new guy

dfbreezy

Welcome, and your avatar well, just like DarkZedge said here. I knew you like Maou from G-Senjou, but maybe you could change your avatar so you'll no mistaken as kingdomcome who also had same avatar as you (Well, he was more blurred though, but still). Anyway, as your project we still didn't knew what it is, but good luck nevertheless to recruit staff for your project here.

18 minutes ago, Novel21 said:

Welcome to Fuwa and it's Nice to meet you^_^

What it's story about?

I haven't really developed on it yet but its about a world were human dna was rewritten by a mass of cosmic radiation and various factions developed possesing different abilities. the protag is from a faction that can "emulate" any other factions abilities so his faction is most sought after. they were all slaughtered by the non-power faction and his childhood friend aria was taken away. the sory continues 5 years later when he has blended in to the non-power faction's state to get revenge.

this just a rough summary. typing all the details will give me blisters. :vinty: 

Now that is a setup, which could be used for something quite interesting. The setup isn't everything, but it's a good start. Have you considered the more technical aspects as well, like number of choices and how much it should branch? And what about engine? Have you considered heavy use or flags to remember choices for later usage or should each choice lead to a unique branch?

I know it's a lot of questions, but I assume it would be nice to know the answers to all of those questions before actual writing starts. I have seen a number of people go "I will write a VN" and then later "now I have written half the prologue and filled in the entire plot. What do I do?". Well they didn't plan a structure.

15 minutes ago, dfbreezy said:

this just a rough summary. typing all the details will give me blisters. :vinty: 

That could be an issue. Writing an entire VN requires way more typing than just a forum post.

21 minutes ago, tymmur said:

Now that is a setup, which could be used for something quite interesting. The setup isn't everything, but it's a good start. Have you considered the more technical aspects as well, like number of choices and how much it should branch? And what about engine? Have you considered heavy use or flags to remember choices for later usage or should each choice lead to a unique branch?

I know it's a lot of questions, but I assume it would be nice to know the answers to all of those questions before actual writing starts. I have seen a number of people go "I will write a VN" and then later "now I have written half the prologue and filled in the entire plot. What do I do?". Well they didn't plan a structure.

That could be an issue. Writing an entire VN requires way more typing than just a forum post.

5 heroines

not too many choices since it's my first try. basically it has alot battle scenes since the protag and all his girls are combat capable.

so i'll need help doing that. :vinty:

the protag is very pragmatic so he'll make his own choices and reason them out at certain scenes but the choice points will come at the emotional scenes since he'll need help with that.:D

the choices will be very realistic so that  readers will be able to match that choices with real life decisions.

Perhaps it would be worth considering using Ren'Py. I know some people flame the interface, but it allows python code, meaning it should be possible to write some role playing combat simulator. Knowing python, I might be able to do something about that, but I'm too busy with other tasks right now to even look into it.

Might consider branching around in the text based on protags heath left or whatever.

1 minute ago, tymmur said:

Perhaps it would be worth considering using Ren'Py. I know some people flame the interface, but it allows python code, meaning it should be possible to write some role playing combat simulator. Knowing python, I might be able to do something about that, but I'm too busy with other tasks right now to even look into it.

Might consider branching around in the text based on protags heath left or whatever.

oh it's notan rpg though. its a normal vn with thick battle narration.