Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

Well what do you expect, he's pulling another DBZ where we have a repeat of the tournament again,

except this time Touta is going to fight Negi and Nagi is going to fend off Eva.  It was blatantly obvious what he was going tto do the minute he introduced Mana as the Headmaster and the word tournament was said.

This is the powerup arc, IIRC Negi learned quickstep during the Tournament arc, now Touta is going to learn to control his Magia Ereba.  Predictable, but I love it. 

Yeah, this is definitely the powerup arc, 

but I'm not so sure about Touta and Eva teaming up. It just feels more like he'll bring in someone else (like the guys that's curbstomping him in chapter 70) or one of the other numbers will team up with him.

I'm probably wrong though.

It's kinda irritating how quickly Touta's learning Magia Erebea without any of the drawbacks though.

Also, that Yue and Ku Fei cameo made me so happy.

So guys did anyone else watch kotoura-San

Yes, I watched it when it aired. It was alright.

Holy shit, guys, Leonard Nimoy just died.  I was just about to start watching Star Trek: TOS...

Are you kidding me? Damn man, that really sucks... R.I.P. Spock  :kosame:

Damnit, totally ruined my mood, and I just finished marathoning Hunter X Hunter too...  :amane:

So why hasn't this game/series been translated yet?

I thought Ixrec said he will translate Baldr Sky next or something (?). Idk, but it's only (relatively) easy to translate the text, whereas the intricate gameplay mechanics and stuff similar to that would be absolute hell for any person to have to undertake in the editing images or hacking department. Let's hope Ixrec does actually pick the project up, though!

I thought Ixrec said he will translate Baldr Sky next or something (?). Idk, but it's only (relatively) easy to translate the text, whereas the intricate gameplay mechanics and stuff similar to that would be absolute hell for any person to have to undertake in the editing images or hacking department. Let's hope Ixrec does actually pick the project up, though!

You're reading unTL'ed VNs? If that's the case, then you should definitely start Baldr Sky earlier than that. Baldr Sky's text is really easy to read for even beginners to JP grammar. All you have to worry about is all the gameplay/menu text (which is unhook-able), some of the military/sci-fi jargon, and the overall length. It's not like it's written to follow long-winded descriptive narratives and themes using high-level vocabulary plus expressions (or jokes/puns for that matter -_- looking at you Romeo). In fact, Baldr Sky is easy enough yet also one of the best VNs ever to actually play.. I really think that everyone who plans to read JP should especially tackle this as either their 2nd or 3rd unTL'ed title.

Although I guess this all depends on the level of comfort from the person in question. The length of the VN surely might drain motivation to actually commit to it (Baldr Sky is seriously long as hell).

Well my second is already accounted for (looking at you SubaHibi.. and yes I know a TL is coming), so maybe I actually will do it for my 3rd one.

I'm currently going through Akatsuki no Goei. My commitment levels are next level when it comes to reading VNs. xD

Don't worry, it's better to read SubaHibi in JP than in English no matter what. The translation couldn't ever manage to do the story justice because of certain parts and/or things written in it (I mean, it can get close but not replicate the same thing in English), unlike Baldr Sky. I actually would suggest you set aside SubaHibi for a later reading venture as it's hard as hell to understand (unless you're fine with the fact that you'll feel mindfucked the whole way through xD) and you wouldn't want to ruin the unique and quite epic experience for yourself. SubaHibi is possibly one of the coolest, most ingenious, and most intricate stories ever written in a VN (uhh ok that's my bias speaking but whatever, the majority agrees :<) so I do highly recommend it to pretty much anyone with any given preference, but.. reading it in JP would be ideal, and having an already good set of JP knowledge would be even more ideal (like at least on the level of medium knowledge).

Me and one of my friends were arguing over how SubaHibi on this list of 'Beginner unTL'ed VNs' wasn't actually too viable for beginners at all, because of all the literature/poetic/philosophical written stuff in it that will almost always go over one's head the first time they read it. If I would have to compare it to anything, then it'd be like Forest. I mean, just imagine reading something as twisted and WTF as Forest, but all in Japanese. x.x

This is that list, btw:

TC7NA6G.png

I personally think that any time a written story is harder to translate to English from Japanese, that also means it'll be harder to read with an English mindset. Not to say that it's "as hard to read as how hard it is to translate it", though. SubaHibi's text is also pretty easy. However, it's really special because the writer is something of an eccentric who studied all his life and knows a lot, and he felt the need to reflect that in his writing of this specific title. Otherwise, even the ultra-lengthy Baldr Sky is easier than that IMO.

Actually, please don't listen to me and my stupid ramblings and read that 神ゲー! Also, given that you're reading AkaGoei right now... how are you liking Kaito? (*‿*✿) Isn't he the epitome of absolute badassery?

Don't worry, it's better to read SubaHibi in JP than in English no matter what. The translation couldn't ever manage to do the story justice because of certain parts and/or things written in it (I mean, it can get close but not replicate the same thing in English), unlike Baldr Sky. I actually would suggest you set aside SubaHibi for a later reading venture as it's hard as hell to understand (unless you're fine with the fact that you'll feel mindfucked the whole way through xD) and you wouldn't want to ruin the unique and quite epic experience for yourself. SubaHibi is possibly one of the coolest, most ingenious, and most intricate stories ever written in a VN (uhh ok that's my bias speaking but whatever, the majority agrees :<) so I do highly recommend it to pretty much anyone with any given preference, but.. reading it in JP would be ideal, and having an already good set of JP knowledge would be even more ideal (like at least on the level of medium knowledge).

Actually, please don't listen to me and my stupid ramblings and read that 神ゲー! Also, given that you're reading AkaGoei right now... how are you liking Kaito? (*‿*✿) Isn't he the epitome of absolute badassery?

In that case I will keep what you say in mind, but I think I will be alright. :)

Kaito is next level awesome. I feel like every single post I make in my blog here on Fuwa is just going to be me praising him for being such a bad ass/sarcastic jerk. I love it. Everything he says is pretty much golden. xD :D Completely glad I chose AkaGoei as my first~ 

Kaito is famously regarded as the best male character in a VN, and he's certainly the most entertaining to read about. I so wonder if someone like him exists, and what would become of the world if he did. Also, I read your blog just now and really enjoyed what you had to say about Japanese and the VN, as well as your experience with them both. Although, hehehe/くすくす...

I'm rooting for you to read SubaHibi next and blog about that, actually. OH BOY WILL YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT SUBAHIBI HAHAHAHAHA!! That's because SubaHibi is very similar to Umineko, in that it's extraordinarily discussable. Even more discussable than Umineko, imo. I seriously could write endless walls of text on SubaHibi, on its story, on the philosophy, etc. right now, endlessly, in an eternal rotation of endlessness. In fact... Anyone who reads that story will inevitably have to talk about it and/or let their thoughts out (endlessly), just because that is a part of the whole experience in a way.

I look forward to reading a 20-page blog post from you on SubaHibi. 。^‿^。

Kaito is famously regarded as the best male character in a VN, and he's certainly the most entertaining to read about. I so wonder if someone like him exists, and what would become of the world if he did. Also, I read your blog just now and really enjoyed what you had to say about Japanese and the VN, as well as your experience with them both. Although, hehehe/くすくす...

I'm rooting for you to read SubaHibi next and blog about that, actually. OH BOY WILL YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT SUBAHIBI HAHAHAHAHA!! That's because SubaHibi is very similar to Umineko, in that it's extraordinarily discussable. Even more discussable than Umineko, imo. I seriously could write endless walls of text on SubaHibi, on its story, on the philosophy, etc. right now, endlessly, in an eternal rotation of endlessness. In fact... Anyone who reads that story will inevitably have to talk about it and/or let their thoughts out (endlessly), just because that is a part of the whole experience in a way.

I look forward to reading a 20-page blog post from you on SubaHibi. 。^‿^。

Not to mention the human brain is designed to grow accustomed to situations you're in after having stayed in that situation for a while. If you suddenly start reading Dies Irae right now and continuously keep at it for days or even weeks, then you will start to feel like it's far more do-able than it was before due to growing accustomed to the situation.