Conjueror's Untranslated Visual Novel Tournament [Discussion]

Maxel

8 minutes ago, Down said:

Dies is pretty popular among TM fans too, be careful that it doesn't go against your plan =p

I'm just spreading the word so it can be a real TM vs everyone, I voted DI myself. Still, I got asked a lot about Dies, most people didn't seemed to know about it.

Everything ends, and so do this torunament. It was quite fun, with some pretty damn close battles (Hatsusaku/Sayooshi, Parfait/Hatsusaku/Harukuru/Evenicle, Baldr/Muramasa etc.) The only match left is between the winner and Fate CCC, but it's "outside" one. Here's what everybody probably waited for, the almost final version of the bracket and some results.

WrtvX9j.png

9REdhXI.png

I wish we all live up to the day when all VNs from this tournament would be translated, if not all, then maybe just TOP 3 + Honorable Mentions, because it seems they're what people voting wanted the most.

I had a little hope when Dies Irae was beating Fate Extra which then was immediately folower by crushing disappointment.

9 hours ago, Maxel said:

Everything ends, and so do this torunament. It was quite fun, with some pretty damn close battles (Hatsusaku/Sayooshi, Parfait/Hatsusaku/Harukuru/Evenicle, Baldr/Muramasa etc.) The only match left is between the winner and Fate CCC, but it's "outside" one. Here's what everybody probably waited for, the almost final version of the bracket and some results.

WrtvX9j.png

9REdhXI.png

I wish we all live up to the day when all VNs from this tournament would be translated, if not all, then maybe just TOP 3 + Honorable Mentions, because it seems they're what people voting wanted the most.

I have a feeling one of those honorable mention will be brought over here due to a certain severt project, but that's not confirmed yet.

3 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

@Conjueror hint about secret project, pls?  :kosame:  If it's Dies I will love you forever.

I would love it to be Dies Irae, but I'm leaning towards Eustia because Conjueror was halfway done the translation by February and he started in December. Either that's amazing speed for a translation of Dies Irae or it's a different VN that's a lot easier to translate. I'm leaning more towards the latter.

2 hours ago, Rooke said:

Type Moon fans are both numerous and scary :P 

That level of commitment kind of makes me want to make the time to watch the UBW anime just to see if it's really up to all this hype. One of my two real-life otaku friends, who could be accurately stereotyped as a typical mecha anime fan, was willing to try VNs for the first time on the strength of that show alone, so I expect it's pretty damn good. At any rate, F/SN was a pretty great VN for me, so I can't really fault Type Moon fans for wanting moar moar moar.

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

I like how just the damn polls have taken ages :wahaha: 

Now let´s just hope he actually gets around to translating the game. 

(I for some reason have an ominous feeling this wont ever be a thing.) 

Yeah, sorry, but that's really unlikely.

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

Probably won't be him but...

And Moogy hinted at the same kind of thing the other day on IRC...

14 minutes ago, Down said:

And Moogy hinted at the same kind of thing the other day on IRC...

'Quite eventful' ... 

Surely they don’t … they couldn't mean … it can't be true!

Not a massive influx of translated otome and BL titles?

Oh, joyful, joyful, this will surely fill VN fans with the light of day! HOORAY! :) 

8 hours ago, Dergonu said:

I like how just the damn polls have taken ages :wahaha: 

This was only a fun tournament to see which VN is most wanted here in the West. It's highly unlikely Conjueror will translate the winner, but maybe the translation companies are using this data and trying to license some of the VNs that did the best in the tournament. We won't know if anything will come out of this tournament or not at this point in time.

Just now, VirginSmasher said:

This was only a fun tournament to see which VN is most wanted here in the West. It's highly unlikely Conjueror will translate the winner, but maybe the translation companies are using this data and trying to license some of the VNs that did the best in the tournament. We won't know if anything will come out of this tournament or not at this point in time.

Seems I misunderstood the purpose. I thought the winner would get translated. (Well, as I stated above, I never actually thought it would get translated. Seemed way too fishy and out of the blue. I guess I was right :wahaha:  ) 

Well then, utterly fucking pointlessly long trounament over and we have proved... ENGLISH READERS WANTS DIES IRAE! :pyaa: 

Wow. I had no idea. :illya: 

5/7

6 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Seems I misunderstood the purpose. I thought the winner would get translated. (Well, as I stated above, I never actually thought it would get translated. Seemed way too fishy and out of the blue. I guess I was right :wahaha:  ) 

Well then, utterly fucking pointlessly long trounament over and we have proved... ENGLISH READERS WANTS DIES IRAE! :pyaa: 

Wow. I had no idea. :illya: 

5/7

That pretty much is the general consensus. Other obvious winners would've been Baldr Sky, Muramasa, Eustia, SakuUta, Oretsuba, and White Album 2. At least we'll be getting Muramasa at some point...

3 hours ago, Rooke said:

I think what this tournament has proved quite convincingly, is English readers want Type-Moon ;) 

Well, this assumes that the people who voted in the tournament are readers, which may arguably be putting too fine a point on it, but given where the Type-Moon voters apparently came from, I don't think it's necessarily unfair to draw that distinction.

That said, as long as the results represent an audience of people who would actually buy a localized VN release (regardless of whether they then actually read it :makina:), then it's still perfectly reasonable to use this for the sake of prioritizing VNs to localize (and, yes, I fully realize that the licensing process is by no means as simple as simply deciding that you want to localize a game)... at least as long as those people keep buying.

14 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

And it's not gonna happen. Sorry TM fanboys.

The first fate/extra officially released in the west, I don't know why they decided to stop there.

12 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

Well, this assumes that the people who voted in the tournament are readers, which may arguably be putting too fine a point on it, but given where the Type-Moon voters apparently came from, I don't think it's necessarily unfair to draw that distinction.

That said, as long as the results represent an audience of people who would actually buy a localized VN release (regardless of whether they then actually read it :makina:), then it's still perfectly reasonable to use this for the sake of prioritizing VNs to localize (and, yes, I fully realize that the licensing process is by no means as simple as simply deciding that you want to localize a game)... at least as long as those people keep buying.

I don't know why you think fate fans haven't read fate and wouldn't read more. Seems kinda weird.