Ebay is the worst way to sell

firecat

so i just got a email from ebay saying that i'm forced to pay $50+ just for listing my items. now here's the funny part, if i don't agree to pay then under the user agreement:

retaining collection agencies and legal counsel, and, for accounts over 180 days past due, instructing PayPal to deduct the amount owed from your PayPal account balance. In addition, you will be subject to late fees. eBay, or the collection agencies we retain, may also report information about your account to credit bureaus, and as a result, late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report.

thats right they will take action by contacting the government. theres no way around this and many users have been rip off by ebay for hiding the extremely small important information. another thing is that no you won't even win the case in court or even have a court date. under the agreement that you first sign to make the so call "free account" you agree that you read the fees and knew about ebay contacting the government.

my advice, DON'T USE EBAY!

so i just got a email from ebay saying that i'm forced to pay $50+ just for listing my items. now here's the funny part, if i don't agree to pay then under the user agreement:

retaining collection agencies and legal counsel, and, for accounts over 180 days past due, instructing PayPal to deduct the amount owed from your PayPal account balance. In addition, you will be subject to late fees. eBay, or the collection agencies we retain, may also report information about your account to credit bureaus, and as a result, late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report.

thats right they will take action by contacting the government. theres no way around this and many users have been rip off by ebay for hiding the extremely small important information. another thing is that no you won't even win the case in court or even have a court date. under the agreement that you first sign to make the so call "free account" you agree that you read the fees and knew about ebay contacting the government.

my advice, DON'T USE EBAY!

You know you should have probably looked at their fees before listing things, I'm sure they're not charging you with no reason: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/insertion-fee.html

Insertion fees are charged to your seller account at the time of listing. Even if the item doesn't sell, you're still responsible for the insertion fee

Yeah but this is all info they already list for you on their help page, it's your own fault for not checking it beforehand.

They even provide you with a fee calculator so you can see approximately how much you'll have to pay afterwards.

Now that you've gone ahead and listed items you have no choice but to pay up.

Yeah but this is all info they already list for you on their help page, it's your own fault for not checking it beforehand.

They even provide you with a fee calculator so you can see approximately how much you'll have to pay afterwards.

Now that you've gone ahead and listed items you have no choice but to pay up.

I don't use ebay because it doesnt exist in my country (it's called mercadolibre here) and when you list something for selling they tell you before hand the cost, you always need to read something before accepting it, read read read! (yes even the TOS of a forum, read it!) it will take you half and hour (at max) and will prevent many issues and headaches in the future.

I don't use ebay because it doesnt exist in my country (it's called mercadolibre here) and when you list something for selling they tell you before hand the cost, you always need to read something before accepting it, read read read! (yes even the TOS of a forum, read it!) it will take you half and hour (at max) and will prevent many issues and headaches in the future.

They're not really lying, you agreed to their terms of service when you signed up, it's your fault for not bothering to read anything about the listing process.

Sure they're not shoving it directly in your face, but most people with some common sense would look up the terms and conditions before doing something like this.

When I buy something from a new website i always make sure to read their entire ToS to make sure I understand the whole process. The same logic applies here.

All websites like ebay have fees, how else would they make money?

Just because your friends say something doesn't mean you should blindly follow what they told you.

And i'm not saying eBay is a saint or anything, but in this situation you really dug your own grave.

They're not really lying, you agreed to their terms of service when you signed up, it's your fault for not bothering to read anything about the listing process.

Sure they're not shoving it directly in your face, but most people with some common sense would look up the terms and conditions before doing something like this.

When I buy something from a new website i always make sure to read their entire ToS to make sure I understand the whole process. The same logic applies here.

All websites like ebay have fees, how else would they make money?

Just because your friends say something doesn't mean you should blindly follow what they told you.

And i'm not saying eBay is a saint or anything, but in this situation you really dug your own grave.

shhech you are very rude about all this, not all website have fees like ebay (many of them are made because they hate ebay). don't you understand ebay is treating people like garbish always have always will. you fail to understand human suffering like what's wrong with you, this website is going after many people for money but you refuse to accept the suffering.

no i don't like this attitude of yours, many people suffering because of ebay both online and real life. this is not a game try to understand that everyone has problems. don't even bother replying if you just roboting a sentence just to prove one person wrong.

they littery never tell you about the hidden fees. i am not the only one who felt for this trick, there are hundreds if not thousands of people who fell for the "ebay is free" trick. a quick google search as over millions of pages about ebays lies for profit.

They have to tell you one way or another it's their legal obligation to do so, if they don't you can sue them because it's your right to know, then again I'm not sure because I never used ebay, sadly you have 2 paths, pay or hire a lawyer and take the legal route which for that amount of money even if you are right it's not worth it.

Take it as a hard lesson and next time read careful and if you are still not sure (or if it doesnt say anything) look on the internet for information or ask here in the forum, when I have to use a "shady web" I do a research beforehand, I know it sucks because one tends to trust those kind of sites like amazon, newegg, ebay even steam.

Pretty sure when you go to list an item it says on that same page how much you'll have to pay.

Dj4XJQg.png

I've only ever listed one item and I don't know how they determine the insertion fees, but mine was free and when I went to take a screenshot today it was also free. So it seems to me like you really just need to pay more attention.

shhech you are very rude about all this, not all website have fees like ebay (many of them are made because they hate ebay). don't you understand ebay is treating people like garbish always have always will. you fail to understand human suffering like what's wrong with you, this website is going after many people for money but you refuse to accept the suffering.

no i don't like this attitude of yours, many people suffering because of ebay both online and real life. this is not a game try to understand that everyone has problems. don't even bother replying if you just roboting a sentence just to prove one person wrong.

Your fault for not reading. I always search for fees from Terms of service. Don't be lazy and come crying later how you didn't read it lol

You would also look 100% more serious guy if you would use CAPITAL LETTERS like normal person.

Pretty sure when you go to list an item it says on that same page how much you'll have to pay.

Dj4XJQg.png

I've only ever listed one item and I don't know how they determine the insertion fees, but mine was free and when I went to take a screenshot today it was also free. So it seems to me like you really just need to pay more attention.

no its not insertion fees, its final value fee. look at this from ebay:

Here's what we found for "What are the standard eBay selling fees?"

There are generally 2 main fees for selling:

Insertion fee: When you list an item, you're charged an insertion fee that's based on your item's starting or reserve price. Insertion fees are free for your first 20 or 40 listings per calendar month, depending on the listing format and category chosen. Exclusions apply for some categories.

Final value fee: When your item sells, you're charged a final value fee that's based on what the buyer paid—including shipping and handling costs—minus any sales tax. If your item doesn't sell, you won't be charged.

Advanced listing upgrades like a reserve price, a custom duration, bold text or a second category cost extra whether the item sells or not.

they never told you about final value fee in their seller website, that's what many lawyers call hidden fee.

It's so hidden they even list it's 10% of the final value on their website: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html#if_auction

i have over 1000s of reports that claim that no one saw the final value, its your word agents 1000s. yes its hidden, if you dont check the 100 page user agreement then yes its hidden. if you sell something for the first time there will nothing saying about final value, it will stay hidden until you are hit with a bill.

dont make claims that you don't know, i been through the ebay path you haven't.

What 100 page user agreement, it's listed under their help section which you can access at any time, even without being registered, and it only takes a couple clicks to see that the final value fee is 10% of the full value of any item listed.

When you sell one of your products, they then deduct the fee from you, you're already supposed to know there will be final fees though, and if you didn't, it's because you didn't bother checking, but it's always available for you to see (and it should be common sense in my opinion).

All those "1000 reports" are probably people that thought everything was free and didn't bother checking the fees they'd have to pay.

All it takes is you multiplying the final value by 0.1 and you get the fee you'll have to pay. The website is not responsible for your naivety.

As mentioned before, you should take a lesson from this so you don't make the same mistakes in the future when selling products online.

But hey if you're really mad, take it to eBay and discuss it with them, not our forum.

What 100 page user agreement, it's listed under their help section which you can access at any time, even without being registered, and it only takes a couple clicks to see that the final value fee is 10% of the full value of any item listed.

When you sell one of your products, they then deduct the fee from you, you're already supposed to know there will be final fees though, and if you didn't, it's because you didn't bother checking, but it's always available for you to see (and it should be common sense in my opinion).

All those "1000 reports" are probably people that thought everything was free and didn't bother checking the fees they'd have to pay.

All it takes is you multiplying the final value by 0.1 and you get the fee you'll have to pay. The website is not responsible for your naivety.

As mentioned before, you should take a lesson from this so you don't make the same mistakes in the future when selling products online.

But hey if you're really mad, take it to eBay and discuss it with them, not our forum.

look your inexperience in this, the only reason you even knew about this is because i posted a topic. no one has time to read 100 pages of user agreement, yes there is a 100 page user agreement ebay help center is up to 100 page.

just because its on the internet it doesn't make it true! ebay keeps changing the final value, so stop acting like you know ebay.

Sounds to me like you're just upset for having to pay money. Let me make a quick video on OriginalRen's YouTube channel (click here) where I will discuss how the evil cooperate sales division known as eBay is ruining the sales industry. It will surely be a huge hit for my subscribers who provide me with a plethora of money thanks to partnering with YouTube. You know, all 242 of them.