Want something to soothe the pain...

Bastian77

Just finished Kara no Shoujo and wow was it emotionally stressing to read. 

All those bad endings and most of all

Spoiler

Tsuzuriko...

So as the title says, I just want something lighthearted and comedic right now that will help me forget the painful images.

It would also help if it was a bit on the shorter side of visual novels (Around 20~ hours would be nice) and if it had nice music. 

14 minutes ago, Bastian77 said:

Just finished Kara no Shoujo and wow was it emotionally stressing to read. 

All those bad endings and most of all

Reveal hidden contents

Tsuzuriko...

So as the title says, I just want something lighthearted and comedic right now that will help me forget the painful images.

It would also help if it was a bit on the shorter side of visual novels (Around 20~ hours would be nice) and if it had nice music. 

Read the predecessor, Cartagra

Then go all out Kara no Shoujo 2 :sachi:

~~
Maybe just try some Pulltop VNs, KonoSora, Koi Rizo...

39 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

The House in Fata Morgana is 20 hours-ish (I clocked in at 24), and has fantastic music. I'd also say its super upbeat but I'd be a liar. Still though, its a fantastic read that fits 2 of the 3 requirements lol 

Ahaha, unfortunately its a bit lacking in the lighthearted. Otherewise it would be the perfect choice! :wafuu:

33 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Read the predecessor, Cartagra

Then go all out Kara no Shoujo 2 :sachi:

I was actually thinking about playing the second game because the ending left me unsatisfied but I'm unsure if I can handle that much non-stop blood and gore. (Considering I've been playing Kara no Shoujo almost non-stop for the past few days)

Although I might try Koi Rizo.

29 minutes ago, Silvz said:

take an aspirin

then, play something from Key [aka always good endings]

As for Key, I was considering on playing Little Busters that has been on my computer for over a year but Key seems too long and heavy for me right now.

30 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

DONT DO IT 

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT READ LITTLE BUSTERS

Lol I don't think it'll happen for a quite a long time so theres no need to shout.

6 minutes ago, Mkilbride said:

A comedy VN. Hmm. Hard to think of many that are just that.

Well it didn't need to be just a comedy VN.

And as for your suggestion although I could agree that Saya no Uta is upbeat (in a very twisted sense) and short, I would hardly call it lighthearted. 

Maybe Tokyo Babel (School life at purgatory and fight against god) and Root Double (Nuclear facility explosion) here could soothe the pain. Hope this help.

Okay, seriously if you need more lighthearted series, there's Yoake and ToHeart 2. Although I know that both of those not quite your preference in term of length though.

Majikoi is great for a silly comedy with a large cast of characters.  It's over the top and is really enjoyable, even if it occasionally jumps the shark at times *cough cough* Chris' route *cough cough*.  Read it if you want a focus on humor and B-movie action scenes.

If you want mindless moe fluff, KoiRizo was literally made (unintentionally) for this.  It's just fluff, h-scenes, and cute grills.  The attempted drama was poorly implemented, so it might as well not have any.  Really nice art, though.

Princess Evangile is pretty similar to KoiRizo, except they attempt at drama a little more often.    More school-focused (obviously), and has worse art.  Has a lot of religious references, to the point where they kind of beat you over the head with some of them.  Can be a little silly when it focuses on the girls as a group, or whenever Konomi is in a scene.

Now, the one I recommend the most is Swan Song, a hilarious moege with the funniest characters I've yet to see.  This is a good one to take you out of a nasty funk.

You can read Planetarian for Key, but the comedy in this is almost zero. Clannad would be nice for you, since the whole common route is pretty funny, the character routes start quickly and we have the "miracle" endings [common to almost all Key games]

I'm also looking at my list and I don't have anything funny too º-º where did all fun go? Well, for comedy purposes only, you can read Hatoful Boyfriend - https://vndb.org/v7836 and Paca Plus https://vndb.org/v7795

TBH, I don't think the vn medium is particularly suitable for your desire. I agree with @Silvz that planetarian is strangely soothing, but it's only so for the purpose of being heartbreaking later on. I guess you could play some of the well-known moeges, but they still have a lot of drama. Just read Yotsubato if you want something truly soothing

Thanks for all the recommendations!

Well aside from some of them (Fata Morgana, Saya no Uta, Swan Song) :amane: and the ones that I have already played, they were all good suggestions and will consider playing some of them.

I was planning on rereading Majikoi but after playing A-5, it felt like a nice ending to the series (hopefully there won't be anymore) so I will wait a bit more until I play it again.

As for Planetarian, I have already played it and I am watching the anime right now so it might be a while until I decide to play it again.