Notice me senpai

Gyoko

Hello, from now on I'll be joining you on this forums.

My life as otaku:

1. Anime

Long story short: I love anime, subbed anime - dubs suck. My preferred setting's mix of seinen and supernatural in modern timeline, although sci-fi and fantasy are ok too.

My favourite series are Angel Beats! (almost made me cry) and Erased, followed by Parasyte and Charlotte.

2. Visual Novels

I got myself into world of VNs about two weeks ago by mere accident - I always thought of it as of something really boring - infinite scrolling with occasional fappage. BUT to my surprise it's not something you should look down upon. It's quite an adventure actually. So far I finished 2 VNs

Muv-Luv Alternative (I skipped the first two and only read short plot description, so I wasn't lost when I jumped right into the middle), which was a blast - epic story, the feels, intense combat and occasional fapping mixed into wonderful masterpiece. 

Fate/Stay Night - another great novel. Cool fights, music, emotions and occasional fapping made me almost forgot that it was a wall of text. Somewhere in my head i was watching anime... At least I want to think so.

Anyways, kinda heartbroken after finishing FSN few hours ago I spoiled the rest of the story and decided to get deeper into the world of... Fate? Here's my relating thread

3. Manga

Meh. Not for me

That's all. Thanks for spending this whole time reading my humble post it makes writing it worthwhile 

The Fate series is pretty popular. 

You might want to check out Tsukihime... That one is even more dated than Fate, but together with Kara no Kyoukai, they make the main Nasuverse titles. 

As for Fate itself, I'd point you to the Fate/Zero anime if you haven't watched it already.

Anyway, welcome to the forums. Hope you have fun around. If you ever need recommendations, check out my 50 translated VNs you should read before you die list. 

Hmpf. Here's link to the thread created solely for this question. Thanks for the the answer, but could you be more specific? Like 1. This game 2. This game 3. This game, and only then you'll achieve Nirvana. I suck when it comes to huge universes. 

And thanks for the welcome.

44 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

how the fuck did you read MLA AND F/SN in two weeks

I ask myself the same question

tumblr_nxs923X0ei1uqlq0eo1_500.gif

Welcome to Fuwanovel, and hope you had fun here. As for Fate, I think this franchise was quite had big following and it's still one of best VN according to many people here and outside. Although of course there was also person who think Fate was overrated. And speaking about Fate, you may as well had a nice chat with mod @Zenophilious here who also Fate fan (Especially Saber here). As for VN recommendation, mod Kaguya already suggested good one, although if you ask me for recommendation maybe Steins Gate and Tokyo Babel should be your next VN here. Anyway once again hope you had fun here and enjoy yourself here.

PS -By the way, if you knew Attack on Titan anime, the inspiration behind it was from Muv Luv Alternative according to some article.

Welcome to the Fuwa forums, enjoy your stay here and don't hesitate to ask around if you need anything.

4 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

you should probably go make yourself a VNDB page and link it to your profile quick, before it's too late and you forget half of what you read.

I was about to say the same thing, it would help a lot when it comes to recommending things.

For now I'll just give you a couple of my favorites:

1. Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!
  2. Coμ - Kuroi Ryuu to Yasashii Oukoku -

3. Princess Evangile

4. Cartagra and Kara no Shoujo episodes one & two

5. Euphoria

6. Grisaia no Kajitsu

7. G-Senjou no Maou

Okay, those are all the ones I'll put for now, hope you enjoy whatever you choose to read next.

See you around. :sachi:

Thanks for the suggestions and all. As for the VNDB profile, I don't think I need it - I've got a .txt with a-a-all the anime and VNs I've seen and my personal ratings. Maybe I'll start a blog someday....

23 minutes ago, Gyoko said:

Thanks for the suggestions and all. As for the VNDB profile, I don't think I need it - I've got a .txt with a-a-all the anime and VNs I've seen and my personal ratings. Maybe I'll start a blog someday....

If you put them in VNDB and MAL, and then link them to your profile, people will be able to see them, sort them, filter them, etc., without having to read a big wall of text that you post - much easier.