Fall 2013 Season Talk

Down

Just saw this Pupa trailer :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwRWZR1ChYE

God i'm so looking forward to Pupa, even more after seeing the PVs. The anime industry needs more horror masterpieces and i have high expectations for Pupa. There's no airing date yet it's just scheduled for October, no day, well there's only 11 days the most to wait.

Only have time to watching 3 series right now with full-time work, working on my master's degree and other hobbies (Fantasy football, programming)

Walkure Romanze

Infinite Stratos 2

Golden Time

I more or less know what is going to happen in the series with either reading the light novels or playing the eroge, but still enjoying the series. Not anything considered masterpieces, but still nice to sit on the couch and watch.

Only have time to watching 3 series right now with full-time work, working on my master's degree and other hobbies (Fantasy football, programming)

Walkure Romanze

Infinite Stratos 2

Golden Time

I more or less know what is going to happen in the series with either reading the light novels or playing the eroge, but still enjoying the series. Not anything considered masterpieces, but still nice to sit on the couch and watch.

lol i usually read the original work first befor watchin anime...

heheh Great fall we have :) the ones i'm interested in 

Kill la kill xD

Log horizon

Outbreak company

Movies:

kare no kyoukai mirai fukuin

sakasama no patema

Arise GITS border2

Code geass akito 2 <- is out raw 

persona3 movie

Link for Fall chart

Still waiting on Pupa.... never give up hope gents. 

Pupa's problem was no channel wanted to broadcast the anime uncensored (Wow surprised there's actually a show they want to air uncensored) But fear nothing! Nico Nico has accepted to Broadcast Pupa though no official date has been announced yet. According to MAL it's set to October so it's going to be what, next weekend perhaps? If not then THEY LIED TO US, KILL THEM ALL.

Source: http://www.pupa-anime.com

Particularly the first post on the left 

(I used google chrome's crappy translation system but it was enough to show that Nico Nico is related to Pupa)

These are just random bits of information i gathered from everyone discussing Pupa, wether they're 100% true i can't guarantee but it  seems to add up.

EDIT: I've researched by myself more and what i said seems to be the truth, No channel in Japan is willing to broadcast Pupa because the creators want to air the anime completely uncensored and as I've seen it's extremly graphic (gore wise) and violent and has mature themes (not sure if there's sex or incest but just the word mature is already a red flag for a lot of channels) and as most of you know Japan laws regarding broadcasting of these things are getting tighter and tighter. Pupa is said to be on the same level as Higurashi if not more violent so you can get an idea.

As most speculate it'll be posted on Nico Nico although this is upsetting some people because of the quality, I don't know if the quality will be bad because of it or not but honestly just the fact that it would air would be amazing in my opinion. The world needs a decent horror anime.

Galileo Donna and Kill la Kill are my two favorites so far. Kill la Kill is so much over the top fun, and its fully self-aware of it's plot shortcomings *cough Shingeki cough* so it makes up for them with more yelling and explosions. Not that I doubted Trigger, but my expectations for it were much lower than everyone elses I feel like.

Galilieo Donna is just a ton of fun to watch. Freaking goldfish mechs. That is all. 

Galileo Donna and Kill la Kill are my two favorites so far. Kill la Kill is so much over the top fun, and its fully self-aware of it's plot shortcomings *cough Shingeki cough* so it makes up for them with more yelling and explosions. Not that I doubted Trigger, but my expectations for it were much lower than everyone elses I feel like.

Galilieo Donna is just a ton of fun to watch. Freaking goldfish mechs. That is all. 

Flying Fighter Fish Go!!!!  But yeah, in all seriousness, Galilei Donna is pretty damn good for what it is.  Kill la Kill has, as expected, brought a smile to my face.  

I dropped Nagi no Asukara after the first episode just because....I don't particularly like the characters....at all.

Kill La Kill and Gingitsune are definitely my favorites this season so far, I'm really enjoying both of them.  A friend also told me I should watch Non Non Biyori if I like slice of life, it's supposed to be pretty good.   I'm a little disapointed by LB! Refrain being only 13 episodes, but I'm still hoping it'll be good anyway.

Kill la Kill for anime of the season (of the year?). That 4th episode had me laughing the whole 20 minutes. So great. So awesome.

I agree that Galilei Donna looks great too, definitely on the second picks. To which I'd add Gingitsune, my favorite slice of life. 

I also like Coppelion, Log Horizon, Kyousogiga and Yozakura Quartet. Those are not AOTS material but definitely worth following. 

I'm also watching Gundam Build Fighters, though I think I'll like it less once they start making references to Gundam I haven't

seen --" 

Considering the whole four sports anime too are all good in their own way, this is without a doubt the best season I've ever watched since I started following seasons. 

Kill la Kill for anime of the season (of the year?). That 4th episode had me laughing the whole 20 minutes. So great. So awesome.

maou-san is my anime of the year, but kill la kill is certainly pretty full of all the win. all the explosions, all the time. the "best friend" is absolutely hysterical and I am loving it.

maou-san is my anime of the year, but kill la kill is certainly pretty full of all the win. all the explosions, all the time. the "best friend" is absolutely hysterical and I am loving it.

Dat freaking teacher every time he talks to Ryouko steals the show for me. It cracks me up every time.

I've settled the shows I'm watching this season. Kill la Kill, Galileo Donna, Kyoukai no Kanata, and of course, Monogatari. Nagi no Asukara and Gingtsune are two that might creep into my watching list depending on when I finish some backlog shows. 

Welp, I checked the first 3-4 episodes of every single anime for this season and dropped/put a few on hold.

I'd say i'd rate the titles for this season like this:

Top 10:
1-> Little Busters!: Refrain 
2-> Nagi no Asukara 
3-> White Album 2
4-> Log Horizon 
5-> Kyoukai no Kanata 
6-> Outbreak Company 
7-> Golden Time 
8-> Magi 2 / Tokyo Ravens 
9-> Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai
10> Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta

No pupa though, I'm seriously wondering when it'll start airing...  : (

Agreed!  Akatsuki  :wub: 

Also, where the hell is Pupa!?

Pupa just kept getting delayed and delayed, they'll air it on Nicovideo, the official website says fall 2013

I saw some news in an unofficial news site where they claimed Pupa wil be a 5 min episode type of series.

If this is all true, i have lost a lot of faith for horror anime.

The latest Little Busters! Refrain episode (6) had one of my favorite scenes from the game, but it felt kind of underwhelming IMO.

The match under the rain, Kyousuke/Masato vs Riki/Kengo.

Log Horizon feels like it's starting to focus on a main story arc. Otherwise I haven't watched much else except for the weekly Kill La Kill and Kyoukai no Kanata. That synchronized dancing part was a bit too much for me in KnK, but it was otherwise fine I guess.

The latest episode of Refrain highly disappointed me.

I know the series is called Refrain and that's the chapter they will focus on but to get to that they have to at least go through Rin's route which was something I as a fan was looking forward to, they did Kurugaya's in the first 3 episodes and Rin's in the next 3, however the actual most emotional part where 

Rin and Rikki run away and live together for a while as they struggle to survive

was merely reduced to 2 minutes in the credits, making me lose all my hope for romance in the series, it was really disappointing. Indeed they kept the major one where Rin is taken away to another school but even that skipped a lot of scenes. The baseball game also felt a bit lacking but I guess they were just running out of time.

I guess now we're jumping right into refrain though i feel like this is going to lack a lot..