Fall 2013 Season Talk

Down

Galileo Donna for AoTS. I will fight you if you say otherwise!

I can't give a huge opinion on it unfortunately, not after just one episode.  "Flying fighter fish GO!!!"  Was the first thing that came to mind.  I don't particularly like the characters' personalities but I do like the art and animation.

I can't give a huge opinion on it unfortunately, not after just one episode.  "Flying fighter fish GO!!!"  Was the first thing that came to mind.  I don't particularly like the characters' personalities but I do like the art and animation.

I was exaggerating, but it just seems like it's going to be an overall fun show, like Gatchaman Crowds last season.  The Flying Fighter Fish might be enough to make it my favorite though.

If I was playing favorites I would have to go into several different areas.

Favorite girl of the season would be Yaya (Unbreakable Machine Doll)

Favorite animation would be Arpeggio of Blue Steel

Favorite story (so far) would be Log Horizon
Favorite humor would be Kill la Kill.

Shhhh, join us at the Church of the Flying Fighter Fish. We shall lead the world to true peace and prosperity.

Kill la Kill is going to be a ton of fun based off the first couple of episodes. Whatever that KyoAni show is called is pretty good too. Or, at least its pretty. Still not sure about good. I'm only watching three at this point. Waiting on Pupa to air one day. Hopefully soon. 

Shhhh, join us at the Church of the Flying Fighter Fish. We shall lead the world to true peace and prosperity.

Kill la Kill is going to be a ton of fun based off the first couple of episodes. Whatever that KyoAni show is called is pretty good too. Or, at least its pretty. Still not sure about good. I'm only watching three at this point. Waiting on Pupa to air one day. Hopefully soon. 

I completely forgot about Pupa  :o 

I've wanted to watch a really good Horror anime for a while now.

I completely forgot about Pupa  :o 

I've wanted to watch a really good Horror anime for a while now.

Glad to see someone's excited about this as well, there's such a lack of good horror anime, at least in my opinion. I have high expectations for Pupa both animation and story wise.

I've been eagerly waiting for Pupa as well.  It was one of the very few shows that sparked my interest when I first looked at the season's chart.

Kyoukai no Kanata and Kill la Kill continue to be entertaining.  I also watched a few new shows.  Gingitsune looks pretty interesting, I'm going to continue watching for now.  Walkure Romanze I dropped before finishing the episode, it looked boring as hell.

So far it seems I'll be sticking with a few more weekly shows that I usualy do.

i think mirai nikki was a decent  horror, i didn't finish it though, i found the manga better.

I don't think Mirai Nikki is a horror, it's more of a psychological thriller with a crazy yandere. Horror is more like Shinsekai Yori or Shiki.

Judging by the PV, Studio Deen seems to have sunk a lot of money into it. Hopefully it pans out. Manga people seem excited. 

I didn't know this, i have even higher expectations now, please present us with an amazing dark story and beautiful animation. 

has anyone tried nagi no asakura? i've thinking of watching it but i'm not really sure.

I'm watching it and I'm enjoying it to some extent, not my favorite this season though.

What i like most about it is the art

What i dislike the most is the short tempered protagonist, hopefully he gets a grip in the future

What it's about, well it's not that clear yet but i sense a giant dramatic love story will happen as there's several feelings of love between the characters, like a giant love polygon and i think it's bound to turn into drama. So far not much has happened though, you make a judgement yourself though.

The setting: Some humans live under the sea and others live on the surface but the ones on the surface can't go under the sea although the sea people can go on the surface, 4 students from the sea go to a school on the surface and this is where the story starts.

I think I had the same reaction, I could feel a shiver down my spine.  I avoided saying anything along with the video to preserve the "surprise" factor.  Those sound effects... :wacko:

Indeed, heavily looking forward to it.

In other news, saw Refrain ep. 3 today, I think they're doing a pretty good job with it for the most part.  I however also found out how many episodes Refrain will have...

I am watching over 15+ series this season. This is probably the first time I've watched so many airing at once but theres a lot to watch this season :3

My top picks are Log Horizon/Kyoukai no Kanata/Kill la Kill

i'm only watching 12 and monogatari, it's been a while since i picked this many up, but i think i picked up more in Summer and Fall 2012

and my attention is in Golden Time and Kyousougiga.

log horizon seems like a fun anime but i don't believe it is going to be more than that, Kyokai seems good but they haven't shown us what they really got, and kill la kill is an oddball

So, I somehow managed to get myself out of Muv-Luv Alt long enough to finally watch an episode of the new season. Let's get this topic started, since new -and promising- stuff is going to air massively these following days.

Kill La Kill 01: So far up to the hype I had: it's fucking amazing.

Everything in this screams "who the fuck cares". The OST is god tier, the VAs are great (Damn, Ryuko's voice O_O), backgrounds are good enough to be worth mentioning contrary to 95% of the time, and of course animation is over the top. Although they probably didn't give it their all yet. 

Tons of fun.

That's only the first episode, it has yet to make its proofs, but that's a hell of a good way to start.

Well, now, if you'll excuse me, I still have some MLA awesomess to discover before I go further into all this new anime stuff.

Let's not forget that this anime is from the same people who made Gurren Lagaan.

Let's not forget that this anime is from the same people who made Gurren Lagaan.

Indeed it is. I try to not compare it too much to TTGL because it's just not the same kind of over the top, but quality is to be expected.

They're also the guys who did Panty&Stocking with Garterbelt, and the influence is also there.