Red-Haired Heroines?

MFrost

Was just wondering why there is a lack of Main Heroines who are red-headed. Going by this season's anime, there's at least one for every show, if not more, yet the only ones I've seen/played in any VNs are Amane from Grisaia, Margit in Majikoi and....that's it.
I'm not talking about pink haired & Auburnish color, since that would raise it to a few more, but it's still strange. I figured that there would be more. Granted, I haven't played through many VNs, but the ones I have (which are very much liked) don't have any besides the two I mentioned (can you call Margit's rabbit-fest a storyline?)

So any recommendations that have some with a decent story, it just has to be entertaining really. UnTranslated isn't much of a problem fyi

Also, please no Lolis.

Edited by MFrost

Mmm Sia from Shuffle was the first girl who popped into my head. She also has elf-like ears although she's not an elf. Lots of Shuffle games are translated too since they are owned by Mangagamer. Shuffle is pretty much on a lighthearted school romance side with lots of comedy although there's some drama on some girls' routes. 

thelisianthusguyw900.jpg

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Sounds like u need some Dracu-Rito's Miu

...Just too bad her route aint translated

gosh what a cute, feel-good picture

Red hair's pretty hard, but one of these should do it. They're all very different characters actually.

Kuon from Gurenka (only play Kuon and Elsrise's route, together reveal basically the whole story and the other routes suck.)

Yukimura Toukofrom Hoshi Ori? Haven't played the game, but I'm if you like seishun that game should be great.

Ami from Semiramis no Tenbin not a normal herione, not a normal vn.

Satia from Ikusa Megami Zero She kind of dissappears for a while in the middle of the story (it's a gameplay VN). I'm not sure if she comes back. But that means she's present and active in the first bunch of chapters.

Edited by Chronopolis

Akatsuki no Goei series' Reika is a redhead and the main heroine.

Akari from Devils Devel Concept is a redhead (she's also a psychopath with a side-job as a role-model student)

Three of the heroines in Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no are redheads, though their paths are the weakest in the VN... except Shino's, which is actually pretty touching and hilarious.

In the Ikusa Megami series, Satia is the main heroine, but while she is in every one of them, you probably wouldn't realize she was if you hadn't played Zero all the way through.

Edit: Otome ga Tsumugu Koi no Canvas's main heroine is a redhead.

Rui from Ruitomo is a redhead.

One of Sorcery Jokers' main heroines is a redhead.

Sorami from Tokyo Babel is a redhead.

Aria in Yurikago yori Tenshi Made is a redhead.

AstralAir no Shiroki Towa has a redhead heroine.

Sakigake Generation has a redhead heroine.

So does Kamikaze Explorer

Edited by Clephas

Since I'm a fan of older games, here's one with one of the first girls I couldn't part with in a VN. Asumi from Heart De Roommate

http://www.jastusa.com/heart-de-roommate.html

heartro_f.jpg

There's also Tamaki from To Heart 2 but that's a bit more maroon than red.

P.S. I agree with you, redheads in 2d rock. All of my favourite 2d girls have red or pink hair.

Edited by ittaku

Tsujidou-san no Junai Road, so fun.

Umm... red haired heroines... what have I read recently that had a red haired heroine.  I mean, what are we defining as red hair?  Dark red hair?  Or are we allowing more dark pinkish looks as well?  Most recent one I remember was c857274chara3.jpg

Kumihama Yuki from Renai Phrase.

Though that's more of a dark pink look than a red, in my opinion.

Dark Pink, Red, Dark Red around that spectrum.

I forgot about Shiori and Sango from Koisuru Last Resort. Pulltop actually has a few VN's that at least have 1 redhead if not more. the new one about the Astrology club by them has a main heroine redhead too.
Minatosoft's new VN/Anime: Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu

Kourin no Machi, Lavender no Shoujo

I just figured that there would be more of them, I mean I can't watch an anime show without seeing a red-haired female character. This season alone there's at least one in 98% of them.

Just remembered from Shinsetsu Ryouki no Ori we have Tsukasa:

codyanime-org-1445171901804843&dc=1&sr.f

and in the second game, Dai 2 Shou we have three:

Miyuki:

c603425chara9.jpg?c=a0

Yukari (only image of her I could find is in her VNDB profile):

https://vndb.org/c35626

Then we have a minor heroine who has an ending named Hiromi, I could only find an image of her from the anime and it's in spoilers because it's NSFW:

3.jpg
Edited by BookwormOtaku