013.

I'm looking forward for what they come up with next.

Log horizon is pretty good, it jokes on some of the tropes and shoes some promise, especially having far less mary-sues than the series that must-not-be-named.

Mechanical doll might be good, there are some interesting design choices, Yaya is adorable andtsundere girl has a nice at. But it's based on a light novel, so it might never have an ending.

Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru Episode 1:

(Long title for the win)

So many adorable characters. Looks like we have ourselves another loli teacher, does this remind you of anyone?

Overall concept was pretty interesting and everything was pretty humurous for a first episode.

I'm expecting the next Hentai Ouji where an absolute force has power over the protagonist. This is probably going to turn into a harem that won't go anywhere but at least it's pretty funny, it's only going to have 10 episodes anyway so i don't expect some deep plot, will keep watching because it has too many moe points.

Unbreakable Machine-doll Episode 1

I liked the art in particular for some reason, i think all the brightness just gives off a different vibe.

I'm happy it wasn't too filled with fanservice (though it was censored) it wasn't like Highschool DxD where there's breats and panties everywhere and even the censorship wasn't too heavy to annoy the viewer.

I like the concept of puppeteers controlling dolls that can either be human or non human like and using them to battle.

Not sure what's teh story behind all that but i'm hoping they'll explain it later on.

The action wasn't too over the top so far but looks like we'll meet our antagonist on the next episode who seems to have done something to the protagonist we don't know yet. 

Yaya is too perverted for her looks but at the same time her power level was something.. it looks like the protagonist is going to be "that guy who gets looked down upon by most people but is actually the strongest" type of guy. 

Either way i'm picking Yaya for best loli of fall 2013.

I'm looking forward for what they come up with next.

censorship always get on my nerves, it gives a half-hearted feeling that i can't take, i'll probably watch it anyways, and i didn't expect machine-doll to be a pervy series since the art seems sorta serious

censorship always get on my nerves, it gives a half-hearted feeling that i can't take, i'll probably watch it anyways, and i didn't expect machine-doll to be a pervy series since the art seems sorta serious

That's what i thought too but when i saw the ecchi tag i was already expecting the next DxD, thankfully it does NOT focus on fanservice that much and i think the story can get serious, not much was revealed in the first episode and even the fanservice they had wasn't too over the top (eg: Top slipping, occasional panty shots) and aside from that Yaya's pervertedness, i'm hoping it gets darker in the future.

I tried watching ore no nounai. I finished the episode, and I can't say I enjoyed it as much as I thought I was going to. it took what I thought was a really neato idea and beat it into the ground. not to mention the first 8 minutes had nothing to do with anything other than "Choices Matter!". it was slapstick for the sake of slapstick and fell off that ball almost immediately, which I assume is because it can't be easy to balance when you're beating a dead horse with the remains of another dead horse.

suffice to say, I am very disappointed with the first episode.

Does blazblue count as a VN?

The first episode was pretty loyal, the animation is pretty mediocre (especially considering the games), but the soundtrack makes up for it, I see they don't even bother to hide the fact about

You-know-who is evil and the time loop.

I wonder if they'll go the higurashi route (arcs withe different characters) or just go with a common route and cramming everything into it.

Also They don't yell their moves in combat.... would have been badass to shout BLOOD KAIN.

Edit: Don't miss the joke after the credits.

is no one interested in kyousougiga? i got a good feeling from it

The first OVA had great animation and a nice entertaining feeling to it, but pretty much nothing made sense... But I gotta admit, with the first episode of the TV series, now it all makes sense. So yeah, it could get good.