How is Noble Works?

Mugi

2 minutes ago, gijimu said:

So Noble Works is better overall than Princess Evangile? I personally disliked PE because its heroines are stereotypical, lack of comedy, and uninteresting main and heroine's route.

Some senior readers gave it an excellent score. And it made me curious about this VN. If I disliked PE because of reasons above, do you think I will enjoy NW? 

Yeah. As much as I love some PE's heroines (especially Mitsuki on the fandisc), Noble Works is overall just a better VN. Very few things are forced, protagonist can be quite analytical and logical which 95% of all male protagonists lack, and the comedy has a lot more impact in the game.

I'm nearly done with all the routes from Noble Works and gotta say it pleasantly surprised me..It's not to say i don't think some parts drag a bit but overall found it extremely enjoyable thus far, my favorite routes so far gotta be Maya's and Shizuru's with Sena close behind.

For some unexplicable reason i couldn't get into Akari's that much even though it's fine as it is. Overall the game can be funny and has some light drama in the context of each route. i'd recommend it if you want to give it a try

41 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Yeah. As much as I love some PE's heroines (especially Mitsuki on the fandisc), Noble Works is overall just a better VN. Very few things are forced, protagonist can be quite analytical and logical which 95% of all male protagonists lack, and the comedy has a lot more impact in the game.

Hearing everyone saying that the Mitsuki's route on PE's fandisc is nice makes me curious and even considered to skip PE entirely and play the fandisc. Coincidently, the only heroines I like in PE are Ruriko and Mitsuki though.

27 minutes ago, gijimu said:

Hearing everyone saying that the Mitsuki's route on PE's fandisc is nice makes me curious and even considered to skip PE entirely and play the fandisc. Coincidently, the only heroines I like in PE are Ruriko and Mitsuki though.

She's a really hilarious tsundere and a closet pervert, both traits being deadly when combined together. 

Just finished Shizuru's route. I thought it was going to be my least favorite, but so far I think it's my favorite. Granted, I've only read her route, Sena's, and Maya's. If the last few are as good as hers, i'm in for a treat.

13 minutes ago, Mugi said:

Just finished Shizuru's route. I thought it was going to be my least favorite, but so far I think it's my favorite. Granted, I've only read her route, Sena's, and Maya's. If the last few are as good as hers, i'm in for a treat.

In my opinon they are, i was qute surprised with how much i loved Noble Works ^^^, hope everyone else enjoys it just as much

• 4 weeks later...

I'm finished with Noble Works now, or at least with the three routes from Akari, Maya and Sena I wanted to play.

Overall it was a good comedy VN, but I wouldn't really call it a good romance VN. It was a bit too 'funny' for that, 'less' would have been 'more' at times. The character interaction was good for the most part but the routes somehow lacked substance. Each one had a rather cheap mini drama which didn't really fit the whole comedy theme. It would have been better to either tone down the comedy a bit or replace the drama with a more funny story arc. I think Alcot's My Girlfriend is the President showed more creativity here. Furthermore, Akari's dad in her route and Kotetsu in Maya's route were more annoying than funny. Sena also got a bit creepy with her father complex in her route. I was almost relieved when it was over.

In comparison to Princess Evangile I'd say it had the better character interaction and a better protagonist but Princess Evangile had more to offer in the individual routes, especially in the ones from Ayaka and Ritsuko. However, both titles can give each other a high five if it comes to creating better side characters than the main heroines. The otaku maid Chiaki not getting a route in Noble Works was almost as much as a crime as Ruriko not getting one in Princess Evangile. And Makoto should have gotten one too.

Something that impressed me very much in this title were the sprite dynamics. Different perspectives, moving, hopping and lots of facial expressions which were even changing several times in a sentence. The title must have had its own sprite coordinator in addition to the usual artists and writers. I don't think I've seen such rich sprite dynamics yet - except Majikoi maybe. There were parts in Majikoi where I almost thought I'm watching an arcade game, intuitively grabbing the joystick and mentally switching to street fighter mode. So Majikoi is certainly comparable.

Favorite characters: Chiaki >> Akari > Maya = Makoto > Hinata > Shizuru > Sena

Overall it was a decent read, but it would have required at least a route for Chiaki to have a chance to get one of my favorites.

Well, I finished it when the world still was in the year 2015, so I guess I'll let my opinions to be heard now. Better late than never, I guess.

Overall, Noodle Works was a good moege, it had the charm of Dracu-riot, my highest rated moege yet.

The characters were great, especially Akari and Maya, they were just overall great characters, and I adored the two to an immense degeree.

The MC has some self-insert but has his own personality, which is great.

The story is rather generic and cliched, but this a moege, so it doesn't matter in the end.

I gave Noodle Works an 8.2/10, it was a good moege, I liked it

Actually, this is good thread. But I think @Mugi should asked that back in Noble Works thread here (Created by me by the way). Since this topic originally to ask recommendation for VN instead of asking how the VN opinion, right? Well, I'd actually add aedes review link back at my thread, and his opinion was this VN very average, and I'd said that you should try to find out by yourself by playing it of course. Although OP may said that he was asking for user opinion, I think OP could browsing the opinion in my thread though.

Oh, if you ask me about my opinion in regard of Noble Work, I think I'd far more interested to cover heroine's seiyuu (As evident in my post) rather than the story (Also with image song, since Dracu Riot also had image song singing by the seiyuu and the instrumental version was used as heroine's leitmotif), since the premise to be honest was standard of any poor MC joining rich high class student imo. Although of course it wouldn't necessarily bad, and at least our MC parents was more responsible than MC's father back in Evangile, because at least they sent tuition money to our MC for paying his school, unlike Evangile MC when after MC left alone while his father run away. I think that's all from me.

PS 

To mod, first of all I apologized for asking a request, but could the mods joined this thread with Noble Work thread that I linked above if possible? Once again sorry and thanks in advance. I knew it's in different topic, and sorry for promoting my thread here.

5 hours ago, Arcadeotic said:

Well, I finished it when the world still was in the year 2015, so I guess I'll let my opinions to be heard now. Better late than never, I guess.

Overall, Noodle Works was a good moege, it had the charm of Dracu-riot, my highest rated moege yet.

The characters were great, especially Akari and Maya, they were just overall great characters, and I adored the two to an immense degeree.

The MC has some self-insert but has his own personality, which is great.

The story is rather generic and cliched, but this a moege, so it doesn't matter in the end.

I gave Noodle Works an 8.2/10, it was a good moege, I liked it

Awesome! I look forward to reading Noodle Works after I'm done with Noble Works.

On 2/23/2016 at 6:34 PM, iamnoob said:

So... is it just me or is Chitose Sana and Aoi in the background in Noble Works?

Are there any more references?

Almost every Yuzusoft game has references. I don't remember what they were for Noble Works though.