Google+ and Youtube Finally Separate

Nosebleed

http://youtube-global.blogspot.pt/2015/07/youtube-comments.html

In the coming weeks, YouTube will no longer require a Google+ profile when you want to upload, comment, or create a channel. 

Dd4WWuM.gif

Don't delete your Google+ pages yet though, otherwise your youtube will go down with it.

I wonder if all the "This is bob, Bob is taking over Youtube" comments actually worked.

tumblr_inline_my13sbyDq31rz60rk.gif

I got soooo tired of that crap.  I'm a little amazed they're taking it down, though.  I assumed it'd be there for quite a long time, since so many people were in opposition to it, and yet they went ahead with it anyway.  Kinda makes the whole thing pointless, in my opinion.

Also relevant:

155053781acbad59a3142431159a011e5cd7babf

Shame, G+ was the best thing that happened to Youtube.  Due to the people actually putting in their real names, and them showing when they made a comment.  It really facilitated the doxxing of users, and my particular favorite, the dumb ones who would always start flame wars.  Now we get to slowly watch as the comments return to their even shittier form.

The people who wanted to leave those comments would just make a seperate account to do so. YouTube comment sections have always, and will probably remain, a place where people with low IQs gather to insult each other and troll. G+ did nothing to change that.