Steam winter sale

madvanced

I just want Undertale (which IS on sale methinks)

edit: 20%, not biting unless PSN's sales are disastrous (Week 3 should go up any moment now)

I'd say get it anyway.

Beyond that, The Beginner's Guide is on sale too, so I'm definitely picking that up.  The rest depends on a lot of stuff.

edit: 20%, not biting unless PSN's sales are disastrous (Week 3 should go up any moment now)

I'd say get it anyway.

Beyond that, The Beginner's Guide is on sale too, so I'm definitely picking that up.  The rest depends on a lot of stuff.

I'll get Undertale anyways but I have Persona 4 Golden, Planescape Torment and Soul Sacrifice to play so I'm not exactly hurried. I'd just buy it now if it were on a good sale. This just means I'm buying it later.

I'd say get it anyway.

I'll get Undertale anyways but I have Persona 4 Golden, Planescape Torment and Soul Sacrifice to play so I'm not exactly hurried. I'd just buy it now if it were on a good sale. This just means I'm buying it later.

TORMENT! TORMENT! TORMENT! Man I love that game.

I'd say get it anyway.

TORMENT! TORMENT! TORMENT! Man I love that game.

I played an hour of it so far, fucking loved it, I don't want to divide my attention right now though so I'll delve in PT properly right after I finish P4G.

Probably gonna get Undertale.  I've been waiting for it to go on sale ever since I first started hearing about it.  Doubt I'm going to get much else, though; I'm gonna hold out until the other games I want go under $15, which probably means at least next year's Christmas for MGSV.

The prices games are at now, are most likely the prices they stay at. Steam did away with flash sales. 

I loved Torment so much more than Baldur's Gate. I just felt so immersed in the characters and the setting. I wish they had made more games in the Planescape setting.

Indeed. Too bad it'll never happen for a bunch of reasons. Maybe Tides of Numenera will be good, but some people clearly expect too much of it, considering that it won't include ANY of the places, characters and stuff from the old game.

On topic: I don't think I need anything right now, got most of the stuff I wanted during the previous sale.

Edited by Ariurotl

Should I get The Talos Principle?

If you like environmental puzzle games such as Portal, The Talos Principle is super good. The puzzles are all really good and engaging. It starts out simple enough but quickly gets devious, especially if you want to unlock all of the bonus content. The story was written by the writer behind The Swapper and is really interesting and surprisingly thought-provoking at times, incorporating apocalyptic elements with some typical but well-executed android self-awareness stuff.

It's just a cool, low-key way to point laser beams at things and chat with computer terminals about the nature of sentience.

edit: Oh yeah, and it's also good if you enjoy exploration in games. The environments are all beautiful and surprisingly large, and have a TON of secret stuff to find, some that offer unlocked bonus levels and that kind of thing, and others that are just there.

edit 2: Fuuuuuck I want to play this game again! It's so good.

Unlike previous Steam sales, they've abandoned the daily and flash sale systems and everything that will be on sale is currently on sale, and the prices are as low as they're going. So if you see something you want on sale, you may as well get it. And if something on your wishlist isn't discounted, it won't be for the entire duration.

Unlike previous Steam sales, they've abandoned the daily and flash sale systems and everything that will be on sale is currently on sale, and the prices are as low as they're going. So if you see something you want on sale, you may as well get it. And if something on your wishlist isn't discounted, it won't be for the entire duration.

Golly, no. Right there you are recommending people the worst way to shop during these Steam sales.

Flash and Community Choice have disappeared, but we have the Daily Highlighted Deals which, as one might guess, will change every day, and usually will have a higher discount than the global one.

So, if anyone wants a game, and it's not on the current Daily Highlighted Deals, simply Wishlist it, since that way you can get an email the moment it goes into a better discount. And if a game doesn't go into the daily deals, then buy it the last day of the Winter Sale (the 4th), since it'll still have the global discount.

Missed a daily deal? Don't worry too much! On the last day, Steam usually has the encore sale, where the most popular games get their Daily Highlighted Deals price again.