Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

an off topic question how about: What VN/Character made you the most emotional?  Edit: & why (If you want)

If by emotional you mean the most crying, then Katawa Shoujo and Grisaia No Kajistu are tied at somewhere around 6 times. I refuse to read any Key novels, because I know they will all probably beat this. On other emotions, I had some extreme hatred for Gonzou from G-Senjou No Maou. Not because the character was badly written, but probably the opposite. I'm guessing they wanted that effect, though.

If by emotional you mean the most crying, then Katawa Shoujo and Grisaia No Kajistu are tied at somewhere around 6 times. I refuse to read any Key novels, because I know they will all probably beat this. On other emotions, I had some extreme hatred for Gonzou from G-Senjou No Maou. Not because the character was badly written, but probably the opposite. I'm guessing they wanted that effect, though.

Interesting; & i did mean any type of emotion whether it be sad, mad or happy, any emotion really.

Yeah Katawa Shoujo was pretty emotional, I think my soul may have cried if that's even possible o_o

Guest Draconos

Eh, I've seen worse.

& for an off topic question how about: What VN/Character made you the most emotional?  Edit: & why (If you want)

Oh I've seen worse as well. Doesn't change the fact that I still think that it is creepy. As for your question, no comment.

I'm sorry.... I know everyone said not to go in expecting a Majikoi but I did anyways. At first I was not disappointing. Then it hit me in the face like a brick. Make that 3 bricks. It is not bad but it pales in comparison. There is not enough Maki. Ai has a completely unfair advantage. I really hate how the story starts out with him going out with Ai. How the hell is he supposed to go after other without breaking up with her somehow? It makes for a really sad beginning. Also, Hiroshi pales in every way when stacked against Yamato. He is not as funny, witty, strong. AND he is a total wuss. I don't hate this but it falls sadly short of majikoi.

That's just creepy.

Nooo, that's just one of the best things ever.

Yeah Katawa Shoujo was pretty emotional, I think my soul may have cried if that's even possible o_o

No offense to anyone, but I really don't understand everyone's reaction to Katawa Shoujo. It was decent, but nothing amazing. Well, no, it WAS amazing, for a free indie VN, but compared to normal professional VNs, I honestly don't see the hype. The artwork was meh, the music average, sex scenes nothing more than decent, the concept and story somewhat interesting, but not much more, and there were no voices.

No offense to anyone, but I really don't understand everyone's reaction to Katawa Shoujo. It was decent, but nothing amazing. Well, no, it WAS amazing, for a free indie VN, but compared to normal professional VNs, I honestly don't see the hype. The artwork was meh, the music average, sex scenes nothing more than decent, the concept and story somewhat interesting, but not much more, and there were no voices.

For some reason, I found myself loving that particular VN - but I can't ever seem to place why. Maybe the theme of overcoming your problems and realizing that everyone has them - some obvious, some not - makes an enjoyable read, as corny as that sounds. I admit, it's not the best out there, though. I think it's more like one of those "guilty pleasure" things where you can't help but enjoy it - at least that's how I see it for those that are so passionate for it.

Katawa Shoujo was the first visual novel I read, so maybe I have some fondness for it that way, but I agree with all you said. The thing about that VN for me was the characters. The characters had real and understandable problems, and it was presented in a way that, at least for me, made me actually care about them. The H-scenes weren't really all that great as you said, and I probably would've enjoyed it just as much without them. Personally, it was a good read for me. Not the best thing ever, but it's up there a ways. I agree it's a little overrated, but it's still a good VN.

Guest Draconos

My first VN was Fate Stay Night what I found about after I watched Fate Zero what I found about through Osu that I found about on one stream x)

My #1 character on my hate list has to be Tobioka from Konosora. What a complete and utter dickwad.

I also lost my VN virginity to Katawa Shoujo, so maybe that's part of it (you know, first times are amazing and all that). Looking back the number 1 reason I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much anymore if I were to find it now is that there's no VA. But back then I hardly knew the VN genre existed, let alone there were VA'd ones.

I have to disagree on two points, I thought the music was excellent, and I found the concept really interesting as opposed to somewhat. But, again in retrospect, I have to agree on the artwork being meh.

I also lost my VN virginity to Katawa Shoujo, so maybe that's part of it (you know, first times are amazing and all that). Looking back the number 1 reason I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much anymore if I were to find it now is that there's no VA. But back then I hardly knew the VN genre existed, let alone there were VA'd ones.

I have to disagree on two points, I thought the music was excellent, and I found the concept really interesting as opposed to somewhat. But, again in retrospect, I have to agree on the artwork being meh.

The music does its job as BGM, but there's not really any outstanding tracks or some with amazing composition. The concept is going to a school for disabled people. It's basically a normal high school setting with a slight twist. You could change it to going to a school for autistics and it wouldn't be any more interesting. It's still just a school setting with a slight twist, so no, the concept isn't all that. It's new, but not much else.

My first VN was majikoi. I saw a picture of Miyako on google images and clicked on it discovering it was a game called Majikoi. I went to youtube and searched for a video and found someone showing off the part where Wanko gets called a tire, I then went and did the most horriable thing you can imagine, I asked the creator of the video where he got it and how to install it. The dude was amazingly paitent and walked me thru everything step by step mad props to him. I then ran into the most horriable thing of all, not all VNs are translated to english. To my dismay Majikoi had only been translated up to Yuki. The most touching person I have seen would have to be Wanko and how her spoilers were spoilers and spoilers.

Guest NoZaku

So as usual another translation group decided to just give everyone the middle finger and abandon a project. I knew this would happen.

So as usual another translation group decided to just give everyone the middle finger and abandon a project. I knew this would happen.

I think you misunderstood the post the guys translating it now (as far as I know) are still working on it, but they switched between what route would be finished first

*Ignore*

My first VN was majikoi. I saw a picture of Miyako on google images and clicked on it discovering it was a game called Majikoi. I went to youtube and searched for a video and found someone showing off the part where Wanko gets called a tire, I then went and did the most horriable thing you can imagine, I asked the creator of the video where he got it and how to install it. The dude was amazingly paitent and walked me thru everything step by step mad props to him. I then ran into the most horriable thing of all, not all VNs are translated to english. To my dismay Majikoi had only been translated up to Yuki. The most touching person I have seen would have to be Wanko and how her spoilers were spoilers and spoilers.

Wow that guy was really nice. & I love Kazuko. ^-^

Guest Draconos

my first vn was called tokimeki check in which i happened to randomly download off some shitty donloader thing i had at the time. Which began my love for vn's or at least my desperate desire to read more of them which i couldent do untill at least 2 years later when i got a proper internet connection and happened to discover erogedownload which was like the holy grail for me at the time.

Ahhhhh the memories :wub:

I hope it wasn't like Fuyukis Holy Grail post 3rd War. It would not be nice for the rest of us that way.