Properties with exclamation points in the title!

Exclamation points in titles!  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about exclamation points in titles?

• I only play VNs and watch shows with exclamation points!!
    • I kinda like them!
    • I really don't care.
    • I think they're kinda dumb...
    • Not Applicable

This poll is closed to new votes

As someone who likes to type titles precisely, I get annoyed every time I find myself typing Little Busters! into a sentence. That, of course, doesn't compare to the horrors of Sound! Euphonium, or the subtleties of distinguishing K-On! vs. K-On!!, but the worst has certainly got to be the punctuation nightmare that is Really? Really!; I mean, really?

34 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

As someone who likes to type titles precisely, I get annoyed every time I find myself typing Little Busters! into a sentence. That, of course, doesn't compare to the horrors of Sound! Euphonium, or the subtleties of distinguishing K-On! vs. K-On!!, but the worst has certainly got to be the punctuation nightmare that is Really? Really!; I mean, really?

You're advised to limit the use of exclamation marks in your fiction writing, so this sort of blatant overuse/misuse has never been considered a good thing by me.

Clearly it makes no sense not to write the title correctly. How am I to know that "Tincle Twinkle Festival" is supposed to be Tincle ★ Twinkle Festival! :huh: It's not like those two titles have anything in common once you remove the the non-character letters.

Joking aside, what I see as the biggest issue is not reading the stars/explanation marks or anything like that. The biggest problem is computer stupidity. For instance if I ask the browser (the find in browser, not google) to search for the title without the star, it will not find the title, which includes the star and vice versa. Humans should be able to handle a few typos and missing exclamation marks and still figure out what it is supposed to say, and I don't really care for such perfection, particularly if it is about keys not present on the keyboard. Being unable to locate the post I read last week because the computer is bothered by this issue is a fare more severe issue.

The "☆"  is because japanese people are obsessed with adding the terms "glitter" "shinny" "twinkle" "sparkle" and all that kind of bullshit related to "キラキラ" kira kira, they probably thing is cute to add it to their titles or something like that.. oh sparkly sparkly kawaiii, :saber: no it is not!