Is there a VN that left a big impact on you (posiitive or negative) ?

MikeY91

you should, there is a whole new world out there if you learn Japanese :P  I mean if you really are into vns and it's not something temporal sooner or later you will want to start learning the language, at least that's what happened to me xD

I have been watching anime my whole life, and started watching subbed anime instead of the dubbed ones for almost 7 years, ever sense then i had always been interested in learning Japanese, my main reason was cuz i wanted to watch anime without bothering to read the subs lol but now that i have been introduced to visual novels i feel like i must learn Japanese, like you said that will open many other possibilities to me, i know it is not gonna be too soon cuz i am studying now, but will surely be something that i really want to accomplish, plus it involves reading more vns and watching more Japanese anime so that won't be too bad right? 8)

Let's nudge this thread back on topic, shall we?

Probably G-senjou left the strongest impact on me.  The ending made me cry like a little bitch, and I'll still tear up occasionally listening to the OST.  Haven't had one that significantly shifted my outlook on life or anything, though, so all I can really say is which one affected me the most emotionally.

That said, I'm pretty sure Subahibi is gonna top that, whenever the damn patch is released.  It sounds more intense than Swan Song, and that's quite a feat.

Good idea :wafuu: , in my personal opinion, G-Senjou never made me very emotional, even the ending, i dunno but that's just me, the atmosphere didn't feel too sad for me, mainly because the protagonist and Haru were not too romantically invloved i guess. but nevertheless, i liked it. 

Glad to know i am not the only guy here who gets emotional reading vns lol but most of the time, when i read a sad vn, i don't cry but i just get depressed :amane: i would rather it being the other way around though cuz it relieves your tension, thats just my personal opinion though.

i am looking forward to read Subahibi then ^_^

999 ruined me by introducing me to VNs 

I was looking forward to read that cuz i hear a lot about it but it seems like it's only available on DS.

you should, there is a whole new world out there if you learn Japanese :P  I mean if you really are into vns and it's not something temporal sooner or later you will want to start learning the language, at least that's what happened to me xD

I have been watching anime my whole life, and started watching subbed anime instead of the dubbed ones for almost 7 years, ever sense then i had always been interested in learning Japanese, my main reason was cuz i wanted to watch anime without bothering to read the subs lol but now that i have been introduced to visual novels i feel like i must learn Japanese, like you said that will open many other possibilities to me, i know it is not gonna be too soon cuz i am studying now, but will surely be something that i really want to accomplish, plus it involves reading more vns and watching more Japanese anime so that won't be too bad right? 8)

Probably G-senjou left the strongest impact on me.  The ending made me cry like a little bitch, and I'll still tear up occasionally listening to the OST.  Haven't had one that significantly shifted my outlook on life or anything, though, so all I can really say is which one affected me the most emotionally.

That said, I'm pretty sure Subahibi is gonna top that, whenever the damn patch is released.  It sounds more intense than Swan Song, and that's quite a feat.

Good idea :wafuu: , in my personal opinion, G-Senjou never made me very emotional, even the ending, i dunno but that's just me, the atmosphere didn't feel too sad for me, mainly because the protagonist and Haru were not too romantically invloved i guess. but nevertheless, i liked it. 

Glad to know i am not the only guy here who gets emotional reading vns lol but most of the time, when i read a sad vn, i don't cry but i just get depressed :amane: i would rather it being the other way around though cuz it relieves your tension, thats just my personal opinion though.

I was looking forward to read that cuz i hear a lot about it but it seems like it's only available on DS.

999 is fucking amazing. Download a DS emulator if you have to. 

I've heard it's quite good from a few friends of mine, but my list of to play VNs is so massive at the moment.

I've heard it's quite good from a few friends of mine, but my list of to play VNs is so massive at the moment.

Probably doesn't mean much to you, but 999 is life-changing for me. It is a masterpiece and definitely deserves to be experienced. It's like 20 hours long anyway. 

I know i'll get hate for this but I FUCKING HATED "ef - a fairy tale of the two" because that bullshit ending. and it pissed me off for a long time. negatively

Didn't the story have a relatively good end? I guess it's about what type of end you want though. I've only seen the anime so i don't really know what the vn ending is if it's any different.

For me it's "Eden*" Crap had me mildly depressed for a couple of days, and lingering thoughts for a good while after. So yeah, i don't aim to be depressed when readin vn's so it was a bad experience, even though i can't help but admit the story was pretty damn engaging.

Probably doesn't mean much to you, but 999 is life-changing for me. It is a masterpiece and definitely deserves to be experienced. It's like 20 hours long anyway. 

Is it on G Senjou's level cause if it is, I'll have to check it out.

I know i'll get hate for this but I FUCKING HATED "ef - a fairy tale of the two" because that bullshit ending. and it pissed me off for a long time. negatively

I only played the first chapter of Ef and I liked it quite a bit. I've already seen the anime and I agree with you, the ending wasn't great, but VNs tend to be better than the anime for me.

Haven't read Senjou yet but 999 is my second favorite VN after its sequel and it has one of the best plot twists in all VNs IMHO

(And honestly that final part about the best plot twist can generate five different responses from a small group of 999 fans) 

Haven't read Senjou yet but 999 is my second favorite VN after its sequel and it has one of the best plot twists in all VNs IMHO

(And honestly that final part about the best plot twist can generate five different responses from a small group of 999 fans) 

G Senjou no Maou had some pretty amazing plot twists as well. I may check out 999 after I finish KnS 2 when it comes out.

True Love 95 - First VN/dating sim I'd ever encountered. I was blown away by the medium.

To Heart 2 - Such an amazing array of loveable characters, I spent 7 years of my life slowly translating my way through the game almost alone. It's fair to say this had lots of impact at various times during my translating the projects, the biggest being the annoyance during Sasara's route and the absolute obsession I had with Lucy's route.

Heart De Roommate - need a spoiler tag to explain why such a light-hearted game would have an impact:

First silly happy visual novel I played that sent me into a week long depression by almost every epilogue being sombre instead of happy and the true route character I loved the most had the saddest ending of all.

She had a life threatening disease for fuck's sake.

Didn't the story have a relatively good end? I guess it's about what type of end you want though. I've only seen the anime so i don't really know what the vn ending is if it's any different.

For me it's "Eden*" Crap had me mildly depressed for a couple of days, and lingering thoughts for a good while after. So yeah, i don't aim to be depressed when readin vn's so it was a bad experience, even though i can't help but admit the story was pretty damn engaging.

yeah the one where she gets hit by a car when she was pregnant?

Hidden Content

That's pretty shitty. I don't think the anime even went as far as to show sexual relationships, so i never knew she was pregnant as well

Hidden Content

Never mind, I remember the car part but I don't remember her being pregnant. Jesus, that's depressing.

Pretty much most of them, because I now realize how much I miss school. 

We always miss the times that we can no longer live through lol sometimes i wonder if this is an accurate feeling, or we just have this feeling because we know we can't go back to the past, that is a mystery my friend.

The only VN that has really left a sizeable impact on me would be Katawa Shoujo. Whether it was because it was my first or because I was in a shit place when I read it, I don't know, but I distinctly remembered reading it and being almost incapacitated for days, before helping me get my shit back together. It got me into running and helped me gain some direction in my life... which I've since lost again, but never mind.

Reading Grisaia is making me want to get back into running though.

I haven't played Clannad yet, but maybe this counts anyway: watching Clannad After Story left me with a very strong desire to settle down and have a kid. It's been a couple years since then, and that still hasn't happened and the desire has waned somewhat, but I expect if I watch it again or play the VN (which I definitely will when the official release is out!), I'd feel that again.