Favorite BGM/soundtrack of a Visual Novel

Exult

Don't know how many times I have recommended this VN in the last few days, but my senses are telling me "not enough". This track says so many different things on so many different levels, especially when thought about in terms of the messages of the VN. It finds a way to convey so much with such simplicity, and there is something about that I just find... so beautiful.

Edit: I may also have been the first person to upload the thing to YouTube... 'cause sweg B)

Don't know how many times I have recommended this VN in the last few days, but my senses are telling me "not enough". This track says so many different things on so many different levels, especially when thought about in terms of the messages of the VN. It finds a way to convey so much with such simplicity, and there is something about that I just find... so beautiful.

Edit: I may also have been the first person to upload the thing to YouTube... 'cause sweg B)

• 2 weeks later...

Time to revive this topic just so I can post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNZoEh7D-9o

There is something magical about this song. It's so calming, to the point where stopping it is almost scary. Got to listen to all of it, got to keep up the routine.... routine is important...

One of my favorites of the Swan Song Ost. Really captures the intensity of the VN and the situation the characters are in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjJ5jGeZQ3Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNZoEh7D-9o

There is something magical about this song. It's so calming, to the point where stopping it is almost scary. Got to listen to all of it, got to keep up the routine.... routine is important...

That was really really good, thanks for sharing that. Judging from the pics on the VNDB page, the VN looks like it's beyond my current level of Japanese, but I think I will give it a try regardless. Looks really interesting.

That was really really good, thanks for sharing that. Judging from the pics on the VNDB page, the VN looks like it's beyond my current level of Japanese, but I think I will give it a try regardless. Looks really interesting.

Don't do it ;_;

I really, really like the KonoSora soundtrack. It's right up there on my favorite VN soundtrack list, alongside only a handful of other soundtracks all of which are from much better VNs (pretty much just all things Key, and F/SN, are with it). Say what you like about the rest of the VN, but KonoSora totally nailed BGM.

I really, really like the KonoSora soundtrack. It's right up there on my favorite VN soundtrack list, alongside only a handful of other soundtracks all of which are from much better VNs (pretty much just all things Key, and F/SN, are with it). Say what you like about the rest of the VN, but KonoSora totally nailed BGM.

KonoSora sucked big time**, but ya I gotta admit the soundtrack was indeed very, very pleasant. Though, it's funny 'cos KonoSora's light atmosphere didn't really do the 'darker' tracks like Under Drops or Nobody's any justice :makina:

Under Drops

Nobody's

**jk about the sucked, I enjoyed KonoSora :D

If I'm picking one song from the KonoSora OST, it's definitely this one:

I could listen to that on loop all day. +1 for mental association with Ageha.

Off-topic for this thread, but I really liked KonoSora. However, it fairly takes its share of hits for getting a shit-tier translation, and the routes were crazy uneven. Only Kotori and Amane had good routes.

While I don't really like KonoSora, I also have to agree with the OST, it is surprisingly nice. Sometimes, great OST comes from the most unexpected places:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juuOUfGg_FQ&feature=youtu.be

:makina:

Yeah, it's written like a novel rather than a VN, so it can be quite difficult - but it is very much worth it. :)

Im so lost in the Subahibi OST.

How can a soundtrack be so good? like with Eric Satie and shit.

it cant get any better, it just cant.

It doesn't help that SubaHibi is a masterpiece in terms of story. That and its OST complement each other perfectly, and 夜の向日葵 in particular is Matsumoto Fuminori's finest piano piece. ^^

Yeah, it's written like a novel rather than a VN, so it can be quite difficult - but it is very much worth it. :)

It was a bit tedious that I can't hook the text the normal way and actually had to search for an H-code. But now that I found it I am prepared. Although, as much as I look forward to it; I want to finish 1 or 2 simpler untld VNs before tackling this one. 

Don't do it ;_;

I don't about you Kiriririri, but I like dark and depressing stories. 

I will just spam more Sayooshi, I'm completely addicted to this track. Considering where it is from, that might not be a good sign.  :wafuu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbdaF-CU7EI

It was a bit tedious that I can't hook the text the normal way and actually had to search for an H-code. But now that I found it I am prepared. Although, as much as I look forward to it; I want to finish 1 or 2 simpler untld VNs before tackling this one. 

Yeah, you do need a h-code, but it works like a charm after that. Also you might want to leave this VN for when you feel confident and comfortable with the language, since you will need to pay attention to every little detail in the writing, Definitely looking forward to your impressions when you do read it, though!

VN OSTs aren't that memorable to me but some songs kinda clicked with me.

EMIYA obviously (although I found some remixes more to my liking recently like the one by South of Heaven)

Perfect Sky from Konosora

Beyond the Darkness and DIS is a Pain from Rewrite

Futari no Mirai from Hoshimemo